What is the best way to dry and preserve the cure for smooth, sweet buds?

Awesome thread - I have never used the dry method with the entire plant. I will give it a shot next month when my Nirvana Bubblelicious Auto is ready for harvest. Thanks, all!

I have a problem with the drying being to rapidly. After 2-3 days the plant is totally dry even when hanginging the whole plant.
Rh 50%
Last time I hanged a plastic cover over the plants. It woorked a bit better but still very dry after 3 days.

I have no fan blowing around. Only use the fan connected to my carbonfilter. Can it be that this fan is to powerful and exchange the air to often?

Any other suggestion for a longer/slower dry?

I have a problem with the drying being to rapidly. After 2-3 days the plant is totally dry even when hanginging the whole plant.
Rh 50%
Last time I hanged a plastic cover over the plants. It woorked a bit better but still very dry after 3 days.

I have no fan blowing around. Only use the fan connected to my carbonfilter. Can it be that this fan is to powerful and exchange the air to often?

Any other suggestion for a longer/slower dry?

You have too much air moving thru your space … I hang whole plant minus dead fans, in a closet w/ the door open 2" - 3" for 2-3 days until the buds begin to feel dry on the outside. At this point I separate the branches and lay them 1 layer thick closed up in brown grocery bags … I aim for mid 60's rh no sooner than 10 days from harvest.

You have too much air moving thru your space … I hang whole plant minus dead fans, in a closet w/ the door open 2" - 3" for 2-3 days until the buds begin to feel dry on the outside. At this point I separate the branches and lay them 1 layer thick closed up in brown grocery bags … I aim for mid 60's rh no sooner than 10 days from harvest.

Turn the exhaust off then:) Or maybe on a timer? 2 Times a day 30 minutes?

Thanx:)

Fantasmo Express Harvest Day … 11 Weeks

This plant was harvested 11/3/18 … Mephisto Genetics … very social high w/a great taste
DSCN0003.JPG

:cool:

cut and paste amigo. about 4 weeks away and that is my next issue to fix, one thing im doing this time is using mason jars and sealing buds to preserve

It depends on how much you have to cure, and do you have any help. I typically grow 5-10 lbs dry weight and dry and cure it by myself. I strip the large fan leaves then hang branches upside down for about 2 weeks. The leaves that fall during stripping or drying I save for bubble hash presently. The trim (excellent from Wiz, GG4 and Afghan Kush) removed before being jarred for curing may also be used to make some excellent bubble hash. (One could smoke or vape it alternatively, the trichomes are conspicuous.) I use each grow to study alternatives. This year a hanging 8 level circular mesh drying apparatus was used for about 1/2 lb of Afghan Kush nugs of excellent quality from which all the leaves were removed. The cure is going well, but time will tell on the ultimate quality, expected to be also excellent. I cure by taking off the jar top for about 1 hr/day over 6 weeks to 2 months. The final product is smooth and sweet.

It depends on how much you have to cure, and do you have any help. I typically grow 5-10 lbs dry weight and dry and cure it by myself. I strip the large fan leaves then hang branches upside down for about 2 weeks. The leaves that fall during stripping or drying I save for bubble hash presently. The trim (excellent from Wiz, GG4 and Afghan Kush) removed before being jarred for curing may also be used to make some excellent bubble hash. (One could smoke or vape it alternatively, the trichomes are conspicuous.) I use each grow to study alternatives. This year a hanging 8 level circular mesh drying apparatus was used for about 1/2 lb of Afghan Kush nugs of excellent quality from which all the leaves were removed. The cure is going well, but time will tell on the ultimate quality, expected to be also excellent. I cure by taking off the jar top for about 1 hr/day over 6 weeks to 2 months. The final product is smooth and sweet.
Hi Old Growth
I’m an old hippie gal who grew for the 3rd time; outdoors and as they say; 3’s a charm - I grew an Afghan Kush, GH#4, DukeNukem and 2 Rock Stars. Managed to total just over 5 pounds and have been jar curing since mid-October. I’ve slowed down to airing about once a week now. I don’t have an agrometer or bovedas - just watching closely and testing - nice and smooth now. No signs of mould ever (touch wood!)
My question is how long can I keep in the jars in my cool dark closet. Should I slow down the burping? Any advice would be much appreciated.
All are perfect right out of the jar now, but the DukeNukem still seems “spongy” and is best if I break off the buds and let air dry on a try before grinding and smoking. Then it too is perfect and potent. Thanks for your time.

Hi Old Growth
I’m an old hippie gal who grew for the 3rd time; outdoors and as they say; 3’s a charm - I grew an Afghan Kush, GH#4, DukeNukem and 2 Rock Stars. Managed to total just over 5 pounds and have been jar curing since mid-October. I’ve slowed down to airing about once a week now. I don’t have an agrometer or bovedas - just watching closely and testing - nice and smooth now. No signs of mould ever (touch wood!)
My question is how long can I keep in the jars in my cool dark closet. Should I slow down the burping? Any advice would be much appreciated.
All are perfect right out of the jar now, but the DukeNukem still seems “spongy” and is best if I break off the buds and let air dry on a try before grinding and smoking. Then it too is perfect and potent. Thanks for your time.

Hi Gramma,
I'm sure OldGrowth will chime in so I wont go into answering any of your post...but I did read the amount you were getting at harvest and thought this post may be helpful on how you cure. It should save you a lot of time and works wonderful.
DrZiggy's Low And Slow Drying: Maximizing Your Harvest
It may be on interest to you. :goodluck:

I have my first 2 seedlings and came across this post while looking for some grow tips. I am glad I found it. I really needed this information and didnt know it. Thank you

2019 update:

I've modified my drying to use hanging drying racks (for herbs) rather than hang an entire branch that wastes a bit of fine herb as it is hung and transported. Slippery little trichomes may drop any which way. This is contained more by a rack. So, I cut single nugs or just a few from a branch and into the rack we go. The drying takes only a few days this way and the aroma is much reduced. After the 6 - 8 week cure, I trim the sugar leaves using the trim alternatively for canna butter to bake or kief (kief screen) to smoke. The remaining green material goes into the freezer for later bubble hash processing. While I trim the tiny popcorn nugs go into a large paper bag that when dry produce very potent trim.

Please chime in Mr. Sauga on any of my posts, I learn from each and every one.

Peace and Love

Back
Top Bottom