White Widow Update

RagnarLothbrok

First of all I will add some photos, I don't have my laptop anymore and its sorta time consuming with the phone.

If you remember me I was just starting my first grow on white widow and in my other threads or my profile you can see my photos of them when they first started off.

With the help of everyone in this forum(Thanks very much!) They have grown extrodinary in size( from the initial start of the seedlings) and are coming close to flower.

I've been Veging them for well over 70 days now, I'm in week 11 of veg and been doing research online I guess alot of people say only veg for about a month while I have for a good 2 1/2 months

I don't think there is anything wrong with that but again this is my first grow, I can see their starting to get flowers or atleast the pistils growing and are starting to smell.
I went from the 18/6 to 16/8 after having messed up on the schedule 1 weekend.

Anyways I'm just wondering on your guyses opinions, I was going to veg for this last week(it is currently monday) and give it some nitro and phosphorous fertilizer tomorrow and Wednesday then flush out with water all the way to the Sunday, then either that Sunday or next Monday (a week from now) switch over to the 12/12 cycle

Anyone think anything is wrong with this? And again I'll post some photos in a few once I figure it out on my phone just wondering about thoughts.

Also my one buddy has a male plant(forgot strain name will get it) and on was going to pollinate a branch or maybe an entire plant to produce seeds and potential new strain

Thoughts and helpful advice anyone?

I did have a video but It doesn't have allowed extension it says

I just transferred my plants from the small ass pot to the bigger ones a couple days ago, I think that's why their not super big butbther still decent, the other ones are runts but those 4 are good
Also I don't know what the problem is with the plant in the back, I thought it was light deficiency but I don't think that's the case and its the only plant that has that

Tell me what you guys think

I did have a video but It doesn't have allowed extension it says

I just transferred my plants from the small ass pot to the bigger ones a couple days ago, I think that's why their not super big butbther still decent, the other ones are runts but those 4 are good
Also I don't know what the problem is with the plant in the back, I thought it was light deficiency but I don't think that's the case and its the only plant that has that

Tell me what you guys think
You really have been vegging these for 70 days?
What are you doing wrong?
They should be much bigger then they are now.
What nutes are you running and at what strength are you feeding them?
Please post some more pics without the led's so we can see the leaves.

You really have been vegging these for 70 days?
What are you doing wrong?
They should be much bigger then they are now.
What nutes are you running and at what strength are you feeding them?
Please post some more pics without the led's so we can see the leaves.
Will do when I get home, and the thing I did wrong was keep them in those tiny pots for 68 days, I never switched to a bigger pot because I planned on planting outside but things changed and I needed to put them in those pots, they were in their original starter pots for 68 days before I transplanted them

Will do when I get home, and the thing I did wrong was keep them in those tiny pots for 68 days, I never switched to a bigger pot because I planned on planting outside but things changed and I needed to put them in those pots, they were in their original starter pots for 68 days before I transplanted them
Yeah.They became root bound and since the roots had nowhere to go it stunted the growth of the plants.
I don't know if they'll recover after you replant them.
Next time try vegging them for about 30 days then switch to 12/12.
Remember that your plants will get two to three times more growth after you switch to 12/12 so there really is no reason to veg them for as long as you did.

This is my first grow, it's all been a learning experience in the the first couple weeks I should have transplanted them, a mistake I will not make again
But I'm pretty sure that's why their smaller because roots didn't have enough room to grow bigger

Should I throw them in flower? 12/12 cycle?
I read that they can double or even triple in size but I'm just thinking because it's already to naturally, I can flush out the plant then throw it on 12/12 or I could just flush out as I do the 12/12?
What do you think?

Yeah.They became root bound and since the roots had nowhere to go it stunted the growth of the plants.
I don't know if they'll recover after you replant them.
Remember that your plants will get two to three times more growth after you switch to 12/12 so there really is no reason to veg them for as long as you did.
Yeah man I totally agree, I only did because I planned on moving them outaide and I couldn't find a spot and I Ended up screwing myself over, but like I said it is a learning experience for me first grow; thanks for the tips

Should I spark it into a 12/12 cycle right now? They've been in the pots for about 4 days and they've bee doing good except for the one Idk why it's losing colour

Yeah man I totally agree, I only did because I planned on moving them outaide and I couldn't find a spot and I Ended up screwing myself over, but like I said it is a learning experience for me first grow; thanks for the tips

Should I spark it into a 12/12 cycle right now? They've been in the pots for about 4 days and they've bee doing good except for the one Idk why it's losing colour
I would put them on 12/12 now.

You only veg for 30 days? Is this kinda the standard? I will be posting a grow journal sometime today, after the girls wake up. I fear I may be in for a rude awakening. Ive got some that have been in veg for about 70 days, they are mostly now in 5 gallon pots, one was transplanted this past weekend (finally) into into a 10 gallon fabric pot (its been the weakest plant I've allowed to stay since I kinda have the room. I just ordered my second light yesterday, and the plan is as soon as it's up, the next day the remaining plants will go in 25 gallon fabric post, and a couple weeks later flip. After you said they will grow 3x more, now I'm worried about room. These girls are already taking up 25% of my room (7x7) and adding the new light and transplant they will be in 50% with decent spacing. So HOLY SHIT! I have 5 of these like this (+ 1 little boy who might get to breed, might) plus another 13 coming up. 6 of those 13 are WW autos, and another 4 are WW that are very good size for their age, the last 4 are a Blue Nirvana strain. As a disclaimer, the original 5 that have been in veg for now 10 weeks were slightly stunted, but really exploded after transplant.

I hate to highjack this thread, but I think we are very simular on this, and possibly the same information applies.

You only veg for 30 days? Is this kinda the standard? I will be posting a grow journal sometime today, after the girls wake up. I fear I may be in for a rude awakening. Ive got some that have been in veg for about 70 days, they are mostly now in 5 gallon pots, one was transplanted this past weekend (finally) into into a 10 gallon fabric pot (its been the weakest plant I've allowed to stay since I kinda have the room. I just ordered my second light yesterday, and the plan is as soon as it's up, the next day the remaining plants will go in 25 gallon fabric post, and a couple weeks later flip. After you said they will grow 3x more, now I'm worried about room. These girls are already taking up 25% of my room (7x7) and adding the new light and transplant they will be in 50% with decent spacing. So HOLY SHIT! I have 5 of these like this (+ 1 little boy who might get to breed, might) plus another 13 coming up. 6 of those 13 are WW autos, and another 4 are WW that are very good size for their age, the last 4 are a Blue Nirvana strain. As a disclaimer, the original 5 that have been in veg for now 10 weeks were slightly stunted, but really exploded after transplant.

I hate to highjack this thread, but I think we are very simular on this, and possibly the same information applies.
Yo it's all good farm420, I really liked reading what you had to say, and I agree, I have WW fem (Still have 10 seeds, I grew 10, 1 died, I have 1 to my brother a couple days ago after transplant and gave him 5 seeds, i have 10 seeds left)
I just am germinating another seed now because I feel like I can get a betterbplant going then what I have now that I have some more experience

Also I stunted the growth by veging 68 days in a small biodegradable pot but it made the transplanting easy,
And I feel like when I do go into the 12/12 cycle they'll grow a fuck ton
I just don't have bloom fertilizer closest thing I have is a 7:kiss:0 which isn't very good at all but it's better then the 20:bigblush:8

I worry about the discoloration of the one plant, also the potential yield of them, if I potted them into these pots soonerbi think I would have been fine

But it's all a learning experience, this is my first grow you see

I'd love to keep comparing notes n shit, I turned my light on at 7 am this morning so I think im gonna give it 24 hours of light then at 7 am tomorrow morning turn it off till 7 pm and keep it on a 12/12 cycle

Last night I turned off a midnight so it had 7 hours of darkness
They sleep beautiful though not gonna lie Aha
I have small runts that I doubt will produce anything you can see them in the one picture their still in their starter pots, I m8ght kill them off or just throw them outside somewhere and just see what happens

I cut one of them and put it in water seeing if it might grow bigger but it was already goingbtindie theirbtoo small so I figured what the hell

I also have a leaf triming(just leaf and stem no nodes) and put that in a water bottle, it's actually producing roots now but Idk if it will grow another node for a clone or not

Farm420, when are you going to put yours into flower if they've been veging for 70 days, got any pictures? Yours are going to be well bigger than mine

1 of the pics didn't load in but here are them without and with the LED
Here is a website that will help you with any problems that you have.
It also tells you the right things to do for a successful grow.
Grow Weed Easy - Learn How to Grow Cannabis with Simple Tutorials

Im on my first grow as well. made lots of mistakes, still am. Just transplanted one WW this morning, and it was pretty much root bound, but absolutely gorgeous root system. Ill do the other 4 this afternoon and try to take pics. One of your plants looks really really nice, I bet it explodes. Im not sure I would flip them yet, another member here said give it 10 days after transplant to start flowering them. I am sure giving them that 60 days in tiny pots stunted them, but from my experience in ag, they will likely catch up very fast, any you may not even tell a difference given time. I should have done a few clones along the way, but I wanted to know the plants a little better. Planning to do some cloning this weekend. If all goes well, I'm ordering a 10x10 and 2 more lights for forth of july. Its my way of celebrating freedom n shit, lol.

Here is a website that will help you with any problems that you have.
It also tells you the right things to do for a successful grow.
Grow Weed Easy - Learn How to Grow Cannabis with Simple Tutorials

I have used this a few times, and it generally was a great help. But man, I'm so busy sometimes referencing things I just don't make time for. I really need to do this more often. I did my due diligance upfront, this is a pretty good investment for me. Doing ok so far, learning and enjoying it. Don't think I have done anything detrimental, short of killing about 60 seeds (ph'd really high alkaline water [koi pond]) by doing germ the wrong way. As of my last germ, I'm at 65% (6/10 nice seedlings and 1 I just found still alive but never sprouted, I put it on life support).

Sorry for all the brackets, I'm well medicated right now, and my thoughts run together, lol

Back
Top Bottom