Which would you choose?

Homebrew420

420 Member
I've been out of the game for a while and wondered if someone can help?
I used to use a 600w hps/mh in a 3' x 3' tent For my grows, now LED looks to be the way forward.

This time I'm going.g with a 4' x 4' tent

After some research with price a consideration, I had settled on a Phlizon FD6000 plus (640w) for £285

Since then i have spoken a friend (he has no idea of my plans) and says he has some brand new LED grow lights he just wants to get rid of, originally about £500 worth.
He wants £200.

The lights he has are x2 spider farmer SF2000 (200w and each are suitable for 2' x 4') LED lamps.

Obviously electricity is a factor but also want high a yield.

Out of the 2 options, which would you go for all things considered?

Thanks 🙂

Link to phlizon

Link to Spider Farmer

Welcome to 420 @Homebrew420 :ciao:

Seems that you've done your research and found the ideal lamp you want, but you've been distracted by a cheaper option, which is rarely a smart move
The SFs will do fine, but the thought of second hand lamps on the cheap would niggle me, forever wondering if I could have done better
On that basis I'd go for the FD, even if you only run it at 75% most of the time

Thanks Roy.
I do like the frame size of the Phlizon, the way it covers almost all of the tent foot print. I know the SF lights have not been used at all as I know the guys situation (always wanted to do it but in rented accommodation). Considering that, I thought this would be the "premium" option over the Phlizon?
I was just concerned I'm missing a trick by passing up on the SF ones, but if you think the Phlizon is a better choice then I stand corrected 👍 thank you

you'll find you like the extra watt the phlizon carries. since they are one of the forums sponsors make sure to look into a board discount.

Thanks bluter, that's good to know. I have used the site discount too 🙂
Just gone for the ac infinity 844 tent to go with it as I was disappointed with light leakage on my last tent, however I do plan on building a small room (barely much bigger than the tent itself) with wood and celotex for insulation.. I'll just have to hinge the sides for access.

Thanks bluter, that's good to know. I have used the site discount too 🙂
Just gone for the ac infinity 844 tent to go with it as I was disappointed with light leakage on my last tent, however I do plan on building a small room (barely much bigger than the tent itself) with wood and celotex for insulation.. I'll just have to hinge the sides for access.

i've built grow cabs and closets before as well. almost prefer them over a tent.

I enjoyed the Samsung 301b so I have to say the spider farmer light, just had bad luck with the 281b in two different lights
My only issue with spider farm, users report drops in led light output regularly. There already used, so expectations would be super low! Who wouldn't want a new light with a warranty from any of our sponsors!? So many great deals

Back
Top Bottom