1st Grow - Rainforest 66 & DWC System - 400W HID - 8 Different Strains - Hydroponics

Re: 1st Grow - Rainforest 66 & DWC System - 400W HID - 8 Different Strains - Hydropon

Hey CA215,

Yeah ferreal I was freaked out and am still worried she'll stop back by, but for now its all good. Yepp it's an intake. Good thinking will look into getting one. Sounds good thanks man.

Hey westcoast! Very nice set up bro! Gotta watch out for the landloard I feel ya.. It's total freakin scare when they tell you they are stopping by lol. Hey one thing I noticed in your very last picture, you now have that 6" inline as an intake correct? Try to get an air filter (or some pantyhose) for the outside of the fan. Keeps a lot of dust out and possibly bugs/spores! Im subbed and will start stopping byb to check out your progress man! :grinjoint:

-CA215 :peace:

Re: 1st Grow - Rainforest 66 & DWC System - 400W HID - 8 Different Strains - Hydropon

3/14/2013 - Forest!

Hey everyone, so I was out of town since Saturday and came home to a forest. I had to do some serious trimming and here's the results afterwards (should of gotten a pic before I trimmed but forgot):

6916.jpg

I've been saving all of my cuttings and freezing them fresh and now have collected a little over 100 grams of leafs. I also just ordered a set of 5 bubble hash bags and am waiting to get them to hopefully make some dank ass hash. Anyone have any experience with making bubble hash with ice?

Thanks!!!!!!!!!

Im not sure of making hash with leaves that have no trichs, but once your plants have budded and you have trimmings that are nice and crystally and sticky, you'd want to use one of those. cannasensei posted a vid not too long ago, If I remember correctly it is on his grow journal, let me see if I can find it.

But I've heard of people using their cannabis leaves into some kind of milk mix, never tried it before either.
Make a chicken ceaser cannabis leaf salad and dine like a king? :smokin:

-CA215 :peace:

Saw it on cheech & chong, might have to double think that hahah, might be a little bitter.
If you actually did try it I would recommend making sure the leafs are clean, no pesticide on em or what not :biglaugh:

haha next time I cook some chicken ill put something together and post a pic lol

but anyways when i try to make the hash, all my leaves and my little bit of trim are frozen so should I let them thaw out before using the bubble bags or should I throw them in frozen?

3/18/2013 - Growing Tall

7018.jpg

So everything is going good now. Lowered the ph just a little to 5.8 a few days ago and all the plants seem to be looking ad growing better. I've been trimming fan leaves on top pretty heavily lately so I can get light down to the middle and lower nodes but am worried that if I am cutting fan leaves if it is going to affect the growth rate of the plant?? Anyone have any insight or advice for trimming? Ohh and still trying to figure out when i try to make the hash, all my leaves and my little bit of trim are frozen so should I let them thaw out before using the bubble bags or should I throw them in frozen?

I would think throwing em in frozen would be ok. Might just take a little extra time for all the thc to "melt" off the leaf into the water.
But if say you are watching a video on yootoob and the guys trimmings are not frozen, I would just set them out for abit and let them thaw.
And with defoliation most everyone has their own strategy, I've heard you want to wait till day 20 mark to start defol(I defoled yesterday at day 10 flower hah). One thing I've read countless times tho was starting at the bottom growth and working your way up, since those smaller portions underneath wont be getting a lot of sun, you might aswell snip it off and let that energy be used for one of your top flowers that's close to the light source. Another thing with fan leaves is that they are your little powerhouse or solar panels for your plants, almost like the engine that keeps it running so the more fan leaves you leave on the plant, the better it will grow, and of course the less stress it will endure with its fan leaves being removed.

see if this comes up well, I tried to clean up all the inner growth underneath the plant for better air flow and hopefully better bud production on the top side
IMG_087419.jpg

IMG_087614.jpg

what I tried to accomplish was, looking at the plant from above straight down, all growth underneath the main canopy I actually just snipped off completely. All budsites that had a decent amount of light underneath the main canopy I tended to leave speratingly, others I just didn't want because they were such small twigs and felt like they were going to just absorb a lot of the energy for my big buds. Hope this helps abit!!

-CA215

Okay thanks a lot CA215. That really helped, I'm gonna start spacing my plants out tomorrow.

3/25/2013 - Overgrown

So I quit trimming the fan leaves and have just let all of the plants grow lately and they are getting a little big. I am almost having to move my reflector up everyday. Thanks to some great insight from CA215, I went ahead and came up with my own plan to tie down my plants and trim the bottoms to help make some space and to create even better circulation. The buds are starting to come in though and they are looking nice.

Growing Tall:
71105.jpg

72104.jpg

73102.jpg

A lot of people also take top fan leaves off too don't get me wrong, I actually took off quite a few last night, I noticed if I would just remove those top fat fan leaves about 3-6 bud nodes underneath with direct sunlight. I try to stand directly over my plant looking down, and ill take a fan leaf and pull it back, if I see more than 2 bud sites i'll remove that fan leaf. I just don't go super crazy taking plant material off. I've heard of people also doing 2 defoliation stages during flower, one around day 20 or so and the next was a couple weeks later once buds are packed on. I'm still on my first grow brotha and have yet to see a definite final answer on these techniques, but from right now they are working pretty good, I just don't want to be a scrub coming in giving out shitty info to kill your crops. You cant go wrong if you just follow steps along peoples journals! I can't stop reading people journals man, chalk full of info! Your plants are looking GREAT!

4/1/2013 - Hash Experience and Update

So I got my bubble bags and threw my frozen trim in and went to work. I had over 100 grams of leaves so I was hoping for around 1-2 grams of hash. After the first run, I got about 1.1 grams of 25micron hash (the good stuff) and about .3 of 75micron. I got around what I was expecting so I was pretty happy. I got a great 5-bag kit of eBay for around 40 with shipping so these babies already paid for themselves.

Broken up Frozen Trim:
74100.jpg

Filling up the Bucket:
7543.jpg

Final Product (left 25 micron right 75 micron):
7615.jpg

Anyways back to the ladies, my girls have been getting huge and growing taller and taller each day. I had to start tying them down and spacing them out so everyones getting some sunlight and so I can keep them from getting too close to the light. Serious resign building everywhere and the smell couldn't be better. Today is exactly 1 month into flowering... Wow time goes fast, but hey only 4-6 weeks and these girls will be drying into some dankkkk (hopefully).

Can't Wait for these Buds:
7717.jpg

Having to tie down to space everything out:
7816.jpg

4/17/2013 - Still Growing!

Hey everyone! Sorry I've been out of touch its been a long couple of weeks. Today is day 48 in flowering and the girls look amazing. Tons of bud forming and it looks great. I bought an illuminated microscope because I am trying to determine when to harvest but am not sure when to pull the plug. I know I am going for a mostly cloudy tricomes before I harvest but a couple of my plants are at that point now. Should I continue to let them grow, start flushing with water and harvest soon or just straight up harvest? Also need any tips on succesful drying and curing methods! THanks everyone wouldnt have made it this far without ya!!! THE END IS IN SIGHT!!!!!!!!

Sorry the pics might be a few days old (will get better ones tomorrow and post em up):

7914.jpg

8018.jpg

81103.jpg

Look at the nugs are they swollen? Squeeze the nugs, are they are firm ?If yes to both, then check trics for desired condition. Begin flush when 1/2 of plant is there, allow the plant to pull the nutes from the leaves that are left. The leaves will turn yellow and die off. begin to increase dark period at start of flush. every day increase dark period by 30 minutes till dark period is 15 hours. They will get stupid fat and finish nice.

you want to get from 5% to 30% amber trichomes when you harvest, the choice is yours when to harvest. harvesting is based on the strain and when it is taken to determine what effects you are looking for. harvesting early is associated with a more energetic high, harvesting later is associated with a sedative effect or "couch lock"

Smoke2J's 2 of the plants have pretty dense buds but the rest are starting to get denser. So I took you up on your method and yesterday after making sure tricomes were right color, I changed out nute solution and switched it with pure water. I also set the light to go off 30 minutes earlier (increments of 30 only) and will continue to lower this every 2 days. Should I be pulling off leaves as they die off? Does 2 weeks sound about right to flush for?

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom