whats your opinion??

Personally I'd have to agree with the lack of appitite and insomnia. I too can get somewhat iritable when i don't get my pot, but not nearly as bad as cigerttes. The study said that even though the symptoms of each withdrawal were in different catagorys they had a simlar overall intensity.
I want to know why each person was using heavy amounts of mj. I think anyone using it for a pain related reason or to deal with stress and anxiety will experience heightend levels of stress and anxiety, or pain. The increased stress, anxiety, or pain will likely make the person more aggitated and irretable, causing the appearence of withdrawl symptoms.

When I can't get herb, I have terrible withdraws. Personally it pales in comparison to tobacco or others. Mine may be 70/30 mental to physical, but I am an ogre without it. I get terrible headaches without it too. I can't understand how people can just stop smoking and say that it wasn't any effort at all.

This is just my personal experience. Careful with the excess on anything.

Keep smokin!

I think a lot is mental. I understand that there must be some physical symptoms, but seeing as I know what it's like to go without a cigarette, I wouldn't notice mild physical withdraw symptoms from Cannabis.

Took the words right outta my mouth.

The easiest way to determine when withdrawal symptoms are abating, is when normal dream function (REM) returns, often on the 3rd or 4th night after cessation. These dreams can be vivid, intense, and often in full colour.
Again, these symptoms are directly related to your use rate, and history of medication, and may be disguised by other prescribed medications, particularly CNS depressants such as the benzodiazepenes.

Wow. It's obviously a very personal thing. It seems like each person has their own unique experience with ranging from nothing to intense withdrawal. Interesting...

I have smoked, off and on, for 30 years. However, most of that time has been off. I have gone months, and even years, at a time between encounters with Mary Jane. I have never had problems with withdrawal.

he speaks truth!lol i was locked up for a week and the whole time in jail all i did was get angry sweat nervoulsy and jsut generally be a douche bag wishin I had herb. after the firs four days i got over it but going in there knowing i was done soemking for a long time wasa btich.. but theres deffinately a weird feelign when you dont have weed for a couple of days. for me at least, does this mean i smoke too much?..hmm..nahhhh thats ridiculous!:bongrip:

I can tell you for a fact that when you cease marijuana after prolonged periods of medication, there IS a physical withdrawal.
Initially you will have elevated blood pressure, faster pulse, sweats, insomnia and agitation. These symptoms settle down after 3 days. If you are in doubt about this, talk to any detox nurse and they will confirm this.
The withdrawal is an adjustment by the body to not having cannabis - it is not a withdrawal like the opiates, but it is a withdrawal nevertheless.

I smoked alot when I got out of the millitary for about a year before I got this job in Iraq. I get vacations every 4 months so I can smoke and relax. I've never really had any withdrawl from not smoking the herb. It's alot harder trying to quit smoking cigs then to go without bud in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom