First Closet Grow!

OK. This is what happend when I was working on the leafs.:confused:

rsz_img_0485.jpg

The hole fuc*ing top vent off! WTF!!

rsz_img_0486.jpg

WTF (v2)!!!

So this is how she looked after the accident yesterday, poor thing.
rsz_img_0487.jpg

And this pic is from today:
rsz_img_05122.jpg

She will overcome this! I think the loop around the stem was a little to tight, so that lesson is learned :lot-o-toke:

I'm so angry! GRRRRRRRRR!!

Im going to top her tomorrow... I think...

:peace:

I think you will be okay. It happens.

OK. This is what happend when I was working on the leafs.:confused:

She will overcome this! I think the loop around the stem was a little to tight, so that lesson is learned :lot-o-toke:

I'm so angry! GRRRRRRRRR!!

Im going to top her tomorrow... I think...

I'm really sorry to see the damage to the poor plant, it does look like the loop cut off the circulation to the branch.

Ideally you would not actually wrap or tie anything around the branch as it will eventually get tighter and have no room to grow, the best way is to just loop the string around the branch leaving one side exposed, the best description that I can think of is kind of like a Horse Shoe or a 'U' pulling the branch to one side. If this does not make sense I'll try to give a better description :) ha ha

Your plants are looking really good by the way, and at least with that top being decapitated it should create extra branching for you :)

Keep up the good work

Hi Greenfingers!
Yeah, I bought some letterclips and have now changed all the knots to "horse shoes" :cheesygrinsmiley: Lesson is learned hahaha!

The girl are looking healthy, and i topped her again yesterday. Im thinking about maybe get her to flowering asap.. Im getting low on medicine :cheesygrinsmiley: What do you think?

rsz_img_05131.jpg

She looks good mate. Regarding flowering, I think this is best determined by the space you've got. You could give her a few days to get over the topping and then switch, and I think the general rule is the plants will double in size (width and height) with the stretch (though this does vary with strain) so it's a balance between vegging long enough that you fill your grow space in flower, but not so long that you're suddenly fighting space and height issues. I've seen quite a few grows on here where the veg was too long, and I've been there myself when I did a grow years ago, and it's a massive ball ache when you suddenly realise you don't have enough space and the plants are touching your lights.

She looks good mate. Regarding flowering, I think this is best determined by the space you've got. You could give her a few days to get over the topping and then switch, and I think the general rule is the plants will double in size (width and height) with the stretch (though this does vary with strain) so it's a balance between vegging long enough that you fill your grow space in flower, but not so long that you're suddenly fighting space and height issues. I've seen quite a few grows on here where the veg was too long, and I've been there myself when I did a grow years ago, and it's a massive ball ache when you suddenly realise you don't have enough space and the plants are touching your lights.

Ditto

Thanx man :thumb:
I have a little more space left, specially in the hight. So i think I will wait till the new shoots arrive before I switch over to flowering. Hopefully on sunday :cheesygrinsmiley:

Update week five!

Five weeks have gone.. so I cant wait anymore..

Its FLOWERING time!
:yahoo:

So, today i switched the lights to 12/12 and replaced the CFL with a 150 Watt HPS. I also gave 30 ml/10 Litre Flora Hydro Grow and 10ml/10 Litre of Flora Hydro Bloom :cheesygrinsmiley:

The first thing Im really worried about is the heat. Im constantly monitoring every hour and checking it out. I have a cool tube laying around, but hopefully I wont need it. I have heard that the cool tube takes a lot of the "light strength", but you can have it closer to the plant. I dont know if thats true?

Hopefully the plants wont stretch to much like it started to do with Greenfingers grow. Then I will think about putting the 250W CFL (6400N) bulb back in for some a few weeks till they are finished with the stretching, instead of buying a MH bulb. Or what do you guys think?

Sorry bad pics. The HPS f*king it up.

rsz_img_0526.jpg

I've taken some leafs today for the stem to get light
rsz_img_05282.jpg

So far I have kept my girl real low.
rsz_img_05302.jpg

I will also thank everyone who are helping my through this grow so far :thanks: This is the best hobby ever :cheesygrinsmiley:

Any suggestions and comments are welcome!

:peace: and :love:

Hey HT

If heat is to much then go with the cool tube.The cool tube dont effect the light output as it is clear glass.Some people are skeptical but unless its frosted glass or something like that then the light output wont be effected.I myself prefer using a cool tube when using hps.Its a lot safer in my opinion because if a water droplet or anything lands on the hps while its on,well lets just say( KABOOM.)And you could end up running to the doc like this little guy:goof:to get glass out of your face.
And you will end up having to replace the bulb of course.
Your plants are lookin sweet so far man,i hope you get a descent harvest.
:goodjob:

Hey HT

If heat is to much then go with the cool tube.The cool tube dont effect the light output as it is clear glass.Some people are skeptical but unless its frosted glass or something like that then the light output wont be effected.I myself prefer using a cool tube when using hps.Its a lot safer in my opinion because if a water droplet or anything lands on the hps while its on,well lets just say( KABOOM.)And you could end up running to the doc like this little guy:goof:to get glass out of your face.

Hi Big Budda!
Hahaha! With my luck I better get the Cool Tube installed right away :phew:

Thanx for your advice man, I appreciate it :cheesygrinsmiley:

:peace: and :love:

Looks good! And I agree with the cool tube....

Hey HT

It is usually about a 5% decrease in lumen output from a cooltube but the dramatic cooling makes that 5% loss worth it :)

hey mr .green fingers can I need to ask you a couple questions about your pictures /harvest time but I can't send you a email because I don't have 50 postd yet ...can you contact me on this forum?

hey mr .green fingers can I need to ask you a couple questions about your pictures /harvest time but I can't send you a email because I don't have 50 postd yet ...can you contact me on this forum?

Hey p man :)

Yeah you can ask me whatever you want here if Hightimes4evr doesn't mind or you could just go to my journal in my signature and ask me there :)

just wondering as this is my first grow and am curious on the havest as to what the plant will look like ...I see your leaves are all brown and spotted and the buds look kinda dry ..my buds are looking dry like yours I know about the amber trichs but are the plants supposed to look like that?... I've see pics where all the leafs were yellow and dying off ....should I wait a little longer and watch some more tv untill the little leafs turn brown...what can brown do for you!

100_26451.JPG

100_26262.JPG

Back
Top Bottom