White Widow Fem Grow Advice Anyone?

Just popped my seed with tap roots facing down in some coco loco about an hour ago. Used a spray bottle to wet the soil so it don’t get compressed. Will update once they sprout. They are in my tent under a 250 watt led actual wattage is 87. The lights hanging 36 above the seedlings. Temps around 73f and humidity is around 33% will be back later

I have a quartz heater in a section of my unheated basement used for growing. Between the grow lights and heater running, I am not looking forward to seeing my next electric bill.
Aha fair enough, all you have to do is just turn off lights and use less energy around the rest of your house

I have a problem though, im doing 18 hours on and 6 hours off for my lgith; although i have drama at 3 and not back till 5

I just planted my germinated seeds last nigth and turned the light on at 10 and im supposed to turn it off at 4 pm

Should I leave it on an extra hour or turn it off an hour before? ( The seeds havn't broke soil yet)

Also since i can't find my heater OR my heated soil seedling matt, I moved the light down way closer to the seeds for heat because i needed heat; I don't know if it produces much but its a mars hydro 300W

So i need to figure out if i should leave the light on for an extra hour or if I turn it off before
Also I need to figure otu a solution to the heating ( I think the heat is why it hasn't broke soil it's room temp in my room and I have it in the closet so I hope the light provides some heat)

I’m in the lower 48 so I don’t quite know when the seeds will be coming in I’ll update it once I get the tracking number.

I bought the KindSoil off Amazon along with the coco loco.
The theory behind KindSoil is that you fill up the bottom potion of ur pot with KindSoil and fill the rest with a different potting mix they recommend coco loco. There for when your plant is very young it will live off the coco loco and once it gets going and roots start digging deeper they find a vital food source waiting for them. So when the plant wants to just drink they have clean water at the top/ medium part of the pot and when they are “hungry” the roots can dig deeper into the food source. Seems legit and they’re plenty of YouTube video that show some grows using it. Ima try that and hope for the best. Honestly kinda the same method your doing just in a pot and already premade.

As for germination I will be following the steps on the crop kings website only because if less than 80% germinate then they send you a new batch free.

I seen a decent looking greenhouse on the Walmart website that people can see through so deciding if that will be the best route. I would love to try the method you have going on. I love the whole idea of a nutrition pile down where mature roots may reach.
Hey BarstowSmoker,
Not sure if I missed it but how many plants do you plan on doing? I’ve got the same tent and just finished 2 Crop King White Widow grows. They both had 4 3gallon smart pots in them. That’s the max I could fit with saucers for drainage. Currently running 3 Dark Angels in 5 gallon pots and it’s tight with the saucers pressing up against each other. Let me know if you happen to find anything that fits better and feel free to reach out if you need a hand. Good Luck ;)

Aha fair enough, all you have to do is just turn off lights and use less energy around the rest of your house

I have a problem though, im doing 18 hours on and 6 hours off for my lgith; although i have drama at 3 and not back till 5

I just planted my germinated seeds last nigth and turned the light on at 10 and im supposed to turn it off at 4 pm

Should I leave it on an extra hour or turn it off an hour before? ( The seeds havn't broke soil yet)

Also since i can't find my heater OR my heated soil seedling matt, I moved the light down way closer to the seeds for heat because i needed heat; I don't know if it produces much but its a mars hydro 300W

So i need to figure out if i should leave the light on for an extra hour or if I turn it off before
Also I need to figure otu a solution to the heating ( I think the heat is why it hasn't broke soil it's room temp in my room and I have it in the closet so I hope the light provides some heat)
I would leave it on and then pick up a timer. I got some good ones at Home Depot for $8.00.

Hey BarstowSmoker,
Not sure if I missed it but how many plants do you plan on doing? I’ve got the same tent and just finished 2 Crop King White Widow grows. They both had 4 3gallon smart pots in them. That’s the max I could fit with saucers for drainage. Currently running 3 Dark Angels in 5 gallon pots and it’s tight with the saucers pressing up against each other. Let me know if you happen to find anything that fits better and feel free to reach out if you need a hand. Good Luck ;)

Yea I will be running only 2 WW in 5 gal pots hoping to get max amount of veg. Was going to do three but also noticed how cramped it will be so I think im going to stick to the two and have room to place an oscillating fan down there later. I will let you know how everything goes tho seeds just got put in some solo cups 5 hours ago

I would leave it on and then pick up a timer. I got some good ones at Home Depot for $8.00.
Drama was only till 4 today so it was fine;
How do I upload/embed photos on this site? The Plants are in darkness right now But I turn the lights back on at 10 so in a good 3 hours and I would like to upload some photos from my closet grow to you guys

I'm hopefully expecting a sprout in the next couple of days
Also I do have a timer my dad said but it's filled with all our christmas stuff in the garage so i'll have to go do some digging around in there or my dad told me to go buy a new one;
So i'll probs end up doing that tomorrow if I can

I' vegging all my plants ( Only growing 10 atm, have 15 seeds left over) Im going to keep a mother plant and clone it and try to harvest the rest;
How bad does white widow dank; with a fan, s ome incense and essential oils diffusers runnign all the time and a window open could I ventilate the room or will I need a carbon filter?
I don't knwo how i'll hook a vent into the closet with out ruining a wall or the door; I can't drill holes into this house So I'd have to ventilate my room instead of just the closet I think

Drama was only till 4 today so it was fine;
How do I upload/embed photos on this site? The Plants are in darkness right now But I turn the lights back on at 10 so in a good 3 hours and I would like to upload some photos from my closet grow to you guys

I'm hopefully expecting a sprout in the next couple of days
Also I do have a timer my dad said but it's filled with all our christmas stuff in the garage so i'll have to go do some digging around in there or my dad told me to go buy a new one;
So i'll probs end up doing that tomorrow if I can

I' vegging all my plants ( Only growing 10 atm, have 15 seeds left over) Im going to keep a mother plant and clone it and try to harvest the rest;
How bad does white widow dank; with a fan, s ome incense and essential oils diffusers runnign all the time and a window open could I ventilate the room or will I need a carbon filter?
I don't knwo how i'll hook a vent into the closet with out ruining a wall or the door; I can't drill holes into this house So I'd have to ventilate my room instead of just the closet I think
White widow will have a pretty heavy smell, even after a few weeks of veg. I can’t always smell it but my wife will let me know lol. You’ll run into this issue with most strains out there. You’re going to need a carbon filter and fan. If you don’t want to cut any holes in your closet you can run the fan and filter in there if you can hang it up and leave it open a crack for ventilation. If you can’t fit it in the closet leave it as close to the door as possible, sucking air out of it into the filter.

White widow will have a pretty heavy smell, even after a few weeks of veg. I can’t always smell it but my wife will let me know lol. You’ll run into this issue with most strains out there. You’re going to need a carbon filter and fan. If you don’t want to cut any holes in your closet you can run the fan and filter in there if you can hang it up and leave it open a crack for ventilation. If you can’t fit it in the closet leave it as close to the door as possible, sucking air out of it into the filter.
I think next paycheck im just going to buy a grow tent and ventilation system, hook that tent up in my closet if i can and ventilate it in there through the tent

I'm just abit eagerd/worried about them sprouting, i hope by tomorrow or the next day i see sprout

I have a question though, Should I put a small bowl of water in their for humidity?

I've been using a spray bottle to keep the pots moist then spraying all over the room but i think that is wrong personally;
How can i keep humidity up in the closet another fear of mine is over watering

I think next paycheck im just going to buy a grow tent and ventilation system, hook that tent up in my closet if i can and ventilate it in there through the tent

I'm just abit eagerd/worried about them sprouting, i hope by tomorrow or the next day i see sprout

I have a question though, Should I put a small bowl of water in their for humidity?

I've been using a spray bottle to keep the pots moist then spraying all over the room but i think that is wrong personally;
How can i keep humidity up in the closet another fear of mine is over watering
I'd liek to post a pic of my green room im just not sure how to on this

I just found out my grow room is at 63F or 17 Degrees celsius; (The thermostat reads 73F, ) I just put the Thermostat to 78F And Put the EM on (emergency heat) So I hope the room will grow more
Also i planted the germinated seed is 18 hrs on 6 hours off good for the seed to sprout and to vegetate?

Yes those are perfect hours for seedling/veg. Honestly a cool water humidifier could work they are fairly cheap. I just don’t think the bowl will work cause your led won’t be putting off enough heat to turn it into moisture. Then again maby I’m wrong. I’m happy to hear you got your first sprout. I’m on 24 hours no sprout and I think I messed up one on accident lol I put the seed taproot down and didn’t cover it good enough so when I watered it with the spray bottle I didn’t realize it wasn’t all the way covered till today I picked up the solo cups to look at them and seen the top of the seed chilling on the surface. I put a lil more soil on it to hopefully recover the mistake. I’ll keep you updated

Yes those are perfect hours for seedling/veg. Honestly a cool water humidifier could work they are fairly cheap. I just don’t think the bowl will work cause your led won’t be putting off enough heat to turn it into moisture. Then again maby I’m wrong. I’m happy to hear you got your first sprout. I’m on 24 hours no sprout and I think I messed up one on accident lol I put the seed taproot down and didn’t cover it good enough so when I watered it with the spray bottle I didn’t realize it wasn’t all the way covered till today I picked up the solo cups to look at them and seen the top of the seed chilling on the surface. I put a lil more soil on it to hopefully recover the mistake. I’ll keep you updated
Sounds good thanks Barstow; also honestly the seed should be fine even on top but the same thing Happend to me when I watered it for the first time, I just put more soil on top just a tiny bit tho and I now use a spray bottle, Just be careful not to over water it and when watering not to drenching as it will move the seed; I think I wateredbit more then necessary but I honestly think it's still totally fine and I just spray the top of the soil to keep it moist and allow for the seeds to have soft dirt on top to spread through (i mixed my potting would with some premium grow mix from a tomatoes grow starter kit lmao

I also look forward to staying up to date with your grow
Wish you the best and happy growing to you mate

This is My setup, what do you think?
Also, I had a small weed or something growing in the corner you can see it in the one picture, I wasnt sure what it was but i ended up picking it out of the soil; I hope its okay
Also They started to sprout a tiny bit and i can see roots in some of the other ones starting; I hope soil is loose enough for them to go through but im sure its fine
Also, it looked like some were upside down? But im not sure and im sure it's just going to grow up so im fine i think

Anywyas what do yall think, also this is my first grow

They look fine even if they are a lil upside down they usually strighten them selfs out pretty soon.

I just got mine to sprout. Now time is of the essence.
True, I just got off work, I turned my light on and now their aall looking like their all sprouting so the next couple days they'll be pretty good

Now Im gone on wednesday nextweek (The 18th April till the 21st) so im gonna need to get my brother or dad to take care of them, I just hope they dont fuck it up; My dad will be fine it's my brother i hope who doesn't

I'm fucking keen though

Back
Top Bottom