What's happening to my new growth shoots?

Go on ebay and buy cheep LED's. If you don't have 150$ to get a system go with the ones that look like your CFL's,
22_0.jpg
It's funny you should say that, because when I got a ride into town today, and checked my bank account, my years worth of GST and gratuitous poor person income tax pittance, was in. And that was the very first thing that came to mind. So I went browsing and found these that I thought I might look into. It would give me 500 watts over what is in the smaller bloom room now, so the buds would be substantially bigger, and less heat and power consumption. Have a look and let me know what you think of these.
DIAMOND 9W Effective full spectrum 36-87nm LED Grow Light Panel For Indoor Plants, High Yield! | BOSSLED - Best LED Grow Lights For Indoor Plants :thumb:

Or possibly these ones.
LED GROW LIGHT 8W | BOSSLED

It's funny you should say that, because when I got a ride into town today, and checked my bank account, my years worth of GST and gratuitous poor person income tax pittance, was in. And that was the very first thing that came to mind. So I went browsing and found these that I thought I might look into. It would give me 500 watts over what is in the smaller bloom room now, so the buds would be substantially bigger, and less heat and power consumption. Have a look and let me know what you think of these.
DIAMOND 9W Effective full spectrum 36-87nm LED Grow Light Panel For Indoor Plants, High Yield! | BOSSLED - Best LED Grow Lights For Indoor Plants :thumb:

Or possibly these ones.
LED GROW LIGHT 8W | BOSSLED

Maybe try to talk to Sara from Mars or Jason from twilight leds. They are sponsors here. Idk 0 about that leds that you sent me links for... but Jason I know he is a good guy and as for Sara I can't vouch for her but I bet you are better off dealing with someone from here than random stuff.

Just an fyi, i got 2 of the old style mars hydro leds on ebay for about $124 and they work so well. Barely any heat and they grow nice plants. I was using cfls too but the heat really does get up there when using high wattage. I feel you on being low on funds. Everything i had was DIY and i had to scrimp and save until my first good harvest. Those lights made ahell of a difference tho. With the cfls i was at low 90s in Fahrenheit and with the mars lights i got it down to high 70s-low 80s.

Yep. I just checked the price on Jason's new led the GSC 600 or smt like that and it's 180 free shipping. I have an old spider 90w (real draw) and it's OK maybe the new leds are better... Anyway these are the best 2 options for a low buget led.
For medium price and high performance diy is the thing.

Maybe try to talk to Sara from Mars or Jason from twilight leds. They are sponsors here. Idk 0 about that leds that you sent me links for... but Jason I know he is a good guy and as for Sara I can't vouch for her but I bet you are better off dealing with someone from here than random stuff.

I will look into these two people you have mentioned. Thank you.:thanks:

Just an fyi, i got 2 of the old style mars hydro leds on ebay for about $124 and they work so well. Barely any heat and they grow nice plants. I was using cfls too but the heat really does get up there when using high wattage. I feel you on being low on funds. Everything i had was DIY and i had to scrimp and save until my first good harvest. Those lights made ahell of a difference tho. With the cfls i was at low 90s in Fahrenheit and with the mars lights i got it down to high 70s-low 80s.

I and the plants, would love it to be low 80's. The last 2 days here have been mid 30's and combine that with the living in a tin box thing, and they were sure warm. A minor update for all that have been reading, I have managed to get the 2nd bloom room on 12/12 opposite hours to the bathroom 12/12. That, combined with being able to have the A/C on 24/7, managed to get the upper room down to 29 degrees. Still not terrific but better. The shriveled new shoots seemed to have made a small comeback with all the misting I have been doing to them.

Thank you both for your input into the LED thing. I am going to get something in the next couple of days.

Cheers
Gronk.

Yep. I just checked the price on Jason's new led the GSC 600 or smt like that and it's 180 free shipping. I have an old spider 90w (real draw) and it's OK maybe the new leds are better... Anyway these are the best 2 options for a low buget led.

Those are prices I can live with. I will check them out. Thanks.

I checked out Twilight, but they only have the new Cob LED's that I could see and not what I was looking for. I did find a suitable light from MARS. Buuuuut they don't have free shipping like so many other places offer. So that's out. I can maybe afford a light but not some humongous shipping charge added on. So I'll have to keep looking for now. I've even been checkin' out Craigslist to see if I could score a decent used one, but nothing so far. Grrrr. (Anxiously tapping fingers on desk).

I checked out Twilight, but they only have the new Cob LED's that I could see and not what I was looking for. I did find a suitable light from MARS. Buuuuut they don't have free shipping like so many other places offer. So that's out. I can maybe afford a light but not some humongous shipping charge added on. So I'll have to keep looking for now. I've even been checkin' out Craigslist to see if I could score a decent used one, but nothing so far. Grrrr. (Anxiously tapping fingers on desk).

Looking For Growers For New LED Grow Light With 5W Chip & Lens

check this thread and see what LED I'm talking about. And I emailed Jason and he reply with the price and the free shipping.

Hi Mypassion,

The price of the GS600 is just $189.50/pcs with FREE Shipping. how many do you need? here are more pictures of this lamp for review, any feedback will be highly appreciated.

Thanks and Best Regards

Jason Huang
Sales Manager

Twilight Group Co., LTD
TwilightGroup is a market-leading innovator of LED Grow Light, LED Aquarium Light
Twilight Group Co., Limited - LED Aquarium Lighting,LED Grow Light
Phone:0086-0755-23341166
Fax:0086-755-23341166
Mobile:0086-13728601473
Address:The 6th floor, Building 6, Donglongxing Hi-Tech Park,Huaning Road, Longhua new district, Shenzhen City ,GuangDong Province, China.

Looking For Growers For New LED Grow Light With 5W Chip & Lens

check this thread and see what LED I'm talking about. And I emailed Jason and he reply with the price and the free shipping.

Hi Mypassion,

The price of the GS600 is just $189.50/pcs with FREE Shipping. how many do you need? here are more pictures of this lamp for review, any feedback will be highly appreciated.

Thanks and Best Regards

Jason Huang
Sales Manager

Twilight Group Co., LTD
TwilightGroup is a market-leading innovator of LED Grow Light, LED Aquarium Light
Twilight Group Co., Limited - LED Aquarium Lighting,LED Grow Light
Phone:0086-0755-23341166
Fax:0086-755-23341166
Mobile:0086-13728601473
Address:The 6th floor, Building 6, Donglongxing Hi-Tech Park,Huaning Road, Longhua new district, Shenzhen City ,GuangDong Province, China.

Thank you so much for going to that trouble. And though I'm sure that price is in USD, even converting it to my devalued Canadian dollar, at $242.07 it is still a great price. And the free shipping is awesome. I will be in contact with Jason soon. Thank you again.:thanks::cheer::high-five:

You are welcome! Glad to be of help :)

After all the wonderful help you have been, getting me in contact with the right people, (I really appreciate it) I just made a deal with a fellow on Craigslist for 2 Brand new 300 watt LED's for $300. So I can't pass that up. Now I can cool down both rooms at the same time instead of having to wait for months to buy a 2nd one. Here are the pics of what they look like. (These are pics of the used ones he just sold. The new ones are still boxed up.)
00y0y_7JO3rOVMgE0_1200x900.jpg
00J0J_k9cyEd8Ah6Q_1200x900.jpg
00t0t_kQ4U9aZky4D_1200x900.jpg
00X0X_c6vASDLjwwu_1200x900.jpg

After all the wonderful help you have been, getting me in contact with the right people, (I really appreciate it) I just made a deal with a fellow on Craigslist for 2 Brand new 300 watt LED's for $300. So I can't pass that up. Now I can cool down both rooms at the same time instead of having to wait for months to buy a 2nd one. Here are the pics of what they look like. (These are pics of the used ones he just sold. The new ones are still boxed up.)
00y0y_7JO3rOVMgE0_1200x900.jpg
00J0J_k9cyEd8Ah6Q_1200x900.jpg
00t0t_kQ4U9aZky4D_1200x900.jpg
00X0X_c6vASDLjwwu_1200x900.jpg

That is great. Is that 300w real or ~ 120? If it's not 300w I think it would have been better to go with Jason's stuff. The GS600 is 240w or smt like that and the gs300 is round 150 and better price maybe. And warranty would never be a problem..

That is great. Is that 300w real or ~ 120? If it's not 300w I think it would have been better to go with Jason's stuff. The GS600 is 240w or smt like that and the gs300 is round 150 and better price maybe. And warranty would never be a problem..

Well to tell you the truth I don't know. That's the problem with getting old. I'm getting too lazy to do research because it hurts my eyes and my brain to read too much. But I'm sure you're probably right. I just thought the 300 would be a little insufficient and the 600 a little too much. But I have made my life on one bad decision after another, and this is probably just another doozie.

Well to tell you the truth I don't know. That's the problem with getting old. I'm getting too lazy to do research because it hurts my eyes and my brain to read too much. But I'm sure you're probably right. I just thought the 300 would be a little insufficient and the 600 a little too much. But I have made my life on one bad decision after another, and this is probably just another doozie.

Well next time let me do that research for you. I really don't mind at all. I can give you a hand, ask around of idk. Just send me a PM when you need stuff like this done and if I can help I will for sure.

Well next time let me do that research for you. I really don't mind at all. I can give you a hand, ask around of idk. Just send me a PM when you need stuff like this done and if I can help I will for sure.

I had actually considered asking you to send me a PM earlier in this posting session, so that I could respond and ask you some questions. Because I only have about 30 posts as of this time, and as such am not yet allowed to PM anyone except Staff. But I thought that might be considered bad manners, so I didn't.

I had actually considered asking you to send me a PM earlier in this posting session, so that I could respond and ask you some questions. Because I only have about 30 posts as of this time, and as such am not yet allowed to PM anyone except Staff. But I thought that might be considered bad manners, so I didn't.

I've sent the pm. You need 20 more posts. Just do it in this thread. Yap Yap done

I've sent the pm. You need 20 more posts. Just do it in this thread. Yap Yap done
Great. Now As soon as I can remember all the questions I had for you, I'll PM you right back. But it's almost 4 AM here and my brain is pretty fuzzy at the moment. Thanks.
Cheers

Well that didn't work. I thought if you PM'ed me, I would be allowed to respond. But not so. Typed a nice long email, just to find out that it couldn't be done.

Great. Now As soon as I can remember all the questions I had for you, I'll PM you right back. But it's almost 4 AM here and my brain is pretty fuzzy at the moment. Thanks.
Cheers
So I'm gonna have to abuse you 17 more posts worth.

Back
Top Bottom