First Closet Grow!

just wondering as this is my first grow and am curious on the havest as to what the plant will look like ...I see your leaves are all brown and spotted and the buds look kinda dry ..my buds are looking dry like yours I know about the amber trichs but are the plants supposed to look like that?... I've see pics where all the leafs were yellow and dying off ....should I wait a little longer and watch some more tv untill the little leafs turn brown...what can brown do for you!

100_26451.JPG

100_26262.JPG

Some strains will have leaves that start to die others do not. The first grow in my siggy will show you that my leaves did not do much of the dying, but I took them out anyway and should have done so sooner. Just pay attention to trichs as they will tell you when to harvest.

when I look at the trichs the outside ones are kinda done but if I open the buds and look deep inside I see they are cloudy to some clear ..should I wait untill those are amber then harvest?...need to know asap...thanks

Hi p man!
For me it sounds like you maybe have a week or so left before harvest time :;):

This grow journal is full of growers that can help you, but you can also check the "Harvest, Preparation & Curing" Sub-section under Growers Forums. It is a lot of discussion on when to harvest there :cheer:

Good luck man! Next time you should make a grow journal, so we can follow and help you through the grow :cheesygrinsmiley:

Love your pics! Specially the Weed-TV hahahaha! I do the same :cheesygrinsmiley:

:peace:

check out my other posts and you will see some interesting things you may like looking at ....my water cure journal, my new 'bud bowl', my bud rot post complete with pictures and a preventitive fix, brown leave questions, my first deep water grow (going on now) and more ...all the problems a newbie can have...well not all.... at least I haven't got busted!

check out my other posts and you will see some interesting things you may like looking at ....my water cure journal, my new 'bud bowl', my bud rot post complete with pictures and a preventitive fix, brown leave questions, my first deep water grow (going on now) and more ...all the problems a newbie can have...well not all.... at least I haven't got busted!

Cool man! I'll check it out :cheesygrinsmiley:

just wondering as this is my first grow and am curious on the havest as to what the plant will look like ...I see your leaves are all brown and spotted and the buds look kinda dry ..my buds are looking dry like yours I know about the amber trichs but are the plants supposed to look like that?... I've see pics where all the leafs were yellow and dying off ....should I wait a little longer and watch some more tv untill the little leafs turn brown...what can brown do for you!

The brown spotting on my leaves was due to a calcium deficiency caused by my PH being too low, i think it dropped below 6.0 and locking out the plants ability to absorb calcium and those necrotic spots developed. the progression of the brown spots stopped once I corrected the PH issue. So the plants shouldn't actually look like that ha ha I would say your plants might have a week or two left but I would wait until all the trichomes on the interior of the buds have turned fully cloudy this should be a good indicator but it is all down to preference :)

Towards the end of flower it isn't Brown that you are looking for its Yellowing, this will only happen after you begin to stop feeding your plants nutrients and only giving them water, or 'flushing' them. The main thing that causes the yellowing is the lack of nitrogen in the soil and the feed. The plants need nitrogen to create chlorophyll, this is what makes the leaves green and when you stop giving nutrients the plant begins to use up the chlorophyll and other nutrients that has been stored in the leaves and transfers that to the buds and reduce the chances of your buds having a chemical or planty taste and help the real aroma and flavour of the cannabis to shine through :)

I think that this is the process that you are trying to achieve and it can only really be achieved with adequate flushing.

About trichomes becoming amber, Amber trichomes are degraded and do not give a nice body buzz like you would be looking for with an indica, you should choose the effects that you want based on the strain rather than letting the trichomes go past their peak point in potency which is fully cloudy or just starting to go amber, this is when the plants are at their most potent, the effect depends on weather it is an indica or sativa degrading the trichomes just makes the buzz more groggy and less enjoyable.

I will quote something from an article to help your decision :)

The first thing you need to know is that there are 3 "states" in a trichomes development.

The first state is clear. Clear trichomes contain precursor cannabinoids (cannabinoids are the different substances in cannabis).

These precursor cannabinoids are not psychoactive (they do not produce a 'high') yet and harvesting clear trichomes will not give you a proper harvest.

The second state is cloudy/milky. Cloudy trichomes contain fully realized THC (the by far main contributing substance in any cannabis high).
You want to get as close to 100% cloudy trichomes @ harvest to get the most potency out of your plant. It's impossible to get 100% cloudy trichomes, since trichomes are always being produced and are always maturing, even after harvest the trichomes will continue to develop.

The third state is amber. Amber trichomes contain degraded THC --> CBN. CBN represents a loss of 90% potency (from THC).
CBN is not desirable in any harvest, since it not only represents a huge loss of potency but research into the substance has also shown that CBN does not produce a high like THC does, CBN produces a more sickly feeling not a true high.

I hope this helped, if you have any more questions or I wasnt clear enough, dont hesitate to ask :thumb:

thanks ..maybe I split the difference and harvest in three days rather then chance it going bad...or maybe even today?

I went to about 20% amber before I harvested and could not have been happier with the final product.

About trichomes becoming amber, Amber trichomes are degraded and do not give a nice body buzz like you would be looking for with an indica, you should choose the effects that you want based on the strain rather than letting the trichomes go past their peak point in potency which is fully cloudy or just starting to go amber, this is when the plants are at their most potent, the effect depends on weather it is an indica or sativa degrading the trichomes just makes the buzz more groggy and less enjoyable.

I will quote something from an article to help your decision :)

I hope this helped, if you have any more questions or I wasnt clear enough, dont hesitate to ask :thumb:

Thanks for posting this and the quote, I'm definitely harvesting before 30% amber now:thumb:

Sorry to just barge in hightimes4evr, I would suggest raising the light before the slightest risk of heat damage! I didn’t!!

:goodluck:

FLOWORING DAY 18 - MANY DAYS LEFT!

Hi everyone! Sorry for beeing away for some time, lots of things to do these days.

OK! My girl have really grown these 18 days. She has more than doubled in size and looks fat and happy! ;)
rsz_1img_0560.jpg
rsz_img_05671.jpg

I think it maybe just will be one plant next time altso....:)

Isn't she beautiful?
rsz_img_05611.jpg

rsz_img_05621.jpg

I like the canopy. sorry for bad pic.
rsz_img_0564.jpg

Next time i will regard buy a MH lamp like Greenfingers so she maybe don't stretch so much.

The temperature is about 23 degrees celsius and the humidity is aprox 50 %

So what are you guys think?! Am I, at the end, going to get high or what ? :high-five:

Any comments and suggestions are welcome!

Looking really good!

FLOWERING DAY 39 - MAYBE 21-30 DAYS LEFT

Hi fellow growers! A little update on how my girl are doing :cheer:

Ok, this is how she´s looking now :cheesygrinsmiley:

rsz_img_06091.jpg

As you see in the picture I've installed some brackets for the fans.

rsz_img_0602.jpg

rsz_img_06011.jpg

rsz_img_06001.jpg

It will be a few more weeks left, but the colas are getting bigger for every day! :high-five:

I haven't done anything much with the plant in the flowering stage. I'm just following the nutrients guide and checking the PH once or twice every week.

So what do you guys think? Any comments or suggestions are very much appreciated :)

Back
Top Bottom