What soil or medium to use?

jimmyclone

Hay all, just wanting some advice on soil brands, mixtures. I have a home depot, lowes, art napp, etc... I saw someone here using promix bx, perlite, vermiculite.. Is this considered a soil less mix as it is mostly be peat moss i believe. Would i follow a hydro ph schedule or a soil ph schedule in this medium. Any and all advice and recommendations will be appreciated. Been creepin here a while, all my equipment showed up and will be rockin soon. Love all the info on this site, you guys rock.
Cheers

I usw Promix, but prefer the HP version. It has more perlite in it to make it "High Porosity". It also has Myco in it. :thumb:

It is soil less, but is buffered really well so hydro's strict PH'ing isn't required. You can amend the Promix with the fert's of your choice, or go with bottled nute's. I've had good luck with Doc Bud's High Brix "Kit", the GH Flora series, and amending the Promix, like making Supersoil.

btw

:welcome: to :420:

Promix gets treated like hydro as far as as ph , 6.3-6.5 range but if you are making soil out of it with active organics then 6.2-6.8 for soil ph would probably be in order.

Sent from my VS980 4G using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I agree - no extra perlite needed with HP. It is already in there. I do add EWC to it.
When using GH Flora, I run them at the published mixes, but at half strength of the recommendations.
My well water is neutral at 7.0 PH. The GH nute's bring that down to about 6.3. The Promix is well buffered. I find no need to adjust PH of just my water and feed solutions.

Half of the recommended nutes on there site? (GH)I have downloaded the chart. Do u feed every watering, or do u feed water feed water? Thanks guys this is exactly the info i was lookin for.

It depends on the plant. I feed every time if I'm happy with its overall appearance, color, etc.
If I see claw, or other sign of potential toxicity, I back off. If I think there is a deficiency, I add a little more.
As long as you are at 1/2 strength I think you can start with feeding with every watering after two-three weeks, WITH ONE IMPORTANT NOTE:
I water completely. Once a young plant has been fed and drenched thoroughly, it is often two weeks before it gets anything again. If I watered every other day like some do, I'd worry more about salt build up. It won't hurt to alternate plain water with your feedings. Just watch the plants and let them tell you what they prefer.

It depends on the plant. I feed every time if I'm happy with its overall appearance, color, etc.
If I see claw, or other sign of potential toxicity, I back off. If I think there is a deficiency, I add a little more.
As long as you are at 1/2 strength I think you can start with feeding with every watering after two-three weeks, WITH ONE IMPORTANT NOTE:
I water completely. Once a young plant has been fed and drenched thoroughly, it is often two weeks before it gets anything again. If I watered every other day like some do, I'd worry more about salt build up. It won't hurt to alternate plain water with your feedings. Just watch the plants and let them tell you what they prefer.
I agree with you pita. Im using the complete advanced nute line from sensi a and b through grandmaster. I feed 1/2 strength at every water. No pH pen ever needed and rare to need to flush throughout an entire grow. I will flush a few weeks before harvest though just to let them cannibalize their own leaves.

Sent from my VS980 4G using 420 Magazine Mobile App

thanks for the info.major pita, i got the promix hp, put a litre of water in with rapid root and gh blend(very mild 1ml per gal) then dropped the beans in tap down. Sprayed the top a bit to make sure they stay moist. Im using air pots so i dont know if i could let them go 2 weeks without water. I know i should have completely soaked the pots but i only had 2 gals of bubbled water this morning. Im thinkinh i should just spray with the mister untill there above ground. Also should i have my cfl on right now? Do they search for the light?
Thanks again all

Back
Top Bottom