When the smell goes after curing

solareclipse

hello...I am here again.some times when curing my harvest some buds keeps the smell they have too strong.some other lose their smel untill u touch it and crop it pieces.
is there any tips how to keep this perfcet smell.usually the taste is always there but not the smell.
hope there is a trcik to keep the smell.

hello...I am here again.some times when curing my harvest some buds keeps the smell they have too strong.some other lose their smel untill u touch it and crop it pieces.
is there any tips how to keep this perfcet smell.usually the taste is always there but not the smell.
hope there is a trcik to keep the smell.
I have asked the same on several other threads to see if there was a trick. I wash my buds and asked if that decreases the smell/taste. Most people said no. Truthfully, I have not gotten anything definitive and I think it depends on the strain. There are ways to screw up the cure and add a funky/hay taste (too much chlorophyll remaining) but "lack of smell" is hard to identify the cause. During the cure the smell should improve. Not much help, unfortunately, but what I have learned so far (not much!).

I have asked the same on several other threads to see if there was a trick. I wash my buds and asked if that decreases the smell/taste. Most people said no. Truthfully, I have not gotten anything definitive and I think it depends on the strain. There are ways to screw up the cure and add a funky/hay taste (too much chlorophyll remaining) but "lack of smell" is hard to identify the cause. During the cure the smell should improve. Not much help, unfortunately, but what I have learned so far (not much!).
I THINK most of it is getting the right dry before you start the cure. Too dry and it wont smell as much as if you leave a nice bit of sticky ickyness. On the other hand if you start curing too early while its wet and you'll get that chlorophyll smell and tast you just touched on

I THINK most of it is getting the right dry before you start the cure. Too dry and it wont smell as much as if you leave a nice bit of sticky ickyness. On the other hand if you start curing too early while its wet and you'll get that chlorophyll smell and tast you just touched on
Too wet and it will get mold and you lose it all. Too dry and it tastes like hay....

I am still searching for the strain that is stank after 1, 6, 12 months in a jar,....

Too wet and it will get mold and you lose it all. Too dry and it tastes like hay....

I am still searching for the strain that is stank after 1, 6, 12 months in a jar,....
Yer of course too wet you get mould but I meant there is that delicate balance still where its wet enough to start cure.

Yer of course too wet you get mould but I meant there is that delicate balance still where its wet enough to start cure.
The range for proper cure is 60-65%.

What I meant is that even if you perfectly harvest, dried and cured....diff strains will smell very different in the end.

Still looking for a trick to keep that just harvested smell...

The range for proper cure is 60-65%.

What I meant is that even if you perfectly harvest, dried and cured....diff strains will smell very different in the end.

Still looking for a trick to keep that just harvested smell...
Ahhh ok I see what ya saying about naturally stanky weed

Ahhh ok I see what ya saying about naturally stanky weed
I give samples to a friend of mine who (buys) and smokes up to 4 diff strains a month...he constantly says "looks great, great high...but where is the flavor/taste?!"....I've heard this from 3-4 strains I gave him. Drives me insane...

I thought washing the buds was the culprit, but I put out a query on a major thread and mostly everyone said no...they actually thought it helped flavor/taste.

So yeah, I think there is a strain out there that keeps stank after all the drying/curing process.

I give samples to a friend of mine who (buys) and smokes up to 4 diff strains a month...he constantly says "looks great, great high...but where is the flavor/taste?!"....I've heard this from 3-4 strains I gave him. Drives me insane...

I thought washing the buds was the culprit, but I put out a query on a major thread and mostly everyone said no...they actually thought it helped flavor/taste.

So yeah, I think there is a strain out there that keeps stank after all the drying/curing process.
Hmmmm i dunno. Ive never washed em so I cant tell ya. I can see what people say about it not washing away thc due to it being so oil based but maybe it reacts differently with the terpenes? Do a test of the same strain yaself. One half washed one half not?

Van Stank has already done the half way/half not and preferred the washed...

It's hard to see the shite in the bucket after washing and think that was going in your body: pollen, hair, dust, bugs, etc.

Check out the first bucket...they all started with clean spring water....this was from 2x medium size autos...

I've noticed the following order with my process:
Smells great at harvest time.
Harvest and hang to dry and it turns to a hay smell.
Slow cure & burp Jar for the cure and it try to keep it around 62 and the good notes of smell are picked back up.
2-3 months the smell changes again. My OGK went from sweet to a grapefruit...
I don't wash buds, yet....

I've noticed the following order with my process:
Smells great at harvest time.
Harvest and hang to dry and it turns to a hay smell.
Slow cure & burp Jar for the cure and it try to keep it around 62 and the good notes of smell are picked back up.
2-3 months the smell changes again. My OGK went from sweet to a grapefruit...
I don't wash buds, yet....
Mine smell great all the way to jarring....they still have a smell after curing, but def diminished and not enhanced. There is def an art to it and I am questing the proper method....

I lightly sprayed mine to get bits of soil off but I would want to be careful not to wash off the resin. Though it should be sticky enough to stay on there, right? I can see perhaps there might be other stuff on the buds you might not want to smoke, like pollen or little bugs. Mostly the buds look ok - sometimes some cat hair though since I am growing outside in a small space and my dam kitty sheds like the dickens, gotta watch for stray hairs :)

Oh yeah... my harvest is done. I jarred all buds after about a week hang dry outside. I pulled my last ones inside last night since its been raining.

Been sampling some early maturing buds. So nice! It smells like a cross between hash and grapefruit, and smoooth. No harshness, and a light relaxing high. Smoke more, get more high! I prefer this more than dabbing or the super THC strains that hit like a ton of bricks. Homegrown is the best!

Can't wait for growing next year. I think I have enough to last until then, haven't weighed any of it, maybe 2 ounces? Kept the shake and hope to cook it in oil to make some happy cookies or magic spaghetti sauce :)

Try the low and slow method. Low and Slow

While you may not be able to get it all in the fridge, get what you can in there. I typically have to jar my buds after just 3-4 days because of climate here, but in fridge, can delay it for up to three weeks and end result is far and away more tasty and flavor-full buds.

Zafu

Back
Top Bottom