Where do you keep your bloombox?

iamnumber1

What up everyone, I seriously considering purchasing a bloombox from bc. I know a number of you own them, please share your ideas about where you keep yours. I'm really big on the notion that the least number of people who know about my tomato garden the better! I live alone and besides my girlfriend nobody really visits me. I do stay in an one bed room apt and the bb is to large to fit in my bedroom so i'm thinking I can keep it out in my living room. I'm thinking of getting like a privacy/dressing screens to stash it away in the corner of the room. I guess how inconspicious will this look considering the noise? One other thing I guess i could keep it covered if sombody comes over. My landlord never comes and when they do they give me notice, i have a dog. Long story short do you think I can keep it out in plain view without too much inquiry?

Re: Where do you keep your bloombox???

The noise factor is an issue. It's way louder than a pc fan which is what BC tries to say. If you cover it you will need to make sure you don't block the intake and exhaust fans.

yeah i wondered about the whole noise thing today and asked my "BC" guru about that and he assured me it's no louder than a PC. I asked him if it was louder than a refrigirator or freezer or valcum cleaner...but never got a solid answer. So Ms. Fox which one is it closest to in the noise dept.? Is it too loud to have a conversation around?

Nah, you could watch tv with it. It creates a sort of white noise. Actually very relaxing. I used to have it in my bedroom, and it helped me sleep. ;-) I had to move it though, because I couldn't hear what was going on in the rest of the house. That was in an enclosed smaller room. I'm assuming your living room is larger than a bedroom, so the noise won't be enclosed.

yeah my living room is about 2x the sixe of my bedroom. White noise is good. Can you hear the water moving or just fans? Also i know it depends on the strand you are growing but what is the smell like at its worst during flowering. Thanks for the feed back, great grow journal by the way, you helped me pull the trigger!

You can hear dripping from the net pots when the system is going through the watering schedule. Smell is not to bad at all as long as you have the carbon filter. Probably still noticeable to a non smoker. ;-) No problem at all! Don't be afraid to pm me if you need any help when you get it and starter up. ;-)

I Had mine in the living room,and really had no problem with noise,but even with ac on Heat was more of a problem,then I talked to someone who had theirs in the basement,and what a difference that made, also I would recomend leaving door open during light cycle and run a fan over plants to keep heat down and help with humiditiy. hope this helps. Peace

Back
Top Bottom