Woman Accused of Trying to Sell Pot to Undercover Cop

revolution - a sudden, complete or marked change in something, a pervasive change in society and the social structure

Dammed ! I guess when you get down to it. This is a revolution... Of Americans waking up to the facts ... I think Lincoln said it best with quote that "You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time." I don't think that we are fooled anymore... But let"s not turn it into Animal farm this time around... :peace:

If marijuana dispensaries should not have to obtain the necessary permits and licenses no other business should be required to do so. If I want to open a shoe shine stand I need the proper licenses and permits. If you don't like the rules of licenses and permits you are free to leave the country. Perhaps business licenses are not required in Mexico.
If you don't like the fact the woman was arrested after committing a crime you are free to pay her legal fees.

You're just trolling for an argument. You're not gonna get it from me. I said that the government should stay out of business as much as possible. I didn't single any one business out. I noted, although indirectly, that some businesses need to be inspected because of public health or safety issues, and I think the additional licensing or permitting is OK, if there's a cost to the community associated with the additional effort.

I'm very happy living in the United States of America. I have no intention of leaving, especially if it will make it easier for Law Enforcement and other people who benefit from Cannabis restrictions to push their agendas.

Your arguments are getting ridiculous. Just because I don't like paying extra fees for my business I should move to Mexico, and because I disagree with the laws against Cannabis I should pay her legal fees? Ludicrous. <<It means laughably absurd.

This was in Ohio. They try to stick you for everything over here.

1000ft is a pretty damn large distance when you're talking about city planning. To slap that restriction on a dispensary is madness. In my hometown, you must pass a drug store that sells liquor and cigs to get in to the school buildings.

Furkin' insane if you ask me.:bong:

Can you read? I never said you "should" pay her legal fees I said "you are free to pay her legal fees." Nor did I say you "should" move to Mexico I said' "you are free to Move to Mexico."
The lady committed a crime against the city.
In November legalized marijuana for all over 21 will be on our(California) ballot. If you don't like the current laws VOTE!! If you don't live in California get it on your ballot.

I supported medical marijuana but the movement has been hijacked by criminals who have opened illegal dispensaries and who commit tax evasion.

honestone said:

i can find nothing in this story where she imposed her will on anyone.

i have just 1 more ? for you honestone

Have you ever purchased cannabis from someone other than a tax paying dispensary?

This is off topic somewhat but its a true story. In 1991 I was heading to my own wedding rehearsal to the church. My best friend and I decided to head out early and burn before the rest of the party showed up at the church. So here we are sitting in our car in a dark church parking lot. I had just picked up a 1/2 oz and was rolling a fattie. Frisbee in hand and 1/2 of the bag on the frisbee. Detective is parked in the same lot.....hmmm whats he doing in a church parking lot? To make a long story short he inspects the bud and seemed happy with it...where its from etc. I tell him my family is bout 15 mins behind us and imgetting married tomorrow. He laughs and pockets the bud. BTW the church is next to a school. My family rolls in as he rolls out..talk bout dumb luck all the way around. I guess the moral is we have bad laws,good cops,bad cops and I got really lucky

Business licenses and permits are not expensive. It will not cause a marijuana dispensary or any business financial hardship to purchase them.
No matter what your opinion she did something illegal by selling pot in Ohio where it is not legal and selling it in a school zone. She attempted to sell the pot to the police officer who doesn't want it.
I have purchased marijuana from illegal dispensaries before I knew they were illegal. I also purchased marijuana from Organica before they were raided and had issues with the IRS. I now have no need for dispensaries as I have plenty.

honestone said:
I have purchased marijuana from illegal dispensaries before I knew they were illegal.

Ignorantia legis neminem excusat - a legal principle holding that a person who is unaware of a law may not escape liability for violating that law merely because he or she was unaware of its content.

honestone said:
so did you

i guess you will be turning yourself in now. after all, your an admitted criminal who supports the illegal underground cannabis trade ... :peace:

On your way to the police station, make sure you don't roll through any stop signs or exceed the speed limit by even one mile per hour, and for goodness sake, use your turn signals. I WILL NOT pay your fines or legal fees buddy.

So when I sell something at my yard sale I should pay taxes on it... while we are at it lets throw the Avon lady and Amway people in jail to... For one, this happen in a home not a business. I would think it happen behind close doors. So what business is it to anybody else. When I see 1000 feet I think of a political hot button that means to me " Lets get the pitchforks out and keep a eye on this place because its evil.... Keep the children safe I know that they are going to corrupt them if not kept at least 1000 feet away from them and people will vote for me because I will screw anyone to get a vote... "Thank God for the internet, where we can learn and debate the truth... I see a whole new world coming just because of a simple god made non poisonous plant... That has shown a light on how small minded and full of pity our society has become. to throw people into jails for marijuana... We should be progressing not regressing... The one big reason that a lot of these collectives are opening without permits is that their are a lot of old time politics going on thinking that we are not smart enough to judge for ourselves and they think that they know better than the 56% of the voters of California and use cheesy laws to forbid them. So this is the collectives way of getting medicine to the people by not letting them know that they exist and giving them a chance to close them down just like the Booze halls of prohibition era where kept a secret... I like the new law that they are using to shut down collectives. " It's illegal because of the federal law." Where is the separation of state and federal law...?. I think this was settle in the San Diego and Riverside lawsuits and the city of Garden Grove Supreme court response and State Supreme court ruling on Kelly Verses San Diego that says that their is a separation of state and federal law and you just can't change a law because you do not agree with it... So all of the idiots who are hiding behind this law be ready to explain why you spent so much money on a dead point When sensible people stand up for their rights and challenge these senseless laws. the list can go on... :peace:

honestone, sorry i set you up man. ya see, i knew the answers you were going to give me before you even posted your replys, and i was ready for ya.
i dont think your a criminal, even with an admission of multiple illegal cannabis purchases. but at the same time, i dont think the people of ohio who make illegal cannabis purchases are criminals either. they are just people who have to live with unjust cannabis laws, but, i guess their always free to move to mexico.

im done with this thread now, and yes, i know what your next reply is going to be, and yes, im ready for it. but life is to short to beat on a dead horse.

After I realized the dispensary did not have the proper permits I informed city council. I admitted to them I purchased marijuana. I wonder how many people have been to dispensaries who do not have the proper permits.

The sale of personal property does not require either a business license or a resale license. She made $135 from the sale of her personal stash. Figure out the income tax on that, and you'll see that she doesn't owe anything to the city, and in fact did no damage to the city with her actions. So where is the crime? She broke a rule, but she is no criminal. What is criminal is what the city is doing to her for needing that $135. That is what is sinful, evil, and damaging, not that she sold a little of her medicine in order to buy food for herself and/or her family, pay an overdue bill, pay the deductible before seeing a doctor (or paying the whole thing if she has no insurance), etc...

The City has committed a crime against Her, not the other way around. And yes, I'm voting the bastards out that uphold such laws--every city council member, every police chief and sheriff, every judge and DA that has profited from Prohibition--you guys are on your way out, and it's happening this year in California. The majority who support legalization goes way over 50% and you're beating a dead horse to think that Prohibition can continue as it has for the last 70 years. It's over. And honestone, there's nothing you can do about it....:peace:

Can you read? I never said you "should" pay her legal fees I said "you are free to pay her legal fees." Nor did I say you "should" move to Mexico I said' "you are free to Move to Mexico."
In November legalized marijuana for all over 21 will be on our(California) ballot. If you don't like the current laws VOTE!! If you don't live in California get it on your ballot.

I supported medical marijuana but the movement has been hijacked by criminals who have opened illegal dispensaries and who commit tax evasion.

wow a crime against the city ? Unreal...smoke a bowl dudes!

This is off topic somewhat but its a true story. In 1991 I was heading to my own wedding rehearsal to the church. My best friend and I decided to head out early and burn before the rest of the party showed up at the church. So here we are sitting in our car in a dark church parking lot. I had just picked up a 1/2 oz and was rolling a fattie. Frisbee in hand and 1/2 of the bag on the frisbee. Detective is parked in the same lot.....hmmm whats he doing in a church parking lot? To make a long story short he inspects the bud and seemed happy with it...where its from etc. I tell him my family is bout 15 mins behind us and imgetting married tomorrow. He laughs and pockets the bud. BTW the church is next to a school. My family rolls in as he rolls out..talk bout dumb luck all the way around. I guess the moral is we have bad laws,good cops,bad cops and I got really lucky

Not so much off topic, Pit--it just begs the question, who was the criminal, you or the officer? :peace:

I am not even surprised that you support a persons decision to sell pot next to a school. No matter what you think the woman was arrested.
Does a website like Weedtracker or potlocator one verify a dispensary has a business license and proper permits before accepting money in exchange for advertising? I do not think prohibition should continue. It is wrong to sell pot within a school zone. You disagree so go to your nearest school and smoke. I dare you!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom