Which LED?

FourTwoZer0

420 Member
I'm looking to find out which is the better product. The setup will be 4lx2wx6h. Considering 2 to 4 plants, but will most likely go for 2 to 3 plants.
Viparspectra Par600 $224
- Compares to traditional 600 watt HPS/MH while consuming only 285 watts

Phlizon 1200w $129.99
- It can replace 800W HPS/MH while consuming only 240 watt

What I am willing spend at most ($250)
I'm looking for the better quality product within my price range and space to grow. Not really looking to spend another $100 or $200 for the viparspectra par700 or 1200w. Because according to the specs par700 doesn't increase recommended coverage compared to par600. Also the 1200w is better, but $140 dollars more.

Not worried about overheating because i will have proper ventilation.

Open to other light recommendations

I cant give you an open opinion for the two in comparison but on the philozon itself is somewhat decent an for your size tent I would imagine to be good I run mine in a 4×4×6 an they have done decent under it I've been wanting to add another 1000watt led so I would have at least 550 true watts pulled but your tent is half the size in square footage so as long as you have proper ventilation an fans you'll be alright way I see it is with the price being that you can get yourself a good line up of nutrients with the other 80$ you were willing to spend on the light

What I am willing spend at most ($250)
Open to other light recommendations

This is not a strong recommendation, per se, because I have not used them (yet ;) ), but Mars-Hydro just introduced a new product line, their SP series. They currently have two models, the SP150 and SP200. The latter is in your price range ($225.99 MSRP), and their product page states that it is adequate for a 2'x4' space. The company just ran a "tester contest" here, perhaps you have seen the thread? The SP150 is cheaper ($138.99 MSRP), but only lists a 2'x2' coverage area. Two might perform well in your tent, but the total would be $27.98 over your budget. Oops, I forgot the quantity discount; two would only be $16.98 over your budget. And that's before you apply any kind of "forum discount" or the like, and you might be able to get some kind of discount code if you ask their forum representative nicely. So you may be able to get two SP150 with your budget (IDK).

Again, I have not tried these things, (but they interest me enough that I am likely to do so real soon). They're VERY new products, so much so that they were recently only taking pre-orders, although that looks to have changed. These are not the "blurple" type that many of their products are - they seem more like the Samsung quantum board products, and I expect them to perform similarly to those.

I mention these products for two reasons. First, as mentioned, they interest me. Second, Mars-Hydro is one of our forum sponsors. That means several things, not least of which is that, however much it costs to keep this forum in operation (which is a not inconsiderable sum, as they say), this company has been paying a chunk of those expenses for years, and it's nice when companies who help keep the lights on around here (so to speak) can derive some benefit from doing so. Their rep is an active participant here, which can be helpful after the sale, as well as before. Speaking of which... I am usually hesitant to suggest to a company representative that they enter a general discussion (as opposed to something specifically about their products), but I will do so in this case, because I have seen her offer information without being obnoxious about it, lol. @SmokeSara , can you recommend one - or more - of your products that would be adequate for an area of 2'x4' (60.96cm x 121.92cm) and also fit within FourTwoZer0's budget?

I cant give you an open opinion for the two in comparison but on the philozon itself is somewhat decent an for your size tent I would imagine to be good I run mine in a 4×4×6 an they have done decent under it I've been wanting to add another 1000watt led so I would have at least 550 true watts pulled but your tent is half the size in square footage so as long as you have proper ventilation an fans you'll be alright way I see it is with the price being that you can get yourself a good line up of nutrients with the other 80$ you were willing to spend on the light

Okay thanks. it does sound nice to save $80, but i feel it might be too weak to produce the amount i would like.

This is not a strong recommendation, per se, because I have not used them (yet ;) ), but Mars-Hydro just introduced a new product line, their SP series. They currently have two models, the SP150 and SP200. The latter is in your price range ($225.99 MSRP), and their product page states that it is adequate for a 2'x4' space. The company just ran a "tester contest" here, perhaps you have seen the thread? The SP150 is cheaper ($138.99 MSRP), but only lists a 2'x2' coverage area. Two might perform well in your tent, but the total would be $27.98 over your budget. Oops, I forgot the quantity discount; two would only be $16.98 over your budget. And that's before you apply any kind of "forum discount" or the like, and you might be able to get some kind of discount code if you ask their forum representative nicely. So you may be able to get two SP150 with your budget (IDK).

Again, I have not tried these things, (but they interest me enough that I am likely to do so real soon). They're VERY new products, so much so that they were recently only taking pre-orders, although that looks to have changed. These are not the "blurple" type that many of their products are - they seem more like the Samsung quantum board products, and I expect them to perform similarly to those.

I mention these products for two reasons. First, as mentioned, they interest me. Second, Mars-Hydro is one of our forum sponsors. That means several things, not least of which is that, however much it costs to keep this forum in operation (which is a not inconsiderable sum, as they say), this company has been paying a chunk of those expenses for years, and it's nice when companies who help keep the lights on around here (so to speak) can derive some benefit from doing so. Their rep is an active participant here, which can be helpful after the sale, as well as before. Speaking of which... I am usually hesitant to suggest to a company representative that they enter a general discussion (as opposed to something specifically about their products), but I will do so in this case, because I have seen her offer information without being obnoxious about it, lol. @SmokeSara , can you recommend one - or more - of your products that would be adequate for an area of 2'x4' (60.96cm x 121.92cm) and also fit within FourTwoZer0's budget?

Yes, i went over the thread now. Seems it hasn't started, but now i am interested in 2 sp150s. i will contact @SmokeSara thanks for the heads up. I will keep in mind of the forum sponsors when i make my final decisions. I am just trying to figure out what setups would be recommended from previous experience.

i will be updating my new considerations

edit*
Am i not able to edit the first post after a certain amount of time?

New list (specs were copied & pasted)
2x SP150 ($138.99ea)
  • Coverage: 2'X2'
  • Max Yield: 1.8g/watt
  • PPFD: 387 µmol/m²s
  • Replace HID/MH: 250w
  • Draw Power: 134W + - 5%@AC120V 138.9W + - 5%@AC240V

2x Viparspectra DS350 350W ($79.99ea)
-Compares to traditional 250W HPS/MH while consuming only136 watts! Perfect for a 2x2’ vegetative coverage at 24” while 1.5x1.5’ flowering coverage at 18”.

2x Phlizon Newest 1200W ($129.99)
- It can replace 800W HPS/MH while consuming only 240 watt. Best hang height at 24",Core Coverage area at 48"*48"(4*4ft). Maximum coverage area at 86"*86"(7.2*7.2ft)

1x SP200 ($225.99)
  • Coverage: 2'X4'
  • Max Yield: 2g/watt
  • PPFD: 448-550 µmol/m²s
  • Replace HID/MH: 255w-355w
  • Draw Power: 196W + - 5%@AC120V 191W + - 5%@AC240V

1x Viparspectra par600 ($224.00)
  • Compares to traditional 600 watt HPS/MH while consuming only 285 watts! Perfect for a 3x3’ vegetative coverage at 34” while 2.5x2.5’ flowering coverage at 26”.

1x Phlizon Newest 1200W ($129.99ea)
- (Same as above)

What do you guys think i should consider?
How well does the new SP150/200 perform during the flowering stage?

now i am interested in 2 sp150s. i will contact @SmokeSara thanks for the heads up. I will keep in mind of the forum sponsors when i make my final decisions.

Thanks. We do have other sponsors, too, of course. I was just more familiar with that one and knew that the company had just released some new lights, so I thought to mention it by name.

I am just trying to figure out what setups would be recommended from previous experience.

The area of your tent isn't large, but at twice the width as the depth, you might give extra consideration to any option that allows you to run two light products, since most LED panels seem to be designed to throw a square light footprint (or nearly so). That's if the overall output is still comparable, of course. But even with a mild gross power advantage to a single-product solution, you could still end up with a net gain by going with two panels, because that'd make it less likely that a portion of the light energy end up concentrated on two opposing walls, plants near the other two opposing walls are insufficiently illuminated, or possibly both.

It'd really be nice if you could swing two of the SP200s, lol.

Hi FourTwoZer0, thanks for the interest, and thank you @TorturedSoul for recommending me here. :D
So for the 2x4 space, usually they will just choose one of the SP- 200; Now the tester get it and feel it is strong and during early of veg, it can even work in a 4x4 space, so should be fine for the 2x4 space during flowering. And this light is new tech, so even it has only 200w, it will be produce the same result as 280w traditional blurple led grow lights, so it will save you real energy in the long run;
If you order the SP-200, using discount code: MarsSp can save you 10% now for only 202.5USD/pc; while if you choose two of the SP 150, it will be a little bit too much, but if you can control the temperature, air flow well, it will give you better growing result. And two of them will be 240USD to use the discount code: MarsSp to save 10%;
The 10% discount will be end until tomorrow. And if you are hurry for growng, you can pay some extra to ship from China directly, shipping difference cost will not be too much, might within 30USD at most.
Below is some feedback pictures and videos from other platforms, haha.
1546563545547.png

1546563575494.png

1546563610061.png

My current main tent is running a mars epistar 320. That tent is a 4x4. It works well.

I am running (2) vipraspectra 300 HP's (136 watt draw ea.) In my 2.5 x 2.5. They work for flowering in that size but i would want more wattage in a 2 x 4.

My advice Is don't cut corners on lights which ever way you go. Go with a proven manufacturer. There are many more that fall in that category. The Amazon lights are not great by any stretch.

You want high efficiency, dimmable lights that evenly light your space. At the correct intensity "PAR" for the age of the plants. A Migro 200 would be the right size.

I know you say you are capped at $250 but I think that you would be happier with a Quantum 260 XL. It's laid out so that each panel would be directly above each plant in a 2X4 with it's 35" long heat sink.

My current main tent is running a mars epistar 320. That tent is a 4x4. It works well.

I am running (2) vipraspectra 300 HP's (136 watt draw ea.) In my 2.5 x 2.5. They work for flowering in that size but i would want more wattage in a 2 x 4.

My advice Is don't cut corners on lights which ever way you go. Go with a proven manufacturer. There are many more that fall in that category. The Amazon lights are not great by any stretch.
Hi Sam, you have an very right insight! :thumb:

Please have a look at Our Sponsors.

It's thanks to like-minded companies like these that 420 Magazine remains a free source of news and information. Please support our mission by supporting them.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom