First Closet Grow!

Hey Hightimes!

Sorry about your loss, but in that closet you should be able to get a nice yield off one plant doing LST!

A poster on here who's given me tremendous help has a C99 in I think her 8th week of veg doing LST and she's @ 3ft tall and equally wide. He's expecting @ 8zipp dry after harvest. Not bad for 1 plant indoors!

Mine are just over 2weeks after sprouting. I have them in a makeshift veg area. 4 each under their own 23w (100w incandescent equivalent) 6500k cfl while I finish building my cab. A week ago I started using GLR for my light cycle and it's been really amazing the increase in growth! An idea to consider while you veg under cfls. :)

Good luck on the grow! The cab looks great! Are you planning anything for the smaller section on the right? Germing or maybe cloning?

I'm subbed and pulling for ya!

Korloin

Hi Korloin! Thanks for you replay :ciao:

I've never heard about the GRL light cycle, I have to check that out!

I'm using the closet on the right for keeping reflectors, ballasts, nutritions and other stuff :cheesygrinsmiley: I´ve thought about making one of the shelfs as a veg area, but im also thinking about setting up the tent again in the basement....But I think I will finish this grow - and try to learn as much as possible (thanx to all of you guys at 420 making this easier). And use that knowledge for the next grow.

I entered your journal, im exited for you man! :goodjob:

:peace:

Hi Greenfingers, thanks for your replay! :cheer:
I will fix a stick, or something that will give the litte girl some support.

Pics are coming in a few days :thumb:

I like using the CFL bulb Greenfingers! Thanks for good advices :high-five:

No problem hightimes4evr I am happy it is working well for you, your girl seems to like it :)

I was just wondering if you have a small fan inside your box blowing over the plant ?

This added air movement will help the stem to become thick and strong in no time :)

I was also just wondering your average temperature and humidity is ?

Talk to you soon :)

No problem hightimes4evr I am happy it is working well for you, your girl seems to like it :)

I was just wondering if you have a small fan inside your box blowing over the plant ?

This added air movement will help the stem to become thick and strong in no time :)

I was also just wondering your average temperature and humidity is ?

Talk to you soon :)

Hi Greenfingers!
I have two fans I used to the tent, but they are to big...soo i bought a new little one :headbanger: !

rsz_img_0701.jpg

Hopefully this will be the last buy, before the grow is finished :amen:
I'm thinking of mounting some brackets to the wall, so the new fan can follow the following growing and "hight" of the plant.

The closet have approximately 23-28 degrees Celsius temprature and 50 degrees humidity, that ok isn't it?

I think my girl are doing good. The stem through support is much better!, thanks Greenfingers :high-five:

Peace to all fellow growers!

"Hopefully this will be the last buy, before the grow is finished"

It never is, we all say that, but it never is.

Hi Greenfingers!
I have two fans I used to the tent, but they are to big...soo i bought a new little one :headbanger: !

Hopefully this will be the last buy, before the grow is finished :amen:
I'm thinking of mounting some brackets to the wall, so the new fan can follow the following growing and "hight" of the plant.

The closet have approximately 23-28 degrees Celsius temprature and 50 degrees humidity, that ok isn't it?

I think my girl are doing good. The stem through support is much better!, thanks Greenfingers :high-five:

Peace to all fellow growers!

You have the exact same fan as me :) I have 2 of them in the box, one for underneath the canopy and one for above it. They run so quietly ha ha

Your temperatures seem good but 28 degrees should be the absolute maximum, my box is usually about 27-28, you don't want her to burn up on you :)

50% humidity is perfect :)

It will never be the last buy, ever ha ha there is always something new, interesting or different that needs trying :)

I'm very happy that everything is running smoothly for you at the moment

Keep up the good work

Just some thoughts, ha ha

You should turn the light around if you know what I mean ha ha It is pointing right now but if you point it left it will shed more light on your plant and it should stop leaning to one side :)

Just be carefull you dont have it too close, those CFLs with wattages that high can get hot enough to sizzle up those leaves on you if they touch the glass, the plant will start growing pretty quick soon so I would say about 6 inches away is a comfortable distance :)

Hi everyone!
Okay, so like I said in the last comment; I have a new clone, a Big Bud - hopefully a girl :Rasta:

I have her now in the propagator
rsz_img_0707.jpg

rsz_img_0708.jpg

She looks a litte sweaty, but she uses all her power to get new roots.

Hopefully I can put her in the closet in the end of this week :cheesygrinsmiley:

I have today installed the carbon filter and the exhaust pipe to the fan in the box. Tried to mount the filter as much to the left as possible. Heat is my main concern and I need all the space i can get, if I need to use my cool tube. Damn, LED may be the future for me, no more heat problems :blunt:
rsz_img_07112.jpg

rsz_img_07121.jpg

Thinking about how many weeks I've been set back because of the new clone... hopefully as few as possible..:tokin:

Hi Greenfingers!
Thanx once again for good advices :high-five:

The little fan works very good! And soo quite! :blunt: Im thinking about buying one more, like you, when the plants are getting bigger. I have also bought a little tower fan, to cool the closet even more :cheesygrinsmiley:

I've adjusted a litte the light so It should work nice now! Check it out!

More pics are coming on week three update. :thumb:

looking great :)

You should chop off half of the leaves of your clones to encourage them to start rooting and stop transpiring , If you have a look at page 5 of my journal you will be able to see a good example of what I mean.

You will have a much higher survival rate this way :)

Keep up the good work

looking great :)

You should chop off half of the leaves of your clones to encourage them to start rooting and stop transpiring , If you have a look at page 5 of my journal you will be able to see a good example of what I mean.

You will have a much higher survival rate this way :)

Keep up the good work

I forgot to do it this time... To much medication :blunt:

But done it now :cheesygrinsmiley:

Hopefully she can be in the closet on sunday / monday. You guys can decide on mondays week update :high-five:

Today is my birthday, so got to go! :party:

Update week 3!
Hello fellow growers!
An update from my closet. The Sour Kush are looking good. Thanks to the fan (and Greenfingers), the stem are now strong enough and straighten out :cheesygrinsmiley:
rsz_img_0718.jpg

The clone is looking nice. I thought that maybe today I could place her (hopefully a her! hahaha) in the closet, but I will give her a few more days in the humidity dome.
rsz_img_07151.jpg

LED
I'm thinking about using LED through the flowering stage. That will hopefully solve any heat-coming problems, but wich one should I buy? I've been all over the forum and also looked through the 420-sponsors. But I can't decide. I live in Europe, and the best for me is to buy it somewhere here (because of the 230 volage and customs basically). Buckshot recommended these guys.
Have someone else other suggestions?: :helpsmilie:

Nutritions
I'm using GHE Flora Duo as nutrients to my grow. I will use the same dosage for this week (week four) as I did in week three and not change water before next week. Or is it not necessary - while waiting for the clone, to give more nutritions at all?Here you can see the nutrient chart (Hydro).

The plant is looking good, but its still a litte too early for LST right?

rsz_img_0719.jpg

Any suggestions and comments are welcome :cheesygrinsmiley:

I am subbing this grow. I am interested to see what I can learn for my next grow. Keep up the good work.
As far as topping or FIMing, I think you can as the plant is looking hearty enough, but do not take this noobs word for it...

-TG

I am subbing this grow. I am interested to see what I can learn for my next grow. Keep up the good work.
As far as topping or FIMing, I think you can as the plant is looking hearty enough, but do not take this noobs word for it...

-TG

After my debacles of the past, I'm all pro-lst and scrog. Not so keen on FIM'ing or topping really (although I accidently {is that possible?} 1/2 FIM'ed the top of my Drizella last night. :oops:) If I had to choose? I think I'd FIM as it seems to stress the plant less than a full topping. Just this newbs 2 cents. :)

Back
Top Bottom