WTH am I doing to kill this plant?

BigDog

Snow White strain from Nirvana, this is my third attempt at growing it. Every single time I have gotten into the middle of flowering, it has started to burn like in the pic. However, the other plants in the batch look fine, it is just the Snow White.

I am feeding the plant the Foxfarms nutrients per the feeding schedule, the plants are in a soil less mix and the nutrient solution is being ph'd to 5.8-6.0.

The plants are being fed on Mondays and Wednesdays, and given ph'd water on Fridays. The environment is around 82F and 50% humidity. The lights are on 12/12.

Here is a pic of one of my two Snow Whites (both plants look the same!):
2011-11-01_17-19-09_768.jpg

here is a pic of the same plant next to a Blue Widow that is being fed from the same solution and looks fine:

2011-11-01_17-19-00_251.jpg

I'm stumped! Should I try feeding it at half strength? Am I missing something? HELP!

Thanks!

I use fox farm organic nuts but for soil. That happened to me and I was told to flush the plant and leave it out of direct light for about 4 days and see how it's looking. if it still needs help after that once it's almost dried out flush again and keep out of direct light... Hope this helps. unfortunately when using a soil less medium there it is harder to save the plant.

Wow my man you are into a late stage of phos..def......if I've every seen one....are you using open sesame?......that should have been providing enough of those delicious flowering nutes......:ciao:

hmm, after looking at the pictorial problem solver again, it does look like a phosphorus deficiency. Up until last week we were watering at pH 6.2 which according to the pictorial would cause a phosphorus lockout. I wonder why the other plant isn't looking that bad?

I'm going to try giving a little bit of Tiger Bloom at pH 5.8 to see if that helps at all, unless someone else chimes in with a better solution...

Yo dog you should be using open sesame it like a phos of 46.......tiger bloom works together with the open sesame... It's phos-Ed out for some reason that's all... Flush it and go find that open sesame...my man...WORD

On the bottle it says feed with every other watering, why feed twice in a row? This strategy aims to prevent salt buildup.

I would bet you have a huge amount of salt buildup and you need a good flush. Try sledgehammer, it worked out well for me. Water with 2-3 times the container volume with RO water and sledgehammer, and maybe B supplement (superthrive, Thrive alive etc). You can do it without sledgehammer but it does help dissolve the salts, it is more of a wetting agent so the flush soaks in to each clump, may be less important in soilless.

I see you are in a soiless mix, please state exactly what that is. (pearlite / vemiculite / coir and what percentages)

Is your media drying sufficiently between waterings? Wet roots can cause P lockout in soil...

Yo dog you should be using open sesame it like a phos of 46.......tiger bloom works together with the open sesame... It's phos-Ed out for some reason that's all... Flush it and go find that open sesame...my man...WORD

thanks, I guess I didn't mention that as part of the feeding schedule I was giving it the micro nutrients. I think (I need to look at the log) that we are past the Open Sesame phase and are feeding it ChaChing right now. Should I go back and give some Open Sesame instead do you think?

On the bottle it says feed with every other watering, why feed twice in a row? This strategy aims to prevent salt buildup.

I would bet you have a huge amount of salt buildup and you need a good flush. Try sledgehammer, it worked out well for me. Water with 2-3 times the container volume with RO water and sledgehammer, and maybe B supplement (superthrive, Thrive alive etc). You can do it without sledgehammer but it does help dissolve the salts, it is more of a wetting agent so the flush soaks in to each clump, may be less important in soilless.

I see you are in a soiless mix, please state exactly what that is. (pearlite / vemiculite / coir and what percentages)

Is your media drying sufficiently between waterings? Wet roots can cause P lockout in soil...

The plants are in B'cuzz hydromix from Atami (you can see the bale in the top corner of the second picture). They were flushed two weeks ago with ph'd water and Clearex. They are usually very dry when we go to feed them.

I will probably change the feeding schedule to every other time and see if that helps. I just wonder why the other plants are doing well and the Snow White isn't.

Yah sometimes it is what it is my man....you know I stuck with open sesame the entire flowering season and have never had problems....I don't think the cha Ching is very necesary when we've already got the rest of the FF products...it's like giving it a COME DOWN nute.....over rated....how many weeks are they over 7 or 8 then?... Z

Oh shit ok....I was still giving them the open....till week 7....then two weeks off till end.. Depending on my strains.....I like the indy's.....:ciao:

Back
Top Bottom