Working Out Stoned?

Nymphetamine

Hey all, I recently picked up the sport boxing and I do two hour conditioning twice a week (which includes running, push ups, crunches, 6 inch killers, etc.), a three minute sparring round, and some running in my own time.

I've often heard that it's easy to over exert yourself when you're high while working out, but I'm thinking of giving it a try in the near future nonetheless.

I was wondering if anyone here works out stoned or has worked out stoned. How was your experience? Did you enjoy it? Why or why not?

Back in my jock days,weed breaks were part of my weightlifting routine. Do a few heavy sets,sneak out back do a couple of quick hits with the steroid boys,and go back to it.

I don't know if it was my level of conditioning then,but I always felt that weed helped immensely with the stiffness lactic acid build-up in my muscles caused and helped with the range of motion while working out.

With running it cuts your oxygen uptake. Smoking anything will. I had a a friend in college who was a elite sprinter. He'd switch to edibles in November for the indoor track season and stay on them to the AAU/International season was over in late August.

The funny thing is there's a regular toker culture amongst the long distance/cross country guys and has been for decades. They're the surfers of the track world.

BTW,we're talking pretty mild weed in those days. I wouldn't go near a set of weights with some of this one hit and quit stuff that's common today. Too easy to get hurt,even with a spotter.

I have always had bad experiences with working out blazed, I always found it very enjoyable and gratifying to toke up after a good hard workout. But I know many people who love to workout high, and wouldn't work out any other way.

i ran stoned, and it sucked. maybe helped with muscle soreness but yeah. seemed to make me more high though? lol. so that was good i guess. doing strength exercises stoned is fun tho... kind of a buzzkill though.

Personally, i would roughly say that smoking before working out reduces you by roughly 40%
But there have also been times where i have performed just as well or better then normal, i'd guess that is just pushing through the laziness- mental discipline.
But i do have a mate who is an elite hurdler, and when he's been baked, he's broken his PB's.

Sometimes when I smoke, I get antsy and want to get out, so if I am feeling no moto, I vape and then see how I feel. Smoking before a long mountain bike ride is great, and even a break in the middle and at the end, if needed. I feel like a machine, moving at light speed through an asteroid field! I need an iolite for that, hate passing hikers and smelling like smoke.

i dont have patients so working out sober gets boring quick but when Im stoned it gives my mind a distraction so my body can get working and I stay entertained

yall should do it if u have no patients

i experimented with this at the school gym in february and im no amazing athlete, but sober i could run about 1.5 miles and walk the last half mile.
i smoked like 2 or 3 blunts with a homie, and went back and was able to run 2.5 miles and walk another half mile in about 45 minutes. I was amazed myself, because of the improvement, i got these results several times later, and it also (as mentioned) helps make me remain alot calmer and patient, its crazy cuz now i wont go running without blowin down at least one.

By my username, you can probably tell I am an avid cyclist. I prefer road riding and mostly train for longer distances and climbing events. Even with the altitude and cardio needed for my riding - I LOVE to get stoned and head out for a ride. I've been known to bring some edibles along to keep the buzz going for the longer rides.

Also - never ceases to amaze me how many people are smoking right after finishing some of these 6-14 hours rides....the movement continues to grow :peace:

Back
Top Bottom