THC Bomb in 2x3 Tent w/Rainforest - LED - SCROG Gregoryhhh Grow Journal

gregoryhhh

420 Member
Can someone who knows grows look at these 4 1/2 week old plants and tell me what they look like and critique this grow in any way please?

THC Bomb Feminized Seeds (rated "well higher than 20% THC" and 7-9 week flower
1 HydroGrow Sol2 100 watt LED system (2x3ft at 12")
2x3x5 Grow Tent
Gen Hydro Rainforest 66
Gen Hydro Rapid Rooters
Gen Hydro Flora Mirco and Flora Bloom @1-2 per the Lucas Formula (8mlMicro & 16ml Bloom per gal)
Boost Buddy CO2 Boost Bucket with pump system

The 5 seeds were placed in the dark, in a cup of water for 24 hours, and then were germinated with the paper towel procedure. When they became seedlings (the 2nd set of leaves) in the Rapid Rooters 6 days later, the Rapid Rooters were placed in the hydrotron of five of the six 6" cups in the Rainforest 66, and the lights, the CO2, and the Rainforest were all up and gleefully running 24 hours a day. The canopy was kept at 81.5 (+- 1.5) using a small room heater with thermostat which was hanging up next to the lights; the CO2 blows directly over the canopy, and the tent is sealed as tight during the light, as it is during the dark cycle; the water was kept at 69 to 74 degrees; the humidity was never higher than 71, and a low of 56, but most of the time in the 60's. I live in San Francisco and when the humidity here is in the 90's, my tent and ladies are at 70. With Ph, i've accordioned it from 5.3 to 6.1 to 5.3, but since flowering it's been at 5.4 to 5.8 and a lot of time (as any dictionary defines 'lot' as 'group', would it not be fitting to say "a large lot" instead of "a lot"?) anyway, a large lot of the time the Ph has been at 5.5-5.6.

Here are some pictures and a 54 second video (when i figure out how to upload a video) of my THC Bomb grow at 4 1/2 weeks old (from seedling). The top of the screen is 8" from the base of the plant and is made of 1/2 inch PVC pipe, the approximate 2x2' holes in the screen is string i wrapped around the PVC. Since this is my first grow, i didnt know what the girls should look like, but i've seen other journals and this young group of 5 plants looks good to this virgin grower. (i give credit to the Rainforest 66, and the dynamite Sol2 LED lights 12 inches away, the quite specific air/water/ temp/ ph, hum balance and extra CO2)

wide_view_4wk.JPG

ruler_at_pvc.jpg
Under_view_removal_foliage.JPG
4_week_31.JPG
photo1a.jpg
4_week_21.JPG
4_week_31.JPG

foliage_cuttings_bunch.JPG
Undr_view_of2.JPG
4_Wk_pruned_1_plant.JPG
Undrview_wide.JPG

My THC Bomb ladies are 52 days old today, 33 of those days were spent vegging 24 hours a day, and they have been flowering (at 12/12) for 19 days. Today the 52nd day, i see the first pistols. I began the scog training and flowering one day after the massive defoliation of growth beneath the screen immediately after the above video was shot of my grow at 4 1/2 weeks (33 days).( i would do the defoliation, scrog height, and flowering differently next time) - flowering uses less than 1/3 the water vegging did, and growth has slowed considerably. (though how much of that is due to the massive defoliation ?) Be that as it may, this is my first grow and first scrog, and i am happy with what i am learning, and how the girls are growing. I figure another 2 or 3 grows of the same strain or clone of it will be what i need in order to grow great bud. eh?

Here's more past and present pictures (to be con't . . . )

Re: THC Bomb in 2x3 tent w/Rainforest, LED, SCROG gregoryhhh grow journal

subscribed.your plants look good, please show us the tops of the flowering plants. you want 18/6 18 hours of light and 6 hours of darkness for vegetative growth, after i read a thread on root growth Vs lighting schedule where roots grow the longest at 16 hours of light and 8 hours of darkness i switched my vegetative plants to 18/6. 18/6 was not tested.

does light penetrate the "white lid" on your grow-container? that's the only thing I see that could be a problem, be sure no light can get to your reservoir & roots, they should be in pitch black environment, looks great!!

no light on roots - this rainforest 66 is modeled on the Ein Gedi system developed in Israel, spraying a section of the roots with oxygenated nutes water and the rest of the long roots swimming in cool nute water. They brag that the Los Alamos National Laboratory and the Argonne National Laboratory both use it for scientific research.

I'm a little further along in my grow than i've shared so far. I've had 19 days already since i defoliated and switched to flowering at 12/12 (that's 52 days since seedling, 33 of which were vegging) I will catch up my journal this w/e and i'll be sure to include pics of the top of the canopy and the tops of the branches (i just saw my first pistols on day 51). The pictures so far are all at 4 1/2 weeks old. Um, thanks for looking in. Say, uh, King John C, say hello to my cousin Danny in Brockton or my Aunt in Hamilton or my Aunt and Uncle in Toronto -if you see them :)
gregory

I aim to catch up on this journal this w/e, am now in day 52 today, and the first 33 days was vegging - and thats what you see in all the pictures is day 33. There is very little maintenance, my ph has been at 5.5 for 8 days in a row and it's only used 2 gallons of water in 18 days. The only deficiency i have seen that was all self remedied (the plants not me) was some spots, i guess some mold too, two or three malformed leaves but mostly nice and crispy green and well formed. The 17 gal reservoir water is the same color as it was when i first mixed the nutes - see through and a wonderful view of the long strong white roots of the 5 plants . Thanks for helping.

Re: THC Bomb in 2x3 Tent w/Rainforest, LED, SCROG Gregoryhhh Grow Journal

I wish i knew how to put this journal into the completed journals section. This THC Bomb grow had a minor harvest . The scrog was not fittingly horizontal, i am beginning my third grow in a few days with same setup except it is 4feminized blue dream seeds. AND i know much more now.

Thanks for sharing your grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

In the future, whenever you complete a journal, please use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post, so we can be alerted to move it for you.

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom