What's up everybody!

Hey! Welcome @670grow . I'm a new grower (outdoor) but will be doing an indoor grow too at some point. Going to take this opportunity to welcome you and sit back to read the wisdom you will be receiving. Take care and I hope you have an amazing grow. I am sure you will be getting multiple nudges to start a grow journal. If you do start, please let me know. I'd like to follow along your journey.
Hi and thanks @BakedARea. Yeah so far joining 420 has been awesome. Everyones been kind enough to give advice and help with my first grow. Gonna be a test run and will be more of a learning experience to really get a feel of a indoor grow. When growing outdoors I really just plant my seeds straight into soil and justlet them grow how they want to. No nutes no nothing. Just plain old water. Truly gonna be a first for everything for me.

Looking at the first pictures, I definitely have to ask if there are drainage holes in the cup? The plant looks to be overwatered, and at this stage in growth pH is rarely the problem because Nitrogen is available across a huge swath of pH ranges. Please read and follow my article on watering and learn the concept of the wet/dry cycle and how to properly water to runoff each time, once the seedlings have been established.
Lastly, its not the FF soil either. I have started hundreds of plants in FFOF, and they usually adapt right to it and get very fast starts in that very rich soil.

Welcome @670grow
Glad you've joined us to enjoy the ride with you and as experimental as you note, you still want to get the best yield possible.
Your suppprt system is in place now so use it to your fullest advantage. After all no harm in pulling 3zips instead of one;)
:thumb::Namaste:

Looking at the first pictures, I definitely have to ask if there are drainage holes in the cup? The plant looks to be overwatered, and at this stage in growth pH is rarely the problem because Nitrogen is available across a huge swath of pH ranges. Please read and follow my article on watering and learn the concept of the wet/dry cycle and how to properly water to runoff each time, once the seedlings have been established.
Lastly, its not the FF soil either. I have started hundreds of plants in FFOF, and they usually adapt right to it and get very fast starts in that very rich soil.
Thanks @Emilya for the advice. I will trade a look at your article asap. There are about six drainage holes around the bottom of each cup. Maybe I ought to out a little more next time.

Welcome @670grow
Glad you've joined us to enjoy the ride with you and as experimental as you note, you still want to get the best yield possible.
Your suppprt system is in place now so use it to your fullest advantage. After all no harm in pulling 3zips instead of one;)
:thumb::Namaste:
Very true @WankirA. Its awesome the amount of insight and knowledge I've gained this past two days. With the quality feedback I've been getting, I'm sure I'll have this indoor grow down pretty quick. Thanks everyone! Peace and one love to all!!

Not much to do if the soil is too hot, but how often are you watering and are there holes at the bottom of the cups?

Hey Al, with both of my grows I've used FFO, for seedings to flower, never had a problem with it. At first, over watering and over nute's are the only problems I created myself.
Something else is going on here. I'm following emilya',s watering program now and the pH she suggested and all is fine.

:welcome: to :420: 670 :passitleft:...Wasssup :high-five: Ya buddy those are the marks I have on my clones if the leaves rest against the humidity dome...way too much water/moisture.

About that PH level :hmmmm: I believe right on the front of the bag of FFOF it says :thedoubletake: wait for it :thedoubletake: 6.3 to 6.8 PH :dude-knocking: FFOF is formulated like a natural organic soil, it has garden lime or limestone dust to buffer soil PH (And it's a good calcium source)...I use my PH pen about as often as I use my BIC pen...they both have dust on them :rofl: It is a good habit to check your PH at the source once in a while :hmmmm: but unless I'm having problems I don't usually check it every time...Just my 2 cents :snowboating::goodluck:

:welcome: to :420: 670 :passitleft:...Wasssup :high-five: Ya buddy those are the marks I have on my clones if the leaves rest against the humidity dome...way too much water/moisture.

About that PH level :hmmmm: I believe right on the front of the bag of FFOF it says :thedoubletake: wait for it :thedoubletake: 6.3 to 6.8 PH :dude-knocking: FFOF is formulated like a natural organic soil, it has garden lime or limestone dust to buffer soil PH (And it's a good calcium source)...I use my PH pen about as often as I use my BIC pen...they both have dust on them :rofl: It is a good habit to check your PH at the source once in a while :hmmmm: but unless I'm having problems I don't usually check it every time...Just my 2 cents :snowboating::goodluck:
Mocha, I just stumbled upon your ISO-wax thread. I’m going to try it next weekend. Dabs take my pain away. Good ish, thank you. I’ll try not to F it up.

Back
Top Bottom