When to transplant and how many times.. In door 4x4 600 w. mh

cannadabler

I have three clones that where ten days old and then put into 4 inch solo cups for 4 more days and doing good. How soon should i transplant in to a bigger pot... I have one gal. Pots and five gal. Pots...should i transplant in to the one gal. Pots first for a while and then in to the fives or should i skip the one gal.s and just put them into the five gallon pots???

I don't know about the 1 gal vs 5 gal, I've heard some say going straight to 5 gal is better, but I don't know.

I repotted too late, they were already root bound, no big harm done, lesson learned.

If you look at the grow journal in my link, you'll see the size of the plants and pots that I started with. The 3 gallon pots were done almost 2 weeks after the 1st 3 pics.

I've been told that transplant causes trama for the plant, mine did fine, and I'll be going from 3 to 5 or 7 soon.

I was a bit surprised at how much root growth I had, you can see the plants started at about 5 to 6" and were replanted at about 9 to 10" They are now up to 16" and it's been almost a week since the 3 gallon pots.

You have to look at the growth rate, but sooner is probably better... a 4" solo cup isn't going to last long, maybe 1 week because you started with clones, my 1st 3 pics in the grow journal are of my clones.

Yea i think i will thank you.. i didnt know the guy was going to put them in solo cups with soil before he gave them to me so i went out and got one gallon pots and some happy frog soil.. lol ill save them for next time.

Transplant as little as possible to avoid unnecessary stress. You shouldn't lose any plants by over-transplanting, but you might be adding a few days of recovery time to your grow. Just make sure to keep a small plant adequately watered in a large pot because the root zone will dry out quicker.

I pop my seeds in party cups. I leave them in there for about a month. Then, I put them into 1 gallon pots. It gives them more dirt, more nutes, more room for roots. They seem to grow bigger quicker with more dirt. I leave them in the 1 gallons pots till they are ready to go into veg. By now, I have sexed them and killed off the males. No sense in repotting until you know they are female.

Then, I put them into 3 gallon pots and put them into veg. I like three gallons pots and they are the largest pot that will fit into my veg box. I am also a patient with limited plant count (15). So, I can have 5 in seed/clone ..... 5 in veg .... and 5 in flower.

Then, when it's time to put them into flower. I repot them into 7 gallon pots. (the biggest that fit into my flower box). If you'd like to see my set up, look at my grow journals. The 2nd grow journal is the most recent setup and is more like what I am talking about here.

for an indoor grow u want seeds or clones straight into the pots u will flower in. theres no need to repot in a 3month grow cycle. I get huge yields of quality bud and i transplant clones straight to 5 gal pots, veg 2 weeks, 3 absolute max. vegging months indoor is pointless IMO, u may aswell grow out doors. Roots will develop excellently in large container if u lok after plants correctly and allow dry periods.

there are lots of ways to do it and im not saying anyone elses way is bad. but im averaging 5oz per plant of quality bud with 2 weeks veg and no transplants with a turn around of 10-11weeks.

Back
Top Bottom