Widowsnest Soil Dark Angel Dwarf Low Flyer - Black Dog Phytomax 2 200 Mars Eco 49

Love watching your grow.... I like to see what my dwarfs would have been if they would have had the chance to finish. I did top one of them though.

:thumb:
Thanks Bonsaiweed.
I just checked my notes and they were only 2-3 inches tall when they started to show flowers on day 20. If they’d been topped I’d be growing nuggets lol.
I made the mistake of starting them off in seedling pots and transplanting them. I know now that they were already in flower at that point but just not showing it. This probably contributed to their stunted growth.
It’ll be neat to see how this second round goes with everything I’ve learned from the first round.

Thanks Bonsaiweed.
I just checked my notes and they were only 2-3 inches tall when they started to show flowers on day 20. If they’d been topped I’d be growing nuggets lol.
I made the mistake of starting them off in seedling pots and transplanting them. I know now that they were already in flower at that point but just not showing it. This probably contributed to their stunted growth.
It’ll be neat to see how this second round goes with everything I’ve learned from the first round.
I topped on at day 16 or so, and she didn't even slow down. Her shoots just started growing like she had something to prove. I think they would still produce well with a topping, but I have more seeds when I get a chance to try them again.

Here comes Day 43!

Hope you’re all set up for tomorrow:ganjamon:

The Dwarf seedlings started pushing up yesterday but started showing their leaves today.
Well kind of. This guys still a little stuck in his shell. It takes everything in me not to help it, I must resist the urge.

I’ve added the second T5 to give them more encouragement.
The first Dwarfs I grew were started in seedling cups and were then transplanted. These went straight into their forever homes, hopefully this gives me some more height this time around.
I have a small problem on my mature Dwarfs. Thinking the start of Calmag deficiency.
Most of the pistils on the larger plant have somehow gone from white to brown in the last 12 hours. I’m going to check tricomes tomorrow and will probably start the flush next water.
I’m going to let these turn mostly amber before I harvest. Want that heavy sleepy smoke.

The Dark Angels are still very healthy. I gave everything water today as they all seemed happy but didn’t need to be pushed any harder.
I gave them a little defoliation to let some light into the middle of the plants and to unblock some branches. They are growing in so thick. I’ve decided to wait up to another week to do the switch. I was doing 4 x 3 gallon pots the last two times. I underestimated the time it would take these to fill in even as quickly as they’re growing.
We’ll be back tomorrow with another update and to spread the love on our very special day.
:yahoo:
You can remove thier jackets / shell of not pooping off to help them . There are. People who feel of you dot help remove jackets or slow and stunts and stresses plant at early age not good . Then thee is the other side of grass where they say Kellogg on your Giving it tough love early on? So hmm bit I always go the first way less stress is the. Way I choose ✊

Definitely will be following this grow hoping to learn a lil something. I bought some royal dwarf seeds from royal queen. Without knowing a thing about autos
Ask away man I’m here to help two years growing autos

I topped on at day 16 or so, and she didn't even slow down. Her shoots just started growing like she had something to prove. I think they would still produce well with a topping, but I have more seeds when I get a chance to try them again.
Autos love to be topped between days 14-21 or thirds of fourth node. If your on a second node and it’s been 22 days good luck . They are on time cycles and do what they want when they want little unmanageable but Great way to learn✊

Also autos never need to go less 800-900 ppm in FYI they don’t require as much nutes as day females eithier

Today is day 49, day 3 after the switch.
The toddlers are doing well even though ones dramatically outgrowing the other.
They are going on day 10 from seeds going in the water. I count it this way so I know how much time a strain needs from the day I pick up the seed until the day I chop it down, for when I grow it again. It makes it much easier to time plants coming out of one tent and going into another, and to maximize use of space.
The bigger girls have been given a large amount of RO water. I didn’t have time for a proper flush today, that’ll happen in two days.
I won’t bore you with another picture of the Dark Angels today. They’ve already been tucked into the screen. I’ll post one tomorrow when they’re all perked up again.
That’s it for now. Thanks for reading :cool:

As promised here’s Day 50 picture of the Dark Angels before I tucked them.
I’m not sure if the bottom 2 plants will be able to help fill in the top corners but they’ll be close. I should have pruned more leaves down below during veg. The vegetation is so thick that it’s getting hard to tuck. I’m only removing leaves right now if I absolutely have to, not to stress the plant.
My first SCROG I trained too much and the colas ended up too short. The second time I lost control and they ended up too long. This time they’ll be just right. I hope :)

Day 51/ 5
Day 12 for seedlings

The little ones are still doing their thing. The little sprout has finally picked up the pace.

The other Dwarfs on day 51 continue to surprise me. They Keep packing on weight. I couldn’t flush them today because they didn’t need the water so I’ll get them tomorrow.

The Dark Angels are still filling in their screen. They got fed today. A bit more than half strength Sensi Grow A and B, Calmag, Voodoo, and B52.
I don’t think I’m going to have to train them much longer before letting them go. The penetration on my light is good and even the lower, usually popcorn buds, on my last grow were tight and crystal packed.

No pics today but the Dwarfs finally got their flush. My drill pump cracked as soon as I started to pump the runoff out of the tray. I never liked the thing anyways. I found some clear tubing (so I wouldn’t end up drinking the nasty) and siphoned away. Well what do you know? That worked 10 times better than the crappy pump. I could continue to flush my plants while the runoff was being drained into a container. I love to keep things simple but I’m definitely guilty of overthinking this one. Lesson learned :)

Dark Angels Day 53/7
The girls have been on their flower period for a week now. I suspect they’ll start showing their flowers in the next few days. The SCROG is almost full, one or two more days and I’m going to let them run free. They’re getting thirsty. 4 litres each of 1/2 strength Sensi Bloom A and B, and B52.
I have to shuffle the lights around tomorrow on the Dwarf Low Flyers, the seedlings need a bit more oomph. More pics on their way!

My seedlings were going to need some more light soon so I shuffled things around in the tent. Here’s a before and after of the setup.

I lowered the Mars Eco 49 and moved the 2-T5HO lights over for the larger plant. I replaced one of the full spectrum bulbs with a red one.
The 4 - T5 light is now over the young plants. I watered them yesterday with 1/8th strength Sensi Grow A and B, B52 and 1/2 strength Voodoo. They really responded well and the difference since last night is notable. I don’t want to over do it and they’ll get straight water next round.
15 days ago you were a seed in a cup of water. This round of Dwarfs is definitely growing quicker than the last.

The older Dwarfs are on day 54 now. They are still growing and are showing no signs of slowing down, but it’s coming. The one that had the nitrogen problem is starting to mature a bit quicker now.
I can’t wait to taste these girls.
:thanks:

Dark Angels - Day 55/9
The girls got a little bit of water today to get them through until their big water tomorrow. I trained them a bit after I took this picture.
The screen is now about %95 full and the girls are just starting to show their flowers. Unless a branch decides to make a run for it I’m done with the training. The next task is a heavy defoliation (this canopy is thick) at day 21. Other than that all I have to do is keep these girls alive for another 8 weeks. Sounds easy enough...right? ;)

Everyone got some straight ph’d water today. The next water for the Dark Angels will be a flush ending with the start of the bloom nutrients.
The Dwarflings are 17 days old and are much larger at this point than the first two I did. Not so much in the height but in the width of the plant and the thickness of the fan leaves. This shows how much I stunted them by transplanting the last ones. There is also one large and one small phenotype just like the first round.

The mature girls just keep on going right through day 56. Both plants buds are still stacking it on. The smaller one will have leafy, lower quality buds. The larger one has really filled in and is dense all the way up.

I really like photoperiod plants because of the control you have over the size and shape but I really wish I had tried autos sooner. They’re just a good plant to keep you busy and amused when you have a small grow. Plus you can add a lot of variety to your supply.
That’s it for today, thanks for following along!
:high-five:

The Dark Angels have been coming along nicely since their switch 11 days ago.
They are starting to stand tall and reach for the light. I haven’t moved the light up at all since I acclimated them when they first went into the tent. I will have to start rising it soon, it’s at 17 inches now. I’ve noticed that bleaching occurs with this light at 14 inches.
The canopy is growing in fairly evenly. I would’ve liked a bit of more height in the corners and sides but it’ll be okay.
The flowers are starting to push through so I’ll start bloom nutrients tomorrow.
I’m not sure but I think I’ll top the larger young Dwarf tomorrow. This way the smaller one will have a chance to catch up. See you then!

I was halfway done doing my mini flush on my Dark Angels and the power went out.
I threw a couple flashlights in my tents so the girls would still think it was daytime and finished with the watering.
I think the power was out for 6 hours but I’m not sure. I just know that I woke up at 4 am for some reason (probably my paternal instinct) and it was back on. The girls are doing fine, more updates tonight!

Back
Top Bottom