White Widow

I agree. My White Widow smelled very lemony fresh when I ground some up in the grinder. And yes also a skunky undertone when smoking it. Nice buzz, good in the daytime too.

Here's mine....Easy plant to grow, very noob friendly and forgiving.....Some of the tastiest powerful bud I've ever smoked and it get's rave reviews from friends and family:)

20150603_111831.jpg
20150531_180957.jpg
20150509_134815.jpg

I got the seeds here: Marijuana seeds from Amsterdam - Marijuana Seed Shop

Sweet looking jar! WW is a great strain for me. I'm getting much better at cloning via a 1 gal aeroponic bucket.

I tested the outdoor batch of my infamous White Widow which I grew from female seeds I made last year.
Only two days off the plant and me and my GF were krushed. I can't wait to give it a little cure.,,mmmm

It almost smells like fruit cake

I grew two plants to create more seeds, but I haven't seen any yet.

Still the best I have smoked since my growing started.

It's all about the genetics. 90% of the grow

the other 10% is up to the grower to grow a decent plant no matter what method.

Just germinated 7 WW seeds from CK's seeds. I'll be starting a grow journal soon so keep your eyes peeled.
I will be using FF light warrior soil for seedlings in solo cups under a 2' T5 for the 1st 2 weeks at which point I fully expect
the Girls to be ready for their 1st and only transplant into FF OF with 20% perlite mixed in and planted in to 3 gal pots.
After transplant the girls will go under the 2x4 T 5 for at least 3 more weeks and then they go under a 1000w MH on a 18 6
light schedule to prevent shock from the more intense light for a week. After that they will go under a 1000w HPS at 12/12 and should be ready for harvest in 8 weeks. At least that's my plan.

I absolutely love vegging under T 5's, they really make the plant grow a really good root base and keep the nodes REALLY tight. Most of the time I have to trim big Fan leaves so air can get through the plant which in turn will help produce more colas.

Grew 2 WW's out doors last year. They got over 5' tall even after super cropping. Pulled em after 6.5 weeks into flower(due to a white fly outbreak) and is some of the best smoke I've ever had. All my friends that try it say the same. Pulled 14 o's out of them.

«it's called evolution .. Each seed will be slighly different from the other.. Sometimes a small batch will have extreme diffferences.. Same soil same lights same temperature.. thats why you try several select the best and clone from there... Its called survival of the fittest..
PS excuse my light sarcasm...LOL

Thats my ww with about 5 weeks to go. Grown in high brix soil with doc buds kit. She started under 400w mh then to 400 hps and now shes under 900w mars ll led. Comments welcome :)
Oh, got the seeds from mjseedscanada and shes a pretty nice pheno :)
Looks great.. Next pics shut off the LED's and shhot under white florescent or tungsten light with the apropriate white balance...Whanna see accurate greens on the foliage.

20151221_084122.jpg
20151221_084100.jpg
Crop king Seeds White Widow. Been vegging about 3 weeks flowering next week on the 28th. Does anyone know where Crop King gets there White Widow from?

still the best I have smoked so far.
I have grown about 35 strains and nothing is like the freak pheno WW I have.

Two grows ago I grew out a 20th generation WW clone of clone
It was probably as good as the mom, the best I have grown so far.
High Brix too so it is really good smoke.
Last grow was from seeds I made with a 9th generation WW clone and it is just as good.

I must repeat I truly believe this strain is like the legends I read about where some guy brings a clone across the pond to the netherlands.

if of the 35 strains I have grown they were at least a good quality (A), some very good (AA) some very very good(AAA);
then the Widow is AAA+++

still the best I have smoked so far.

Forgive me if I have asked before (I seem to remember doing so, lol - but I do not remember the answer), but what breeder did the WW that you are growing come from?

Forgive me if I have asked before (I seem to remember doing so, lol - but I do not remember the answer), but what breeder did the WW that you are growing come from?

it was a Dutch Passion freebie from the Tude.

I bought two since it was so exceptional, they were both very good AA, but not the same as the original freebie.

Fortunately my pal keeps her going. He just keeps taking the top and cloning her 20 generations now, over 5 years. So he technically has no specific mother spawning all these gems I have grown.

it was a Dutch Passion

I was hoping that you'd "say" that it came from Seedsman. I used to have a sativa-leaning White Widow that I liked (and a couple of people really liked). I can't remember the breeder. I'd like to grow the strain again. Everyone I know is getting older and... more decrepit, lol, and it had some favorable qualities. But my budget is nonexistent, and I recently saw that Seedsman non-feminized White Widow seeds were 10 for $17.15 at a sponsor's website (I think his feminized version was around 3 for $12 and 5 for $20). IIRC, he's an "economy" breeder, kind of like Nirvana (except Seedsman might not cross every strain he gets his hands on with either Skunk #1 or his Indica? IDK...) - but I seem to remember reading several years ago that he had originally gotten a pretty good cut of WW. I don't really remember exactly. And I do not recall whether his was supposed to be more sativa- or indica-leaning. And I have never grown his version of White Widow (unless he sold seeds under the nom de plume of "Jock" from Europe back in the early to mid '90s, lol). I might possibly be able to afford $17.15 before... IDK, Thanksgiving, maybe.

I'm hoping to find a quality version. I'd prefer something like 60% sativa / 40% indica. But as I'm looking for a strain that would be good for anxiety and depression with some pain relieving characteristics, the percentage of sativa genetics could be higher. Then again, my brother has spinal stenosis, one of his shoulders dislocates iif he raises his hand wrong (and the other isn't much better), has some pretty significant nerve damage along with the more "minor" chronic/daily pain from an extremely severe automobile accident 44 years ago, and his depression stems largely from the constant pain affecting his life waking and sleeping, along with the realization that he isn't likely to be able to work much longer (and his doctor recently having told him that he is at severe risk for a heart attack - but I don't suppose cannabis is a wonder-cure for that particular issue)... if it had a higher percentage of indica in it - even significantly so - I am sure that it would not go unused (or unappreciated :rolleyes3 ).

BtW, I happened to notice your .SIG. Did you spend any time in Vietnam? I had an uncle (RiP) who was over there - and who was in the Army - from, IDK, maybe midway through (our part in) the conflict to the end. Several uncles, actually (sadly, all deceased - the last just this month), but he was the only one that I know was in the army. In any event, I would like to thank you for your service.

TS

If you read the article about the history of White Widow on Seedsman website they mention Dutch Passion and Nirvana being the only guys that got packs of seeds from Shantibaba

Never made it to Nam. I was going to get drafted so I enlisted. Half my class from boot camp and AIT went though.

If you read the article about the history of White Widow on Seedsman

I have, but it has been a long time (and I was probably high).

website they mention Dutch Passion and Nirvana being the only guys that got packs of seeds from Shantibaba

A lot of those guys used to work together. Seems like the relationships are kind of convoluted - reminds me of a bunch of strippers passing their boyfriends back and forth. Many breeders bought (and continue to buy) other breeders' strains in seed form, which means they ended up breeding from F₁s of the strains. At other times, some of them managed to get clones off one or more of the actual parent stock. This was probably more likely back before Scott (Shantibabba) opened his own seedbank, but I suppose that there is still some degree of cooperation among various groups/combinations of people today. But those statements are meant in the general sense, not in regards to any one specific strain.

Here and there a breeder gets busted, p!sses off a partner (which probably explains why Greenhouse only seems to sell feminized seeds these days, lol?), or for other reasons ends up losing one or more parent plants. I've read about that happening for a couple breeder's white widow parents, and that this has caused them to have to "recreate" their version of the strain by way of other breeder's seeds(!). But I do not remember which breeders that applies to - which means that I don't know which breeders are still selling the same version of white widow that they sold as recently as 2005, let alone years before that. Those waters are murky, and I am kind of crispy around the edges anyway.

I have heard that Mr. Nice's (Shantibaba's) Black Widow is the version that was originally sold at Greenhouse back before everyone got mad and took their ball and went home (so to speak). But I was thinking that Mr. Nice was one of the breeders that I had heard lost some parent stock (I don't really know, though) - which really worries me, because I would like to be able to purchase "a few" packs of Nevile's Haze at some point in the future, go on the maddening hunt for "The One," and have at least some hope of succeeding again. And I don't know if Nevile Schoenmakers - who I always considered to be the King of Cannabis, regardless of what that <BLEEP> Arjan Roskam calls himself... after all, Nevile used to live in the Cannabis Castle ;) - is even doing any breeding work again. I heard some time last year that he was having health issues, dealing with hepatitis C (et cetera). Another strain whose parents have been lost, AfaIK. But someone told me, IDK, five or six years ago that the (then) current version was "pretty good." IIRC, the keeper that I used to have took 18 or 20 weeks to flower, so (contrary to seedbank descriptions) at least some "examples that take longer than 16 weeks to flower..." really ARE worth considering, heh. Wish I had spread cuttings of that one far and wide, but no one else (that I knew locally) wanted the hassle of growing it; everyone sure came around at harvest time for some reason, though :rolleyes3 .

I guess the "simple" answer is to hit the lottery and buy a bunch of packs of all the "old-school" (and close to it) breeders' versions of WW and grow them all out, then pick the one(s) that suit me best.

Never made it to Nam.

From everything that I have heard, you didn't miss anything... good.

I was going to get drafted so I enlisted.

Two (IIRC) of my uncles followed that strategy. Didn't work for them. But back then, boot camp would have been a significant step up for all of my family (who chose to enter the service) - getting to eat something every day, not having to walk to the nearest creek for water and then carry it back, and they didn't sleep all that many more to the "bedroom" in the service than my aunts/uncles had to (okay, that last is an exaggeration). Oh yeah, I almost forgot - flush toilets! But... the cost.

Had family members in the army, (brown-water) navy, and air force over there. The least of them was a better man than me. They're all gone now. The one that died earlier this month... Today, Mom recalled the story of when they were little kids. Their neighbor whipped them off his property for picking up apples that were rotting on the ground (at a time when the kids were starving with little or nothing to eat, as per usual). So Mom decided that she was going to sneak back and ride the guy's horse - and took her little brother along. They climbed a tree (being too small to "climb" the horse, I guess) and were going to jump onto the horse's back. Her brother was afraid to jump, so Mom said she'd go first and to jump right after she did. She jumped... and when she landed, the horse took off, so her little brother ended up jumping out of the tree onto the ground, lol. I guess it wasn't the first time he'd ended up getting knocked out tagging along with my mother... Err... Methinks the term "white trash" wouldn't have been one that they would have even heard - something like that sort of loses its relevance when the person living on the other side of the holler (hollow ;) ) is considered to be rich because he owns a radio - and has electricity with which to power it. But... you get the picture. I'm sure that, when they learned that there was a need for people in the service, they weren't thinking about fighting "for their country," or even the relative merits of volunteering before (the rest of them) got drafted - it would have been the chance to eat more often, and to send money home every month.

Just call me the ramblin' man...

Hey guys , this is Cihan from Turkey , I hope everything great for you guys .
anyway i am planning to grow White Widow and that is going to my second experience as a grower , last year i did grow Critical 2 + and i way very satisfied . I have tasted white widow and i fell in love with it. now time to indica strain but i have questions for you guys
I wonder quantity of yields . How much weed have gain you guys ? Thanks

Back
Top Bottom