Germy's First Grow Log

Ok, two diesels are getting about two feet. I usually go way bigger, but want o try to not overcrowd anymore. So have more small plants, maybe get into scrog. So they are under a 600 watt mh right now, going to repot and flip to 12/12 in a few days. My hps bulb just arrived. if I bloom under 600 watts, and possibly finish under 1000 watt if space permits, can I still get dense buds?

Here is a kosher almost done. She has been through hell. Caught the problem early enough though. The second is a early bloom kosher kush. The two in the tent are nyc diesels. Not sure if anyone is watching, there are so many journals! Well any input is welcome!

Planning on a repot and 12/12 in the next few days for the smaller diesels.

image29730.jpg
image29729.jpg
image29731.jpg

My large tent is a 1000, 72 degrees at all time. I have an air conditioner for it. Without the hood vent it would be difficult keep it at bay. I can put plants 6 inches away with no heat, ac blows on hood from the bottom. The 3x3 600 with a separate carbon filter line and hood venting is 80.the two 2x2's with 4 bulb t5's are at 74.

You can see some damage in the bottom right and the middle one. Smashed against a wall. Missed a few nights rotation. I'm running 6 plants in and area for four at most. The footprint of that light is 4x4 max. I need freedom to get out of tents. November legalization is on the ballot.

Some people call two weeks the minimum. Others- two months.
I just always conspire to squirrel it away somewhere where I can forget about it as long as possible. I tend to dip into it starting at about 2 weeks. With any luck another harvest will come along and slow down my dipping. Sometimes I'm lucky enough to have 6 month or older stuff around.

You got some good stuff going on there Germy! :thumb:

I have a frame built for a grow tent out of 2x2s. It's 30x52x70"H. The walls fold in so it can fit down my basement steps but I realized a while ago that I'd be able to enclose a single plant in a smaller space if I wanted to. Just have to cut and fit the panda film on it and stick a light in there. Just for vegging so I can use the grow room just for flowering. I wanted room to ScroG 2 DWC tubs and have room for a couple small mums and a tray of clones.

And btw, after reading through this site, I like the vibe. Seems like it's active and has happy members! I came from a cliquey site and just left because it was kinda violent. A lot of politics where it wasn't necessary. So cheers to 420!!

They're fairly strict about abuse here. Nothing wrong with debate but when it comes to acting trollish there's no room for that and you get told so. You want to be an internet tough guy go over to Craig's List Rants and Raves where you can really impress people. :rofl:

I'll pop in when I get up and put in my 2 cents about curing but I'm beat. :passitleft:

L8r

How are you going to change out bubble buckets solution under scrog? I've always lifted the plant up and changed bucket? Just wondering

I'm assuming that question is meant for me Germy.

I rarely change the sol'n being the lazy, cheap, broke and arthritic old fart that I am but when I do I can take the outlet end of the tube that circulates the nutes through my DIY chiller and put it in an empty tub and go away for a half hour to come back to an empty tub under the plants. Just a small fountain pump, 100gph, and 3/8" food grade clear plastic tubing pushing the nutes up to the cooling tank on a water cooler that was given to me a few years ago. About 15 ft. of the tubing is coiled in the tank that is filled with straight automotive anti-freeze for better heat transfer. It then returns back to the tub and keeps the nutes at a nice 17C or 62F for the metrically challenged. :)

Before I started chilling the nutes I used a drill pump. A small pump that fits on the end of any power drill and has the same fittings as a garden hose. I wrapped the input end with some mosquito netting secured with a SS hose clamp so the roots don't get sucked in and can empty the tub into another in about 5 min. $10 or so at most hardware stores. A few more bux if you need to buy a female hose fitting and a couple feet of clear plastic tubing to fit.

Easy-peasy.

PS: I, for the life of me, cannot grow house plants to save my life but do well with pot plants. Go figure eh. Yours look really nice. :thumb:

L8r

I'm assuming that question is meant for me Germy.

I rarely change the sol'n being the lazy, cheap, broke and arthritic old fart that I am but when I do I can take the outlet end of the tube that circulates the nutes through my DIY chiller and put it in an empty tub and go away for a half hour to come back to an empty tub under the plants. Just a small fountain pump, 100gph, and 3/8" food grade clear plastic tubing pushing the nutes up to the cooling tank on a water cooler that was given to me a few years ago. About 15 ft. of the tubing is coiled in the tank that is filled with straight automotive anti-freeze for better heat transfer. It then returns back to the tub and keeps the nutes at a nice 17C or 62F for the metrically challenged. :)

Before I started chilling the nutes I used a drill pump. A small pump that fits on the end of any power drill and has the same fittings as a garden hose. I wrapped the input end with some mosquito netting secured with a SS hose clamp so the roots don't get sucked in and can empty the tub into another in about 5 min. $10 or so at most hardware stores. A few more bux if you need to buy a female hose fitting and a couple feet of clear plastic tubing to fit.

Easy-peasy.

PS: I, for the life of me, cannot grow house plants to save my life but do well with pot plants. Go figure eh. Yours look really nice. :thumb:

L8r

Super interested in a diy cooler was thinking one of these per 5 gallon bucket. They are for aquariums.

image30733.jpg

Called ice probe

Plants look great Germy. I am currently using an Ice Probe in a 5 Gal bucket DWC system. Check out current grow in signature. There are pictures of the set up. I found it works best when res is insulated. Feel free to ask any questions.

How far below ambient air can it go? What res temps if air is 80? I'll read through your grow. Thanks bro!

CPU fan cooler. Have my doubts.

Do you mean insulation like this Dabbledo? R20 fiberglasswall insulation held on with baling wire. Doesn't shed like the pink stuff.

AutoDWC01.jpg

L8r

Back
Top Bottom