First Closet Grow!

hightimes4evr

Hi everyone!
I had to take down the grow tent :( and will now start my first closet grow:high-five:!!
Iam starting up with two different plants, THC Bomb and Reserva Privada Sour Kush.

I will use:
600 w HPS lamp with Cool Tube refletor
A small and easy hydroponics dripping system

Today I irrigated the seeds, so in a few days we will hopefully see something! Fingers crossed!

:cheer:

IMG_062511.JPG

Hello fellow growers!
The Sour Kush have now woken up! The THC Bomb starting to get me a litte nervous. Maybe I will try with one more seed, if nothing happens trough the day.
rsz_img_06311.jpg

I have also started planning my new closet. Im am doing this because I want to downscale my growing. This is a pic of my previous tent. It was a little too much, and I was worried to have people over, because of the smell and the sound.
rsz_img_0609.jpg

Mothers on the left, all of them are THC Bombs.

This is my new closet! :woohoo:
rsz_1img_0634.jpg

I have not done anything with it yet. If you have som suggestions, please let me now! :lot-o-toke:
Im thinking about installing the exhaust fan in the closet to the left. And drill through the top and use the box on the top as a stealth exhaust pipe.

I have never grown so small before! All feedbacks are welcome!!

What are the dimensions of the new closet ?

Subbed :)

:peace:

Hi Greenfingers!
Sorry for late answer. I have been a litte lazy the last few days :blunt:

The cabinet is 80 cm wide, 50 cm deep and 195 cm high, measured from the inside :)

Im thinking about maybe do a SCROG in there, because of the dimensions.. Or maybe just top, and bend the branches... what do you think?

Ok!
A quick update!

The THC Bomb is dead - or nearly :yikes:
The water beam from the hydrosystem killed it. The stem is fractured.. F*ck!

rsz_img_0658.jpg

Now I just dont know what to do.. Irrigate a new seed OR just go with one plant. From eight plants in cycle and two mothers when I used a tent, to just one now :rollingeyes:

I have also installed my old tent fan in the top of the closet and wired it through a speed controller. Pics are coming!

Any comments are welcome!

I would probably just SCROG or LST 1-2 plants in there or you could SOG 10-15 plants ha ha

If you have a look at my journal, my box is 75cm wide 45cm deep and 120cm high so pretty similar dimensions to yours. All I done was LST 2 plants to get an even canopy and its basically like having a SCROG except I can rotate the plants to make sure all the tops are getting equal light and there are never any dark spots for very long.

It could work as a good reference for you :) the link is in my signature.

Sorry to hear about your baby :(

I would just germ another seed, if you are training them they are going to be the same height when you switch to flower regardless so you wont really have lost any time or size :)

Or you could train the one remaining plant to fill the space with an extra week or so of veg training and when the canopy is full you just flip to 12/12 it will just be like having the 2 plants in there ha ha its just the canopy space that you need to fill :)

Sorry to hear about your baby :(

I would just germ another seed, if you are training them they are going to be the same height when you switch to flower regardless so you wont really have lost any time or size :)

Or you could train the one remaining plant to fill the space with an extra week or so of veg training and when the canopy is full you just flip to 12/12 it will just be like having the 2 plants in there ha ha its just the canopy space that you need to fill :)

Hi Greenfingers, thanks for your advice!
I will just go with the one plant and let it grow as wide as the cabinet allows it. I will use LST and top them :high-five:

Hopefully she will be a big fat lady :love:

I new update!
Ok, so only one Sour Kush on the grow. I will, like I said in Greenfingers (thank 4 good help) reply, go with just this one, and use topping and LST for making her as good possible. :morenutes:

Here is a pic of my closet:
rsz_img_0662.jpg

And one pic in stealth. (the box on top in the middle is the exhaust pipe :cheesygrinsmiley: )
rsz_img_0667.jpg

Ok, one week from seed and the Sour Kush looks great! Im looking forward to see the changes the next days and weeks!
rsz_img_0664.jpg

I am wondering if I should just keep on using the 150W lamp or if I should install the 600W system and use the cool tube. Is it necessary for just one plant?

Any comments are welcome!

:thumb:

Hey hightimes4evr I'm happy to help :)

You shouldn't have a HPS for Veg, its not the right spectrum and the plant wont respond well and its gonna stretch like crazy and grow long thin branches that can't support much weight, you should get a MH bulb in there or Get some Blue CFLs around 6500 k :)

You want to get some tight strong inter-nodes that can support weight if you want to LST and Top and you need blue light to do it, it is a much better spectrum for producing vegetative growth :)

The only time the plant would really utilise Red light ( HPS ) is during Flower because it uses much more of this spectrum for producing floral mass.

Hey hightimes4evr I'm happy to help :)

You shouldn't have a HPS for Veg, its not the right spectrum and the plant wont respond well and its gonna stretch like crazy and grow long thin branches that can't support much weight, you should get a MH bulb in there or Get some Blue CFLs around 6500 k :)

You want to get some tight strong inter-nodes that can support weight if you want to LST and Top and you need blue light to do it, it is a much better spectrum for producing vegetative growth :)

The only time the plant would really utilise Red light ( HPS ) is during Flower because it uses much more of this spectrum for producing floral mass.

Thanx Greenfingers! I will buy and install it today! Pics are coming! :goodjob:

Hi everyone!
Ok, so I took Greenfingers advice and bought a CFL 250Watt Grow Lamp (6400N) and installed it in a adjust-awing reflector. This replaced the 150W HID lamp I had going. :hookah:

Hopefully this will give a stronger stem, larger canopy, and also keep the plant from not getting that high. :)

rsz_img_0689.jpg

rsz_img_0690.jpg

And my plant is looking happy :cheesygrinsmiley: just one and a half week old.
rsz_img_0688.jpg

So guys! What do you think?

You have a really nice setup. It is small, sure, but it is stealth and still "classy". Props for accomplishing that. I assume you will switch back to the HID for flower though right?

You have a really nice setup. It is small, sure, but it is stealth and still "classy". Props for accomplishing that. I assume you will switch back to the HID for flower though right?

Hi LighTer :cheesygrinsmiley:
Thanx for you comment regarding the closet, I have used some time and money finding out how to install a real stealth closet, that does not make any big noise and keeps the smell away (haven't installed the carbon filter yet) :nomo:

yeah, I will switch from CFL Fluo to just use the HID/HPS when the veg period is over.:thumb:

I might support it a little just in case she falls over because the HID would have stretched her a little the new growth from the CFL will be pretty compact and she might become top heavy, I would stake her a little at least until that stem thickens up a bit :)

Better to be safe than sorry

Hey Hightimes!

Sorry about your loss, but in that closet you should be able to get a nice yield off one plant doing LST!

A poster on here who's given me tremendous help has a C99 in I think her 8th week of veg doing LST and she's @ 3ft tall and equally wide. He's expecting @ 8zipp dry after harvest. Not bad for 1 plant indoors!

Mine are just over 2weeks after sprouting. I have them in a makeshift veg area. 4 each under their own 23w (100w incandescent equivalent) 6500k cfl while I finish building my cab. A week ago I started using GLR for my light cycle and it's been really amazing the increase in growth! An idea to consider while you veg under cfls. :)

Good luck on the grow! The cab looks great! Are you planning anything for the smaller section on the right? Germing or maybe cloning?

I'm subbed and pulling for ya!

Korloin

I might support it a little just in case she falls over because the HID would have stretched her a little the new growth from the CFL will be pretty compact and she might become top heavy, I would stake her a little at least until that stem thickens up a bit :)

Better to be safe than sorry

Hi Greenfingers, thanks for your replay! :cheer:
I will fix a stick, or something that will give the litte girl some support.

Pics are coming in a few days :thumb:

I like using the CFL bulb Greenfingers! Thanks for good advices :high-five:

Back
Top Bottom