Is indoors more potent than outdoors?

Phillybonker

Lets say everything is the same - same grower, same strain, same clones taken from the same mother plant, but one plant was grown outdoors and one identical plant was grown indoors. Would the indoor grown buds be more potent than the outdoor grown buds? Lets say the outdoor plant got enough water and nutrients and 6 hours sunlight per day.

Well? Did you just throw down? I'd love to see a journal on this with sampling vs lab testing at the end. Cheers

If all things are equal and both have the same conditions and the same amount of hours sun. I would say the outdoors will be better. You just cannot match the sun for a plant that has been growing in the sun likely before humans walked the earth. There is absolutely no arguement that will convince me anything man made will come close to the sun. It's just not going to happen. The only way outdoor will win is if you have a perfect season which just doesn't happen. Ever. Nature throws curve balls for sure which is why being able to control your environment gives indoor the edge almost always. I think a greenhouse sitting under the African sun would edge both indoor and outdoor. Personally you cannot beat the flavour of organically sun grown buds with indoor buds. I also believe organic buds both indoor and out have a better flavour and terp profile.

G'day @Lerugged and everyone. For the last couple years I've been using a home made hoop tunnel greenhouse. Also hooked up to an automatic watering system. It keeps the plants dry if you're having a rainy week. This summer I'm going to start a journal 2 Sour Diesel, trained in Manifold, started late to keep them small, and blackout plastic over the hoop tunnel 2 weeks before natural flowering starts.

I ran the same strain from cuts last summer indoors and out. The outdoor is better tastier and stronger. Oh and the yields yeah bonus!

That's a strain that ive been running a while too.

I cloned a Blue Dream and LSD for outdoor last year from my tent grow and I preferred the outdoor over the tent grown stuff. The plants outside I think get frostier looking then my indoor gals but I didn’t have any added UV light to the tent. I also revegged a Glookies fro tent to outdoors and got the same overall results in taste/flavour with this strain

I think the real question is which provides the optimal grow environment and with what frequency can that optimal grow environment be repeated. To answer the question if clones from the same plant experienced the identical environments, they would for all practical purposes be the the same environment and end up with identical results.

The consistent argument for indoor grow is I can guarantee every aspect of the environment to a T. 18 hour of sunlight to the minute under what ever PAR I choose or can afford. I can maintain RH and temperature within what preset sensor range I desire. I can keep a clean room to mitigate bugs, constant air flow and exchanges to mitigate mildew. In theory if my tent is big enough (i.e. commercial grow warehouses) I can grow as high or big as I want. Obviously some or this is unrealistic, price prohibitive and silly but you get the point.

Outdoor, is cheap. No equipment, a seed, some fertilizer. Maybe water if it doesn't rain? Sunlight takes care of light and if if your season is long enough and you start in spring, you should hopefully finish by fall.

I would contest indoor growing has a higher propensity to provide more optimal and most importantly repeatable conditions. Can you get amazing results outside? Absolutely, but for every grow that has just the right amount of rain and light and no bugs and doesn't get too cold, but not too warm..... I feel like you'll have 9 that don't hit that mark.

Back
Top Bottom