On your mark, get set, grow grow grow!

iamnumber1

Well it looks like we are off! I have been waiting on all the stars to align themselves to shove off on my first grow. I'm had the dough, so I dropped on the Bloombox from bcnl, what can I say I'm not a DIY kinda guy. I did alot of research online before I made my purchase from bcnl and for the most part I am really pleased with what I got. I made sure I ordered close to the shipping date so it got here pretty fast. My biggest BEEF with them has been the fact that that they screwed up my order...I ordered the Bloombox royale with cheese (top shelf nutes, trimeter, and trimmer, that I held off on), but they only sent me like only 2/3rds of my shit and I had to go back and forth with my new best friend Jordan(trust I don't believe it was his fault but he did have to sit on the other end of my bitch sessions...Jordan if you are out there, don't forget my hoodie and tshirt (XXL). It took like another 2 weeks to really get all my shit and they still haven't sent my TDS pen. But aside from all the human fuckups the machine itself is pretty sound.
change.jpg

Come on brother give us the fucking "kind" of change we know you like!!!!! I love this fucking picture.

On 9/5/09 I popped 12 LA Confidential and one unknown seed I had been saving from some fire. I brought back the LA Con. from the dam and have been sitting on them since the CC back in 2006 (Best year ever for the Cup by the way) I had them in the freezer and wondered if they would even come up...out of the 12 I had 5 to make it.
young_life.jpg

9/16/09 first night in their new home!
new_home1.jpg

I finally decided to share my experince. At first my paranoia kept me from sharing which is why I did not start this journal until today. Also this is my first grow and just i case i run in to any trouble with my grow I m sure there is enough experince on 420 to get me and my girls out of the ditch.

Okay so here we are making progress on 9/24/09
the_nest1.jpg

At this point I was still hand watering...the res is not even filled. I was really scared of over watering and BCNL does not give the best instructions during this point in the plants life, they do mention how you should hand water and then they mention something like water from the bottom with a "mild" grow solution what ever that is. Like I said it got a bit fuzzy but like I said for $5100.00 I worried the shit out of my Grow Guru Jordan @ BCNL.

shake_and_bake.jpg
Here we are on 9/28/09, they are really starting to shake and bake. I did not think I would need to attach the carbon filter until we reached the flowering stage but boy was I wrong...I came home from a day at the salt mines and if I didn't know any better I would have thought there was a skunk under my bed...not the case, it was just my stinky little ladies. And see if you can pick out the unknown strand in the bunch(hint:front and center) what is his problem? He is going to be a problem I bet. Look I said he...hope not if so he will have to go because all the others are ladies for sure.

oh_yeah.jpg
Here we are we should be up to speed by now these are from 10/1 and today. As you can see I had to move the freek to the back.
nice7.jpg
Anybody got any experince with LA Confidential grown in a Bloombox? If so Im trying to decide how long Im going to veg them DNA says 6 weeks is ideal but not too practical even thought I think she maxes out at about 4 ft. Also I'm having trouble with a rising PH level every time I adjust it, it starts its climb right back up like within several hours. And BCNL sold me this trimeter but still can't tell me how it is supposed to be mounted in the box and still recieve power. There is no place to plug it up inside the box.

Well that's where I am right now guys...please chime in with thoughts, comments and defintely suggestions. In particular any ideas on height to flower and my fluctuating PH. I'll be posting regularly to keep folks up to speed with the progress. :thanks:

Hey Buddy,I got a bloom box to,and I'm on my 2nd grow,so maybe I can help. I started to flower at 6 to 8 inches, about 2 or 3 weeks veg time,if u have a tall strain they will more then likely grow into top of box and this can be a pain in the ass so I had to start bending plants early,they will grow like crazy the first few weeks in flowering, I found when i started seeds after they had some roots i put them in bigger rockwool and the black containers to hand water , I did nutes at 1/3 with 3 gallion water in container and turned on air stones,but not auto feed, just dip bottoms of them in mixing bucket to make roots grow out of bottom, when roots are growing good and start searching for water i stopped hand feeding,and turned on auto feed,the PH seems to change most of the time,all I do is try to top off container with ph balanced water, so far this seems to work just fine,but I only top off about mid week.If you would like to ask me anything else ,I will try to help ,for I was in the same boat when I got mine, Hope this helped. Oz:Rasta:

Hey Buddy,I got a bloom box to,and I'm on my 2nd grow,so maybe I can help. I started to flower at 6 to 8 inches, about 2 or 3 weeks veg time,if u have a tall strain they will more then likely grow into top of box and this can be a pain in the ass so I had to start bending plants early,they will grow like crazy the first few weeks in flowering, I found when i started seeds after they had some roots i put them in bigger rockwool and the black containers to hand water , I did nutes at 1/3 with 3 gallion water in container and turned on air stones,but not auto feed, just dip bottoms of them in mixing bucket to make roots grow out of bottom, when roots are growing good and start searching for water i stopped hand feeding,and turned on auto feed,the PH seems to change most of the time,all I do is try to top off container with ph balanced water, so far this seems to work just fine,but I only top off about mid week.If you would like to ask me anything else ,I will try to help ,for I was in the same boat when I got mine, Hope this helped. Oz:Rasta:

Thank you Brother,
what strand did you start with 1 & 2nd time? And what type of yield did you have? did you use clones the second go around? Sorry for the machine gun question assault. And don't worry I will hit you up if I get in a pinch.

1st time was bag seed,heat really hurt me, these boxes get very hot in summer,moved to basement ,things are getting better,2nd grow White Satin from Mandala ,what a different,7 females out of 10 reg seeds,and 2 skunk,good seed stock makes life easier. I have not cloned yet,1st grow I don't want to even talk about,no smoke ,just junk,2nd grow is into 5th week of a 9 week flower,and it looks great,I have learned alot from 1st grow,and I just started a new one so I can keep it growing,its AK-47 and this may be a small problem because of the height,so I may only Veg for 2 weeks,depends on how tall and fast they grow,I do want to clone AK,so that should be interesting,I have talked to bcnl and sometimes got 2 different answers for one question so lets just say that the best thing to do is get a few opinions and pick the one that you feel will do best,I can not stess enough to do a lot of reading up on the subject,there is so much out there it's crazy. good luck and if there is anything else i can help with ,please let me know,and yes they screwed my order up a few times,but they made it right,and they seem to be good people. Peace:cool:

about the trimeter,it might fit in the flower side where u run the cords for the T 5 lights,since veg is only 3 to 4 weeks i would just use hand held PH meter,flower side i think is more important,anyway let me know what u think of the trimeter,i am thinking of getting one.Peace

about the trimeter,it might fit in the flower side where u run the cords for the T 5 lights,since veg is only 3 to 4 weeks i would just use hand held PH meter,flower side i think is more important,anyway let me know what u think of the trimeter,i am thinking of getting one.Peace

I looked for space where th t5's are but it's not large enough, but good idea. Right now I'm still all on the veg side, but aside from the freak, my tallest plant is about 4.5'' so it looks like I will be moving soon. The trimeter works great but I have to unplu it each time I close the box. I think I will mount it on the flower side using a little mounting tape and again I'll have to unplug it everytime I close the box.

What is up with the wrinkles?

wrinkles.jpg

I noticed this leaf today...its the only one, however I did notice a little more on a couple of other plants at the very base of the leaf. Any ideas?

Hey iamnumber1,

Looks to me like it might be a potassium def. I am new so take that with a grain of salt. Looking good though.

Is it just that one leaf? If so I wouldn't freak out... If more start to do so check out the pest and disease pictorial on this site... But like I said I wouldn't worry

I had 1 or 2 leaves do that, and I let it grow and everything is alright

Typically, twisting and deformation of leaves can be related to pH issues, however, in this case, a few more pictures and some additional info would allow us to investigate your concerns more thoroughly. Although we haven't heard from you in a minute...

Is this grow still alive?

If so, please update us.

We'll move this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!:grinjoint:

Naw dude, the grow is alive and very well sorry about the time off I got a bit weirded out by my photos not showing up in my original post with Obama...I thought it was a sign to step back. I'll post more later.

Is this grow still alive?
If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo

gallery tutorial
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom