What's happening to my new growth shoots?

Gronk

Hi guys. I had posted some pics of my DIY setup in my gallery and had asked for some help with a yellowing leaf problem on my flowering White Widow mother plant. But I must have posted in the wrong area or something stupid. So I will try here. This is a different problem from the yellowing leaf one. My second room has my first attempt at a Low Stress Training grow. 3 White Widow plants under 2 200W CFL's. It gets pretty warm in the small room. It's 2 1/2' x 4' x 4 1/2' high. and has no exhaust at the moment. It gets upwards of 35 degrees in there. They were doing fine until a couple of days ago when the new shoots started coming out all light green and shriveled up. Is it the heat problem? I use ProMix soil and General Organics GO Box nutrients. I usually feed, water, water, feed etc. They are at the moment still on 24/7 but I was going to 12/12 them a day or two ago so I can keep my two room perpetual yield thing going. But I don't want to put them into flower until I solve this problem.
Extra info. I am not an experienced grower, but this is also not my first grow. I have 3 or 4 other grows under my belt and never experienced this before. Any and all help will be appreciated. Here are a before and after pic of the new shoots.
100_01804.JPG
100_01912.JPG

Hi mypassion. The door is always open about a foot. I don't worry about my cats getting into this room as the plants come right the way to the door. There is no vent in the room at the moment, but I am working on that. My backs been out for a week now and I haven't been able to do anything but water them. I have an oscillating tower fan in the room to move the air around, but it doesn't cool it down any. Once I can figure out this problem, I will be able to put this room on 12/12, opposite hours of the 12/12 I have going on in the bathroom. Once I can get the lights on separate hours, I can then use the A/C during the day to help cool it down, but at the moment I have 6 200W CFL's and a 55W CFL going at the same time, so I can't risk running the A/C as well at the same time. Thanks for your input.
:thumb:
Cheers.

I'm a bit of a noob at this but to me it looks like there's not enough light and a bit of a nutrient deficiency. Do you use distilled water? What is you nutrient feeding cycle?

Hi GreenMachinee.
At this moment, just checked, it is 36 degrees in there with the lights on. The lights in the bathroom have gone out so I guess I will try closing all the windows and turn on the A/C and hope I don't blow a breaker. Not a lot of power to be had in a trailer :-(
As far as using power, yes my 200 watters say they use just over 100, so your 300 gets better power rating than my 200's.
Cheers

Hi joinaunion;
There is 400 Watts in a 2 1/2' x 4' x 4 1/2' high room, so light isn't the problem. I don't use distilled water because I live in a trailer park and we are on well water. Nice and clean. I feed, water, water. feed water. water... I use a General Organics GoBox and this is the feeding ratio I use.
General-Organics-Feeding-Chart.png

Thanks.
Cheers

Have you had the well water tested for Ph level or hardness? Typically well water is a hard water. Does it run through a softener? You could try a mixed water solution half well with filtered water from store or distilled.

Hi joinaunion.
I did buy one of those cheap-ass ph testers for $19.99. And it says I am at 7.1. So not terribly high, but it is just a cheap tester and may be giving me false readings, I don't know. And there won't be any buying store water to feed them. I could try distilling some on my own, but I can't afford to buy many things, let alone water. I have a friend who works for a legit medicinal grow op, so I will try and see if I can borrow one of their expensive testers to see if that is it. But I (stupidly) assumed that well water would be awesome.
Doh!!!

Idk man. I really wish I could help. To get rid of the ph problems, from the beginning, I started with AN ph perfect. Going now to a ph and ec tester would be drama for me lol.

Hi mypassion.
I have about $420 worth of GST coming to me from not filing my income tax last year, so I was going to look into that , but they are expensive and I won't get much for my $400. I also have 2 rooms on the go. My attempt at a perpetual grow. Actually it is 4 rooms because I have a clone closet and a veg room as well as the 2 bloom rooms. So getting LED's in at least the 2 bloom rooms will cost a bundle. And I am only going to be growing 1 - 6 plants per room anyway, with the end results just being for my personal med supply. So spending too much money on it is not feasible. But I may buy one this year if I can find one in the right price range. Then if I see a big difference, I can get another next spring.

Idk man. I really wish I could help. To get rid of the ph problems, from the beginning, I started with AN ph perfect. Going now to a ph and ec tester would be drama for me lol.

ec tester? Something else I need to buy? What does it do?

You don't need 1. I bought it out of stupidity... It tells you the dosage of the nutrients you are giving the plants. So you give just in the right region.

You don't need 1. I bought it out of stupidity... It tells you the dosage of the nutrients you are giving the plants. So you give just in the right region.

Well I sure don't need to be buying anything out of stupidity. I do enough of that already. lol.

35 is much too hot so the plant is doing everything it can to perspire including sacrificing new growth. If you can get the lights up a little that will help, they're really not able to use the light in that heat anyway, but don't go too high since they're CFL and not making that much heat but it will help increase air flow over the canopy. Try to keep your pots/soil cool too because the roots can suffer in the heat.

35 is much too hot so the plant is doing everything it can to perspire including sacrificing new growth. If you can get the lights up a little that will help, they're really not able to use the light in that heat anyway, but don't go too high since they're CFL and not making that much heat but it will help increase air flow over the canopy. Try to keep your pots/soil cool too because the roots can suffer in the heat.
Thank you for your input. I raised the lights the other day when I first noticed it. The lights are about 7" above the plants at this time. How does one go about cooling the roots as you mention?
Update: In the 2 hours that the A/C has been on, it has dropped to 30 degrees in the upper room. Not quite as bad, but until I get this room going on 12/12 I can't us the A/C when the two rooms are going at the same time.

Thank you for your input. I raised the lights the other day when I first noticed it. The lights are about 7" above the plants at this time. How does one go about cooling the roots as you mention?
Update: In the 2 hours that the A/C has been on, it has dropped to 30 degrees in the upper room. Not quite as bad, but until I get this room going on 12/12 I can't us the A/C when the two rooms are going at the same time.

Go on ebay and buy cheep LED's. If you don't have 150$ to get a system go with the ones that look like your CFL's,
22_0.jpg

Back
Top Bottom