White Widow

i have had "0" success in cloning, maybe you could give me a suggestion on cloning, i use r4ockwool cubes but have yet got one to take hold, when you do compare taste in the future shoot me a thread

Heres my secret:

Everything you use to cut with must be as clean and as sterile as you can get it. Use a sterile razor blade or very sharp scalpel to make the cut. When taking a selection from the mother plant look for a sturdy unblemished stem with at least one node on it. If you take one with 2 it's okay just cut everything away from the first node up from the bottom. (I rarely take a stem with 2 nodes on it) When removing it from the mother, cut it at a sharp angle to the clone stem, that way their is more surface area for the roots to grow from. Trim off the unnecessary leaves and remove 25% of the leaf tips (they will turn brown and die any way so just cut them) Gently scrape the bottom 3/4 inch of the stems sides with the scalpel/razor. Doing this will encourage roots to sprout from all directions and that is a good thing. Immediately place that cut area of the stem into a solution of root hormone (easy as pie to find) or cutting gel (which is another form of root hormone). place that cutting/clone immediately into the little sponge like cubes, they work great, as I am sure they all pretty much do. If your not familiar with any of them ask the clerk for starter sprouting plugs, for plant clippings, he/she will know what your looking for. Place your finished clipping into a dome pan (or a Costco chicken gimmick, see above) and then repeat. Once you have your desired amount of clones, keep them warm around 77º never more than 81º. Marijuana has been shown to not grow at all above 82º in some strains. It makes sense that because of all the hybrids that many of those genetics have been passed along to our favorites as well. Keep them warm but not hot. Open it up and let them breathe once in a while to refresh the air inside. I use HPS lights for just about everything but research has clearly shown an advantage over HPS with MH or even better still, Florescent. They say the flouro's for veg and clone production are superior to my method of HPS so there you go. I think the Metal Halide's (MH) are superior to the HPS as well and I will be switching to MH immediately. I should have already but my lamps just won't burn out. I'm cheap or poor it doesn't matter, It makes sense to get the most out of your gear, this is a life long journey. Besides by the time my gear burns out their will be some other amazing new thing that is twice the strength of the last. Already they have 1100 watt ballasts that are dimmable to 400 watt. I think if you can afford it, get the flouro's, they are showing great results and they do not generate massive amounts of heat. Big bonus. Keep these girls under light at least 18 hours a day and 6 hours of un interupted darkness. (do not have light leaks an never interrupt the dark cycle) Once your clones are showing their roots it is time to get them into some rich soil of your choosing. Do not over water it and in one week you should have a an exact replica started of the mother plant you took it from. The jury is out on how many times you can reproduce them but 3 is all I do. Hope that helps you man. I learned how to do it from Jorge Cervantes videos lol. Peace.

thank you

Your welcome.
Not much of a secret ha.
Essentially a properly done plant can yield you an incredibly increased percentage of bud. Your actually turning one plant into multiple plants and so on. Enjoy the new excess of bud your going to have. Your gonna love it.

Hate to tell you guys, but neither White Widow sold by Dutch Passion nor Green House or any other vendor selling it as WW has the original F1 genetics. The only one is Shatibaba, who's a part of Mr. Nice now and his White Widow has been renamed Black Widow after he changed the house. If you want a real thing, grab some seeds from Mr. Nice! Just sayin' :)

the white widow marijuana is one of the best marijuana strains i have tried smoking..potency is great, flavor is unique and the high it produces will really make a bang in the head..awesome weed! hoping to grow this kind in the future but still looking for a good local source to buy seeds from..

Nirvana seeds is cheaper. I can't afford the prices some of these seed banks are charging. If you do go with the more expensive seed banks, grow a M on out and collect the pollen for one of the buds on your F plant. I have had awesome service and results from Nirvana seeds Peace.

i grew ww twice, when i was brand new. it was smooth. light tasting. and easy on the lungs. it also was NOT that potent. its not supposed to be. in holland, they often dont like to get bombed, like us usa peeps. i stopped smoking tobacco, near 9 years ago. and the last few months, i am having trouble smoking. kills my lungs. i liked the ww. it was a nice taste. i have three brutal indicas. bc god bud. aurora indica. and dark star. the last being just too potent, so im letting it go....and killer on the lungs. good pics. better yeilds, than i get.

there are so many knock off white widows out there. i have grown from two different banks. both were smooth. both grew well. and both were very vigourous. a real pleasure to grow. beautifull plants. can be a bit tall.... HOWEVER. ...they are not that potent. if you want THE REAL WHITE WIDOW, check out "black widow" from mr nice seeds. its the ORIGIANAL white widow. i have not gotten any, myself. but, if you want to grow real widow, get some of these seeds. i hear you must seach for a good pheno, too. to find "the one".

according to an article I read on seedsman, Nirvana and Dutch Passion got their seeds from Shantibaba when he was with Greenhouse.

I still think mine is a freak pheno. It was from DP as a Tude freebie. I of course ordered some more and they were real good, but no where as good as the freebie.

As much as we put into lights, soil and nutes, I still believe it is all in the strain.

All we can do is try to get the best we can out of a plant. You can use the best of everything, but if the seeds aren't good, you can't get A1 weed.

I give my WW the best I can and it turns out great every time.

I have given clones to a guy that use MG nutes, yuck, but it is still way above anything else he grows.

I gave another to an outdoor grower friend. He asks me a million questions, but rarely follows my advice and his turns out as good as if not better than mine.

He gave me a bud the other day from last summer. To begin with the bag he showed me looked and smelled like old school brown Colombian. It tasted so-so, but it came on fast and strong. I was at a very high level for at least 3 hrs.

I guarantee it would finish in the top few strains at the cup competitions.

mr.nice has the ORIGIANL white widow. they call it black widow. i hear its the real mccoy. i grew some "ww" from somewhere. it grew well, a few different phenoes. all smooth smoke, but not that potent.

Well i hate to sound like a broken record, but I think I got some weird pheno or a miss marked experimental seed.

It is super potent even compared to the same Dutch Passion WW of a different batch, and I have grown Dinafems. Both were real good, but not like the original one from Dutch Passion. Since it was a Tude freebie, who knows exactly what it was. Different looks, smell and taste than anything else I grow.

All I know is the strain I have is top notch. That is why I am going to try to make some fem seeds of it and see what happens.

IMG_20140312_150850.jpg
IMG_20140312_150823.jpg
IMG_20140312_150747.jpg
IMG_20140312_150739.jpg
IMG_20140312_150700.jpg
IMG_20140306_154950.jpg
IMG_20140306_154944.jpg
IMG_20140306_154938.jpg
IMG_20140306_154931.jpg

Thats my ww with about 5 weeks to go. Grown in high brix soil with doc buds kit. She started under 400w mh then to 400 hps and now shes under 900w mars ll led. Comments welcome :)
Oh, got the seeds from mjseedscanada and shes a pretty nice pheno :)

Well I did run 2 with Cotton Candy nute and it turn out very sweet ( I would pass on adding anything to the W.W).Yes, the smell is strong , but the buzz was a body type ( it kept me going all day with No burn out).
I will grow them again . They provided me 3 1/2 oz dried( 3 plants , 3 foot high). A great plant to grow with little care:thumb:
But make sure u give them a few weeks more in flowering ( 8 weeks not enough for flowering ), they will grow thicker. PLus, throw them into 24hr darkness near the end (This will make them juicy and :yummy:)

Cheers
J

Back
Top Bottom