What is wrong with these plants?

GunsNGanja

I transplanted them about 2 days ago and switched from 2 40 watt t12 aquarium lights to my 600w MH and it was hung at about 22” above canopy. The next day one of the girls showed what I thought was signs of light stress. I moved the light to 28” and moved the one afflicted to the corner of my 4x4. Now today the other two are starting to show the same signs. Is this a potassium or phosphorus deficiency? I’m in a mix of 50% happy tree frog 50% kryptonite super soil. Surely this can’t be lol. I’m watering with straight tap water which I’m told is about ph 7 and I let it sit for 24 hours. Although I don’t think that should matter since it’s 100% organic. Strains are two critical orange punch, one is zkittlez. The temps are 76 day, 69 night. Humidity is about 40-45.
FBC572C6-BD99-4599-88E3-2BFB3FD5784D.jpeg

12697428-980D-47ED-B4B4-215DAB18AE64.jpeg

D3C29BBA-9CB1-4631-B653-A6A9E5018A3F.jpeg

it looks like a cal mag deficiency to me. but we'll see what some of the others have to say before saying for sure. you should make priority to get a pH meter. even a cheap one is better than nothing.

At this stage, the plant primarily needs nitrogen. Nitrogen is available across a very wide pH range and any normal soil is going to be able to supply it without a problem. Although a pH meter is highly recommended when you start feeding the plant, that is not the problem right now.
I see a plant with puffy downturned leaves with a combination of light stress and signs of overwatering. Let the plant dry out all the way to the bottom between waterings and I suspect that things will start looking up. The leaves that were burned by the light will never get much better, so look to the new growth to see the health of the plant as things progress.

Soil is too hot?
That is what I think. Not extremely hot, but enough that we can see it in the tips and edges. I would let it dry down and then plain water again. She will be fine. Watch for new growth and make sure it is green and not goofy looking. It should be good to go and take off in your excellent mix of soil.

Thanks guys! I will let them really dry out before giving them their next water. It’s supposed to rain tonight so I put out 4 big totes on the back deck. I’ll collect as much rain water as I can and that is was I’ll water with next. I’ll also go get a ph tester tomorrow from the hydro store.

Back
Top Bottom