White Widow

Harvested a week ago.

I can see why this a legendary award winning strain.

Very very potent. Long lasting. It almost feels narcotic, like I got a shot or took a pill to get the buzz it gives me.

Lives up to the description on line about "not for inexperienced smokers".

Comparing the OC+ grown to the DynaGrowBloom is hard to tell.
The DGB seem a little lighter pale green and tastes a little more earthy like an old school pot. And the OC+ tastes a little more like fruit cake.
Overall look and health of the plants goes to the OC+.
I can recommend both nutes as winners.
Buzz is equally devastating.

And apparently 4th generation clone of clone doesn't diminish quality at all.

Also found 2 seeds so far from pollinating her with a male Querkle. Can't wait to see how they grow out.

White widow cloning comparison

I visited a friend last month, who is a Mr Green Thumb, but I might rename him the Clone King. I gave him some clones a year ago. He gave me a few back last month, and he gave me the one he used as a mother. He uses soil in 3 inch square pots and the plants get really big in them. I got a couple from him a few months ago that I mentioned a few posts back I consider the best smoke I have had this century.

I started a few more clones and will show a comparison using rockwool cubes vs direct in soil in 16oz see through green plastic cups to observe root development.

This is the mother a year old. Hacked up a lot.
WW2g_clone_mom.jpg

This is a 2 month old clone I got from the Clone King, I have had to top a few times to keep her in check till there is room in the flowering room. She stretches a lot.
WW3g_clone_2ms.jpg

This is in rockwool 18 days old just put in 32oz cup today. I used a rotisserie chicken container for the clones shown several posts back
WW3g_rw_clone_18_days.jpg

This one is direct in soil only 14 days old, it was a little bigger when taken than the others in rockwool, but not that much. You can almost see where she started to stretch. A mix of 50% Promix Organic and 50% MagikMoss, nice and light.
WW3g_org_clone_14_days.jpg

Here is a comparison of the two. Looks like direct in soil is the winner.
WW3g_clones.jpg

This is showing the root development, surprising for 2 weeks.
WW3g_org_clone_roots_14_days.jpg

This is the box I had the green cups in that I had plastic wrap draped over. It was warm and moist in there. Only had to mist them 3 times in 2 weeks.
WW3g_org_clone_14_days_in_box.jpg

It is going to be tough to keep these babys in check till the flowering room is empty.

420ladybud

White Rhino is a strain on my wish list.

I do a lot of post grow blending just to smoke something different, and when I mixed some White Widow with Vanilla Kush (Kashmir x Afg), which is close to WR, I loved it.

Have you grown WR? If so, which seed bank did you get the seeds from?

I am thinking of getting a Greenhouse Seeds multi pack that has WW and WR in it.

P10201161.JPG
P10201182.JPG
Well I have started some 4th generation White Widow clones.

here r some cloves 3rd genaration,from the mother also shown here...:circle-of-love:
I took clones from the plant started Feb in post #1. Grew one out which stated earlier was some of the best smoke around. The other one I gave to a friend. He has since cloned that (2nd gen), then again, and gave 2 (3rd gen) back to me.

they were over a foot tall, but had thrips, ugh. I left them isolated in the garage for 2 weeks. They actually survived with minimal light, were in a paper shopping bag, in a box with a white plastic bag over them. They actually started to show hairs from lack of light.
I sprayed, picked off any leaf that had anything at all suspicious, but still saw signs of them. Just as a back up I cloned them (4th gen) four of them and inspected them with a good loupe and sprayed them also. Seventeen days later I have what appear to be thrip free clones. Only 2 are showing roots so far. So I potted them.

and here they are;
WW_clones_4th_gen_1.jpg

WW_clones_4th_gen_2.jpg

WW_clones_4th_gen_3.jpg

WW_clones_4th_gen_4.jpg

WW_clones_4th_gen_5.jpg

WW_clones_4th_gen_6.jpg

hi

I have widow in 50 days of flower,how many days did it take you till trichomes were well ambered?I am running 1000w light?

this is my secong grow,my first one was not real potent,and the buds were loose and light??

Im thinkn this grow should have much more vigor due to more experience growing/???

vern

Mine went 8 weeks, but it never really turned much amber. They were nice and cloudy which they say is peak, but none of my strains seem to turn amber like I would expect them to.

My northern light went 18 weeks and there were very few amber. I should have picked her at 10 or 12 weeks, but it was a rookie grow and we kept waiting and waiting and she never turned. The plant was multi colored, but the tris never turned. And my papaya grow I harvested at 12 weeks if I remember correct. Same thing, never developed many ambers. maybe 10% or so max. The next grow harvested at 9 or 10, the Diesel had the most amber of any plant grown so far, but still nothing like I thought turning amber would be like.

This grow using organics and high brix, I already see amber on the plants at 6 weeks.

Previous grows were with OC+, I think that keeps feeding the plants and the tris have no reason to die and turn amber. Even though the plants mature, they keep wanting to grow. OC+ is a great nute, but that might be one draw back. Just a hunch. It still turns out real nice healthy potent plants, and can't get any easier.

I can't see why not. It is a fairly early maturing strain. And I think it might help to put a mature plant outside rather than starting from seed. to give it a jump start since the finish time is more critical. Beating the bad weather and such.

Bummer bummer bummer, 3 plants (2 WW) outside were ripped off. They have been outside since the end of April, which is very early around here. They were going to be mature enough this year to beat any frost and such.

Oh well, that's life.

Here is another WW 5th gen clone scrogged 13 wks veg in small closet, 1 week in veg room using GLR.

G9_WW5_1wk_pre_tuck.jpg

Hi

I'm new to 420 and it is just some sort of special gift from outer space!

I have bought myself a grow tent and have a couple of Northern light seeds under flouro. They just sprouted. Should I get some white widow as well or just stick to my NL grow. I was thinking they might both turn out male and then I could only cross with whatever seeds I get ( I'm thinking WW ). I thought I may get a better yield? In second generation crosses?

I was a bit disparaged at the yield of the WW shown here, the info from Dutch Seeds says 500 g per sq meter? I will be using 1000 watt gear, I don't want to muck around, I can easily smoke and sell that. Think I would be wasting it on my friends though. Is the general consensus that it should be cured? Certainly sounds like it!:peace:

Well White Widow would be a great addition to any grow room.

500g in a square meter is possible if you give her plenty of room and LST, SCROG or supercrop her. And if only growing a few plants you should consider female seeds unless you want to make your own seeds with a male.

When you get in to successive generations, you need to pick the plants that show the traits you like to carry on the genes for the next batch.

I was a little skeptical about the WW description of "for experienced smokers only" but that definitely holds true. Casual smokers are in shock if I turn them on to a bud, as they are with most of the strains I grow.

Well White Widow would be a great addition to any grow room.

500g in a square meter is possible if you give her plenty of room and LST, SCROG or supercrop her. And if only growing a few plants you should consider female seeds unless you want to make your own seeds with a male.

When you get in to successive generations, you need to pick the plants that show the traits you like to carry on the genes for the next batch.

I was a little skeptical about the WW description of "for experienced smokers only" but that definitely holds true. Casual smokers are in shock if I turn them on to a bud, as they are with most of the strains I grow.

I don't really want to risk more than four or five plants, what is LST and how do you super crop?

What sort of traits beside mega bud growth should I be looking for?

So far as being an experienced smoker, I think a day hasn't gone past in the last two years I haven't been at least a little high! Hehehe

What is the best way to pollinate? Does any one have some tips?

LST you grab a branch and tie it down so the top isn't the top any more.

Supercrop you bend the branch sharply, you rub it a bit to soften the stem, then you bend from where ever you desire. all the little shoots shoot up. You need to tie these down some times also. They will turn right back up the next day.

As far as traits and a breeding, you gotta do some reading.

As for pollinating, I did a sloppy job, but ended up with a couple seeds. What I would do next time is strip most of the male before he opens up and have just a small portion of sacs and shake them on the branches you want to. And I'm sure you'll get a few stray seeds here and there.

If all you are going to do is 4 plants, skip the breeding a bit and buy some fem seeds till you get in the groove.

These White Widow buds are fully covered with crystal type of long orange hairs and frosted with trichomes that give a sugared look. This strain is one of the most powerful varieties of cannabis with very high potent. You can taste a tinge of skunky lemon when it is fresh.

I keep hearing about this bud and couldn't wait to get my hands on it but when I did I was really dissapointed by the lack potency that was expressed over and over in reviews.. But after joining this site I think it was the way it was grown.. It looked god but the high was lacking as a whole

True white widow has an undeniable scent. It's northern lights scent carries through. It is really hard to explain but I will try. The initial smell and flavor can only be described as feet. If its quality then there is a transition to a sweet flavor. If it is bunk, then it's really harsh feet.

It's northern lights scent carries through.

No Northern in White Widow that I know of. (Brazilian x Indian)

She definitely has a unique smell.

Anyway, here are a few pics of some outdoor WW5th gen clone that only got a little direct sun light and not much water in a dry summer.

G8os_WW5_4buds.jpg

The next two are the same bud, one pic is minus a chunk that broke off but with flash and the other no flash different back ground. I used to watch and paint along with Bob Ross and remember him mentioning about backgrounds making a difference in how we see colors.

G8os_WW5_1bud.jpg

G8os_WW5_1bbud.jpg

Back
Top Bottom