What's Cancer Research UK's Stance on Cannabis Hemp Oil

milkfox

I recently created a topic on the Cancer Research UK forum, for those that don't know they're the biggest cancer 'charity' in the UK. I wanted to get a clear answer from them to exactly what it is they're doing to prove or disprove peoples claims that Hemp Oil is fighting their cancer. Why has it taken over 40 years since a study in America showed the reduction in rats brain cancer when injected with THC? Why do they refuse to test it on Humans and continue to waste time testing it on animals year after year after year?

I'm always wary of charities but was under the impression this was an honest organization and that they would find a cure even if it meant big pharma wouldn't be able to make profit.

They deleted my topic without answering me and banned my account.

During that time I found the only article on their website which talks about cannabinoids. Currently they're paying a person in Spain to test certain properties of the Hemp plant and use them on cancer cells. Also, it's genetically modified cannabinoids they're using and not straight from the plant. More time wasting and side stepping the issue.

I don't know why it's so hard for these people to just dedicate 3 months to test Hemp Oil on a cancer patient. In my opinion, they're part of the corruption and are there to give us the illusion a cure is coming, we just have to wait a little bit longer! but keep donating money! Yeah right. It's been going on and on for decades.

Thank god we have the internet. :peacetwo:

Re: What's cancer research UK's stance on Hemp Oil

I use to donate to CRUK monthly and even ran a marathon to raise funds for them. Then a few years ago i woke up to the reality of this world.

Unfortunately however, despite the fact the staff are ultimately good people with good intentions, they are just another HUGE arm of the Cancer 'Business'

If it became common knowledge that hemp oil could kill cancer, these 'Charities' would fall with cancer deaths.

It's a sick world mate when you think of the sociopathic tenancies of Big Pharma, but all we can do is educate those still in the dark one mind at a time.

Re: What's cancer research UK's stance on Hemp Oil

They're so stubborn towards trying new things, all they do is follow 'official medical guidelines'. Hand in hand with the government.

I was reading this article, it talks about how the U.S government is clamping down on hemp prescriptions and instead letting big pharma get a nice chunk of the market.

Just as the federal government is clamping down on medical marijuana dispensaries, the Federal Drug Administration (FDA) may be set to give Big Pharma the clearance to take over the market.

In 2007, GW Pharmaceuticals announced that it partnered with Otsuka to bring "Sativex" -- or liquefied marijuana -- to the U.S. The companies recently completed Phase II efficacy and safety trials testing and began discussion with the FDA for Phase III testing. Phase III is generally thought to be the final step before the drug can be marketed in the U.S.

"GW Pharmaceuticals plc (AIM: GWP) today announces the initiation of the Phase III clinical trials programme of Sativex in the treatment of pain in patients with advanced cancer, who experience inadequate analgesia during optimized chronic opioid therapy," GW said in a statement. "This indication represents the initial target indication for Sativex in the United States."

Sativex is the brand name for a drug derived from cannabis sativa. It's an extract from the whole plant cannabis, not a synthetic compound. Even GW defines the drug (.pdf) as marijuana.

Yet as the FDA is poised to approve the drug for Big Pharma, state-licensed medical marijuana dispensaries that provide relief for thousands of Americans are under attack by other federal agencies.

Lynette Shaw, the owner and founder of Marin Alliance for Medical Marijuana (MAMM) in Fairfax, California, was stunned when the IRS audited her 2008 and 2009 tax returns and disallowed the foundation's business deductions, then demanded millions of dollars in back taxes.

The IRS pursued her under § 280E of the federal tax code, which states that no business deductions will be allowed for companies "trafficking in controlled substances".

Shaw is now suing the IRS to prevent them from destroying the entire medical marijuana industry.

Last week, the Justice Department even threatened to prosecute state employees who license medical marijuana dispensaries.

As a result, Washington state Gov. Chris Gregoire (D) said she would veto a bill that would have allowed the state to license growers.

In February, marijuana advocacy group NORML warned that the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) intended to legalize marijuana for Big Pharma only.

"The DEA's intent is to expand the federal government's schedule III listing to include pharmaceutical products containing naturally derived formations of THC while simultaneously maintain existing criminal prohibitions on the plant itself," Paul Armentano, the deputy director of the National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws (NORML), wrote at AlterNet.

Source here

I can see why they would want to isolate a compound to more effectively treat...

However I totally agree with you, why not use a natural product that may work? I mean, that is the goal.. Something that works! In the time they are searching, why not use something we have NOW?

I think they look at it in the wrong light.. They need to think about maybe its the fact that there are a huge glob of varying cannabinoids that make it so effective... That is the reason people choose cannabis over marinol... It works better because of the variety involved..

I can see why they would want to isolate a compound to more effectively treat...

However I totally agree with you, why not use a natural product that may work? I mean, that is the goal.. Something that works! In the time they are searching, why not use something we have NOW?

I think they look at it in the wrong light.. They need to think about maybe its the fact that there are a huge glob of varying cannabinoids that make it so effective... That is the reason people choose cannabis over marinol... It works better because of the variety involved..

Yeah I'm not saying they shouldn't experiment with different methods but it seems like they're just putting it off. If i had enough money I'd do my own clinical trials on volunteers out in Holland and publish the results.

I'm based in Leeds, UK and am gathering research for a documentary to raise awareness of Hemp Oil cancer treatment. Potentially, we have found the long sort after cure for cancer and the governments of Great Britain and the U.S picked more money over the health and well being of it's citizens. Imagine the effect on the multi-billion pound pharmaceutical industries if there was a cure-all medicine that you could grow and cultivate in your own garden for free? More people need to know before it's too late. I'm looking for testimonials of people who defined the destructive laws and tried this treatment (preferably in UK for budget reasons but I welcome any story people wish to share) to be included in the documentary. What were the results? Even if you don't want to be included the more first hand evidence we have for this the better. I welcome any and all situations. The NHS and countless charities spend millions every year to find the cure for cancer. The cure is right under our noises. Literally. Because it's in our mouths being smoked away.

Many thanks,

James Davies

Back
Top Bottom