Widowsnest Soil Dark Angel Dwarf Low Flyer - Black Dog Phytomax 2 200 Mars Eco 49

Hey Widows, You got some nice set up there and beautiful girls! I'm a believer in the heavy defoliation too. Two of my grows have had super results going that way. Earlier you mentioned you did it at 21 days. Do you defoliate in veg before switching to flower?
I don’t usually defoliate in veg unless there’s a leaf really blocking some branches from coming up. I might have to do some with the Dark Angels though as they have a very thick canopy.

Got my screen for the SCROG assembled today. Just 4 lengths of 1/2 inch PVC with 4 elbows pushed together. I used some bird netting as screening and zip ties to attach them. The squares are 1.5x3 inches. I’d need larger squares if I hadn’t topped the plants twice as the leaves end up too large and it gets hard to tuck them under.

I’ll give an update on the girls later tonight. They’re looking very nice!

Here we go Day 39!
Welcome back everyone. Everything’s growing like crazy and is as happy as can be.
The Dark Angels have rebounded very quickly from their topping. The new growth is coming in quickly and looking healthy.
Last night I fed them each 4 litres of water with a half strength dose of Sensi Grow A and B, and B52.
I will set up my SCROG tomorrow and flip to flower in a couple of days.

The Dwarf Low Flyers have done really well with the addition of the Mars Eco 49. Just compare them to a week and a half ago. The final stretch seems to be over and the buds are really fattening up.
The taller plant is almost 11 inches tall and the smaller one is just over 8. They are small but they have sweet smelling buds from tip to toe.
I fed them tonight with 1/4 strength Sensi Bloom B, 1/16 Strength Bloom A, and 1/4 strength Overdrive. I still don’t want to overdo it on the Nitrogen so that’s why I used so little of the Bloom A.

I’ve found writing this journal for others to be both enjoyable and inspiring. The help and encouragement I’ve received in the short time I’ve been here is really appreciated. being able to pass my knowledge on to others has also given me more confidence in my abilities.
So Thanks :thanks:

And with that I’m excited to announce that I’ve popped my other 2 Dwarf Low Flyers tonight to keep things going.

Welcome to Day 40
Nothing exciting really today. Well maybe something a little exciting but we’ll get to that at the end.

The Dark Angels got their SCROG today and 2 of them took some more water. Two more days and they’ll start their second half of their journey.
One of the girls is showing nitrogen excess. The leaves are glossy and the texture of the leaf is boldly defined.

The Dwarfs are carrying on doing their thing. The seeds that started soaking yesterday have been moved after 16 hours into a ceramic baking dish with paper towel. Both seeds had already cracked. They are now tucked in until tomorrow at 24C. They have been started now so they can finish before my DA’s.

Now for the exciting part. Seedsman started their 420 promo sale today. I ended up with 14 strains which should last me a year. Bought 16, got 39. Got my usual favourites but I’m thinkinkg my next journal will be Royal Gorilla and Auto Jack ;)

That’s it for now. Tomorrow the Dwarfs should be getting potted so see you then!

Welcome to Day 40
Nothing exciting really today. Well maybe something a little exciting but we’ll get to that at the end.

The Dark Angels got their SCROG today and 2 of them took some more water. Two more days and they’ll start their second half of their journey.
One of the girls is showing nitrogen excess. The leaves are glossy and the texture of the leaf is boldly defined.

The Dwarfs are carrying on doing their thing. The seeds that started soaking yesterday have been moved after 16 hours into a ceramic baking dish with paper towel. Both seeds had already cracked. They are now tucked in until tomorrow at 24C. They have been started now so they can finish before my DA’s.

Now for the exciting part. Seedsman started their 420 promo sale today. I ended up with 14 strains which should last me a year. Bought 16, got 39. Got my usual favourites but I’m thinkinkg my next journal will be Royal Gorilla and Auto Jack ;)

That’s it for now. Tomorrow the Dwarfs should be getting potted so see you then!
You need to bounce over to the seed buyer thread in the grow lounge and post your purchase. We are comparing the deals we got.

Here:

Seed Buyers Anonymous

Hello again!
So after being tucked in for 30 hrs the second round of Dwarfs have developed their tap roots.
They’ve gone into 3 gallon pots with my usual 5/2 ratio of Promix organic and perlite. They are covered with water bottles and have a full spectrum T5HO over them.
There is another T5HO that can be added when it is needed. There’s also lots of extra light bouncing around the tent from the older girls on the other side.
It’s going to be neat watching young plants grow as others fully mature next to each other. I’m liking these autoflowers.

That’s it for today. Hope you’re all ready for 420! Have a good one.

Here comes Day 43!

Hope you’re all set up for tomorrow:ganjamon:

The Dwarf seedlings started pushing up yesterday but started showing their leaves today.
Well kind of. This guys still a little stuck in his shell. It takes everything in me not to help it, I must resist the urge.

I’ve added the second T5 to give them more encouragement.
The first Dwarfs I grew were started in seedling cups and were then transplanted. These went straight into their forever homes, hopefully this gives me some more height this time around.
I have a small problem on my mature Dwarfs. Thinking the start of Calmag deficiency.
Most of the pistils on the larger plant have somehow gone from white to brown in the last 12 hours. I’m going to check tricomes tomorrow and will probably start the flush next water.
I’m going to let these turn mostly amber before I harvest. Want that heavy sleepy smoke.

The Dark Angels are still very healthy. I gave everything water today as they all seemed happy but didn’t need to be pushed any harder.
I gave them a little defoliation to let some light into the middle of the plants and to unblock some branches. They are growing in so thick. I’ve decided to wait up to another week to do the switch. I was doing 4 x 3 gallon pots the last two times. I underestimated the time it would take these to fill in even as quickly as they’re growing.
We’ll be back tomorrow with another update and to spread the love on our very special day.
:yahoo:

My first (online) Journal

More about me: Hello & Thanks

So here we go. I know what some of you might be thinking. It’s not a Black Dog vs Mars Eco thing or a comparison. Just maximizing the space of my veg tent by adding some autoflowers and needed a lower power LED light. The Black Dog is just for the big girls. Couldn’t really find any legit grows on the newish Mars light so decided to piggy back it on the journal to provide you with some insight.

What strain is it: Crop King Dark Angel x3
Dwarf Low Ryder Autoflower x2
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid:
DA 50/50
DLF 70/20/10
Is it in Veg or Flower stage:
I’m starting this journal a bit late. Day 25 from seed going into water. DA’s still vegging, DLF has been in flower for 2 weeks.

Growing indoors in soil
Promix organic mixed 5:2 with perlite.
DA’s and DLF’s both start in 2 inch seedling squares. DLF’s transplanted into 3 gallon smart pots after 8 days.
DA’s transplanted into 3.5 squares after 8 days. Topped 8 days later then transplanted to 5.5 squares 4 days ago. Would’ve gone to 5 gallon instead but was lacking the lighting for both strains to thrive, which hopefully I have now.
Up until today both DarkAngels and Dwarf Low Flyers have been a few inches under a 4 x 2ft t5 LED full spectrum light. I also added an additional red spectrum 2ft t5ho for the Dwarfs. Today the Mars ECO 49 was added for the 2 autoflowers.
Tomorrow the 3 DarkAngels go into their flower room under the Black Dog LED Phytomax 2 200.
The propagation tent is a Secret Jardin DP 90 3x2x3. The Flower tent is a Gorilla Grow Tent 2x2.5x6. The whole room is ventilated buy a carbon filter and 4 inch inline fan with variable speed switch set to low. Half the air is pumped back into the DP90 for airflow with an oscillating fan. My grow room is in an insulated cold storage. I’ve built the room up to be as efficient as possible so the less heat I pump outside the better. I would love to eventually start running CO2 as I feel the cost would be offset by the heat I’m currently pumping outside just to keep the air fresh for my girls. The gorilla tent is vented into the room with plenty of air circulation inside.

Temps in the DP90 are 28C day 23C night(rh %55). The girls in the flower tent run at 26C during the day and 23C at night(rh %40).

Using Advanced Nutrients PH perfect Sensi Grow, Sensi Bloom, Voodoo, B52, Big Bud, and Overdrive with Sensi CalMag and Revive on hand just in case. Using RO water that is PH 6.2.

No problems with pests in this room yet. I think the ambient 8C temperature in the cold storage leading up to the room deters a lot of of potential problems. Not to say I don’t take precautions and make sure the perimeter is locked down.
Only issue I’ve encounter was about a week ago with my DA’s that turned out to be a CalMag deficiency which has since turned around.

Brown spots - Can’t narrow down problem

I’m watering both plant right now every 3 days with half the recommended strength nutrients. Currently using Sensi Grow and B52 on the DA’s with some LST. And Sensi Bloom with B52 and Big Bud on the autoflowers.

I think that about covers it. Please let me know if I missed anything and any advice or constructive criticism is welcome. Thanks for checking my journal out and I hope you enjoy what comes. I’ll give some more details and a run down on the Mar Eco 49 tomorrow. Here’s a peek at my Crop King White Widow under the Black Dog getting chopped tomorrow.

First off I hope by now someone has mentioned to you bay Sarah from mar hydro is a representative for them and mars is a sponsor here I believe still so they have a thread called mars hydro help . Do you need it ?

I can search to up for you

Hello again!
So after being tucked in for 30 hrs the second round of Dwarfs have developed their tap roots.
They’ve gone into 3 gallon pots with my usual 5/2 ratio of Promix organic and perlite. They are covered with water bottles and have a full spectrum T5HO over them.
There is another T5HO that can be added when it is needed. There’s also lots of extra light bouncing around the tent from the older girls on the other side.
It’s going to be neat watching young plants grow as others fully mature next to each other. I’m liking these autoflowers.

That’s it for today. Hope you’re all ready for 420! Have a good one.
You know what I’m going to start to do I think is mist the inside of those cups over the sprout there . Put like a drip of cal mag in spray bottle with two water de chlorined sat out for 24 hr min. Anyways mix that one drip into sprayer bottle that gives most option as spray feature and just spray the inside of cups even ? Not every time but here and there ? We can hopefully get it to adapt faster the to nutrient or cal mag at a younger age? Like a child learns as acts a cannabis plant on veg in this case here in picture they ain’t even kids they are babies we need to be carful with how hard we hard u til they mature up abit then get tougher with them . I dunno I’m lit happy 420 bro sorry took me long to read up . Lots of subs watched journals these days due to aweosme growers caring liek you do to learn . Have I asked you if you heard about tip speaking by light Addict or. Docs bud washing ? Things to look into I believe firmly that if you spend extra time and love for your fruits then you maximize its potential . Things to mention in case happy 420 again :ganjamon::420::ganjamon:

Here we go Day 39!
Welcome back everyone. Everything’s growing like crazy and is as happy as can be.
The Dark Angels have rebounded very quickly from their topping. The new growth is coming in quickly and looking healthy.
Last night I fed them each 4 litres of water with a half strength dose of Sensi Grow A and B, and B52.
I will set up my SCROG tomorrow and flip to flower in a couple of days.

The Dwarf Low Flyers have done really well with the addition of the Mars Eco 49. Just compare them to a week and a half ago. The final stretch seems to be over and the buds are really fattening up.
The taller plant is almost 11 inches tall and the smaller one is just over 8. They are small but they have sweet smelling buds from tip to toe.
I fed them tonight with 1/4 strength Sensi Bloom B, 1/16 Strength Bloom A, and 1/4 strength Overdrive. I still don’t want to overdo it on the Nitrogen so that’s why I used so little of the Bloom A.

I’ve found writing this journal for others to be both enjoyable and inspiring. The help and encouragement I’ve received in the short time I’ve been here is really appreciated. being able to pass my knowledge on to others has also given me more confidence in my abilities.
So Thanks :thanks:

And with that I’m excited to announce that I’ve popped my other 2 Dwarf Low Flyers tonight to keep things going.
Sweet I’ve always been curious to see how those so low flyers. Hmm cool man

Happy 420 to all!

Just a quick update today as I’m ummmm, very busy.
I finally gave into the urge today and helped the little seedling shed her helmet.
The other sprout is doing fine but she’s so small.
I checked the trichomes on my most mature Dwarfs and they are pretty milky but no amber yet. I want to wait a few waters before flush. My leaf issue has intensified today so I treated for Calmag deficiency.
Did some more tucking on the Dark Angels, I can’t believe how thick the foliage is.
That’s it. Like I said short and sweet. Please give me some help on the Dwarf, I need to solve this before I flush or else all the leaves will go quick.
I don’t really expect an answer today guys lol. Enjoy yourselves tonight. :rollit:

First off I hope by now someone has mentioned to you bay Sarah from mar hydro is a representative for them and mars is a sponsor here I believe still so they have a thread called mars hydro help . Do you need it ?

I can search to up for you
Thanks Kingjoe83,
I’ve been on the Mars thread a bit showing smokesara what I’ve been doing. I’m still pretty new to this and finding my way around. I appreciate the help.

Thanks Kingjoe83,
I’ve been on the Mars thread a bit showing smokesara what I’ve been doing. I’m still pretty new to this and finding my way around. I appreciate the help.
Any help please ask I can get you an army if I can’t help you solve issues let’s make your life less stressed and easy going well your here .

You know what I’m going to start to do I think is mist the inside of those cups over the sprout there . Put like a drip of cal mag in spray bottle with two water de chlorined sat out for 24 hr min. Anyways mix that one drip into sprayer bottle that gives most option as spray feature and just spray the inside of cups even ? Not every time but here and there ? We can hopefully get it to adapt faster the to nutrient or cal mag at a younger age? Like a child learns as acts a cannabis plant on veg in this case here in picture they ain’t even kids they are babies we need to be carful with how hard we hard u til they mature up abit then get tougher with them . I dunno I’m lit happy 420 bro sorry took me long to read up . Lots of subs watched journals these days due to aweosme growers caring liek you do to learn . Have I asked you if you heard about tip speaking by light Addict or. Docs bud washing ? Things to look into I believe firmly that if you spend extra time and love for your fruits then you maximize its potential . Things to mention in case happy 420 again :ganjamon::420::ganjamon:
Funny you say that cause I misted the inside of the cups yesterday then remembered that it was a diluted Calmag solution from a few days ago. I won’t do it again lol but it shouldn’t hurt.

Here’s it is, the Day 45 summary :hug:

The Dark Angels are filling in nicely. I’ve been tucking and pinching off the odd leaf here and there.
They were fed 1/2 strength Sensi Grow, B52, and 1/4 strength Calmag. I’m going to flip them tomorrow as the screen Should fill the rest of the way during the stretch.

There’s still at least a couple of weeks to go until the Dwarfs are done so the got 1/4 strength Sensi Bloom, B52, Overdrive, and 1/8 Calmag.
The kids are doing alright. The helmet girl has forgotten her rough start and is trying to live the best life she can. I’ve removed their bottles from over them for a few hours yesterday and then took them off completely today.
That’s it for now. Hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend :theband:

Definitely will be following this grow hoping to learn a lil something. I bought some royal dwarf seeds from royal queen. Without knowing a thing about autos
These are my first autos too. I’m having so much fun growing them. The Dwarfs just pop up and mature into such cute little colas so fast that they’re a joy to watch!

So today the Dark Angels got flipped . They’re filling up their screen pretty quickly. Lots of tucking as I’m trying to train them to fill in the corners which shouldn’t be a problem once the stretch starts.

Both sets of Dwarfs are still motoring on. Not too much to be done today so I built a strip to mount my T5’s on with some spare stuff I had laying around. I also got a few more sets of rope ratchets to make things easier.
I’ll give you all some more pics of the girls tomorrow. See ya later!

Welcome back all! I hope you’re having a good day.

Today is Day 47 and the first day of flower for my 3 Dark Angels. I’m glad I’ve kept them at 1/2 strength nutrients up until now. I’m sure they could handle more but I would lose control of my SCROG.
Just to compare here is them 4 days ago:
And here they are today after I’ve tucked and moved all the branches:
I think I’m going to run out of room :oops:

The flowering Dwarfs are two very different phenotypes.
There’s the large lady (a whole foot tall) whose buds are dense from bottom to top with most trichomes cloudy and the rest amber. The majority of her hair is brown. She also has 4 side branches presenting you with a generous bud.
The second has seemed to suffer from a nitrogen issue throughout adulthood. She has no side branches and has a leafy bud up and down her stalk. The trichomes are cloudy but her hairs are all still white. The bud just never filled in. She’s a couple inches shorter than her sister and I’m estimating that she’ll yield 75% less.
They both got their last nutrients today at 1/4 strength.

The young Dwarfs are just 8 days from seed but still chugging along.
Helmet head has become the big sister despite her tough start.
They both got water today with 1/8 strength Voodoo juice for their roots.
That’s it for now, have a great night. Time to start the bedtime routine.
:yummy:

Love watching your grow.... I like to see what my dwarfs would have been if they would have had the chance to finish. I did top one of them though.

:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom