When do outdoor plants start to flower?

So outdoor growing is highly dependent on summer and autumn solstice. The longest and shortest days of the year. Theoretically you'd put your plants, already about a week or two from profiting, into either the ground, or a big 10+gal bucket and place it outside on may 21. The longest day of the year.

From here on, your plants will be in veg and grow as they will be getting lots of lights and not more than let's just say 10 hours of darkness. This will continue until about end of august when your plants should already be in the 3-4 foot range. You'll notice that the days are getting shorter, and pretty soon, the nights WILL consists of 12 hours of darkness. THAT my friend if when an outdoor plants knows to go into flower. So now we have mid aug, sept and part of oct until it's harvest time.

The beauty of these things is that since space bore light more electricity is an issue, these plants can grow to their dnas desire. Producing pounds on average.

Anyone correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks for all the advice guys :) Now I just have one more question. My brother has a violater kush plant that he started back in April and its starting to flower. He was wondering If it was ok to flower it indoors under an hps light even though he started it outdoors and is already starting to bud.

Should be fine. Most people actually plant their seeds and keep them under lighting indoors a few weeks before 5/21 so that the plant will already be about 4-6" by the time it goes outside.

There was that one time that I put a clone into flower as soon as I was positive it had roots. Here's how she came our. Just harvested Saturday.

6EKUJCh.jpg

8cMREco.jpg

So outdoor growing is highly dependent on summer and autumn solstice. The longest and shortest days of the year. Theoretically you'd put your plants, already about a week or two from profiting, into either the ground, or a big 10+gal bucket and place it outside on may 21. The longest day of the year.

From here on, your plants will be in veg and grow as they will be getting lots of lights and not more than let's just say 10 hours of darkness. You'll notice that the days are getting shorter, and pretty soon, the nights WILL consists of 12 hours of darkness. Anyone correct me if I'm wrong.

Probably just typos- but obviously there is no such thing as autumn solstice.
Summer solstice is around June 21 -not in May. I live fairly far up north so at that time we have 24 hour light- around 3am being a bit dimmer sort of twilight before the sun pops up again.

Normally I would want to get my plants in way earlier than that.

Autumn equinox (12/12 lighting roughly for most of the planet) is around Sept 21. This is spring equinox for the Southern Hemisphere.

Winter Soltice is around Christmas - the shortest day and pretty much solid darkness where I am :(

Probably just typos- but obviously there is no such thing as autumn solstice.
Summer solstice is around June 21 -not in May. I live fairly far up north so at that time we have 24 hour light- around 3am being a bit dimmer sort of twilight before the sun pops up again.

Normally I would want to get my plants in way earlier than that.

Autumn equinox (12/12 lighting roughly for most of the planet) is around Sept 21. This is spring equinox for the Southern Hemisphere.

Winter Soltice is around Christmas - the shortest day and pretty much solid darkness where I am :(
Who's I was way off, no typo here. Why do I have the date 5/21 in my head for some reason? I did mean spring solstice though. And yeah I knew autumn solstice wasn't correct but I couldn't think of the right word

Outdoor plants (proper varieties) start flowering when daylight drops below 15 hrs. Usually it's something about 14,5. The more down south you go (nearer to equator) the faster they bloom.

Outdoor plants (proper varieties) start flowering when daylight drops below 15 hrs. Usually it's something about 14,5. The more down south you go (nearer to equator) the faster they bloom.

I have an opportunity to have a dep grow next year and am so excited. I'll be able to add/subtract light yet not have to worry about space constraints like with indoor

Sun dep growing is what I do all the time. The quality achieved that way is probably the best I've tried so far.

Indica dominated genes have to become sexually mature before they flower. That varies, but it is like 4-6 weeks. After that when the lighting starts to decrease in the day they will flower.

If you take a clone outside (already sexually mature) it will start to flower as soon as the light photo period reaches the level that makes that strain flower (14-12 hours of light per day). I have never grown WW so I am not sure what it's specific requirements are.

If you plant a seed in May or June of an Indica dominate strain you are usually good to go. You will get a reasonably sized plant and it will not flower early.

With Sativa dominate strains they take longer and are not photo period sensitive. A typical Sativa in it's natural setting spends all it's life in the tropics, where there are no photo period seasons. The plant receives the same amount of light it's entire life (generally 12-12 on the equator).

It seems to me, that depending on where you live, you are likely to get bugs on your plants when planted outdoors. Not sure who pulls this off without bugs, but I would like to know.

My friend grew 11 plants outdoors last year and he didn't have any issues with bugs, and he didn't use any kind of pesticides or organic pest control, but the best thing to use in my opinion is sevin dust or neem oil.

Just try to understand that flowering under sun on an artificial photoperiod is very special, but it's also kinda easy. You just need to go below 14 hrs of light, keep it constantly and you're gonna finish without any problems. If you have heat spikes durimg the summer be careful with watering though, cause you really want to stay on top of things and prevent any problems especially in early veg. How many plants are we talking?

Just try to understand that flowering under sun on an artificial photoperiod is very special, but it's also kinda easy. You just need to go below 14 hrs of light, keep it constantly and you're gonna finish without any problems. If you have heat spikes durimg the summer be careful with watering though, cause you really want to stay on top of things and prevent any problems especially in early veg. How many plants are we talking?

That's part of my concern. I've only grown indoor, and while this will be my full time job, I don't know where to start and don't want to bite off more than I can chew or not plant enough. Just to throw a number out there....50 or so?

Ok then you need to set three priorities straight. Temperature control, RH control and soil moisture. I don't know what your setup is, but I guess you're getting greenhouse ready. 50 plants are nothing, but if you are not careful you can tank your crop, so attention is required. Make sure that you don't dry them or overheat them, so ventillation is crucial. Misting with water on a regular basis is necessary if it goes under 45% daily. If you get 90s or 100s in the shadow already, then think about shading until you know they're coping with the heat. Measure sun temps on the top of the canopy too to see how much they're really have to go against. And most importantly get a STRONG and RELIABLE strain for the first grow. There's not enough talking about how important that really is.

hey Pal Im Growing Ww also i Started them On Feb 14th its july 12th plants are big i was wondering when should i expect them to stART FLOWERING? i got one in the ground shes a beauty and one in a 5gallon pot. im in saskatchewan canada.. thanks

Back
Top Bottom