Yellow leaves?

Ilovedrugs

420 Member
My Green Gelato has very light green/yellow leaves compared to the other seedlings. The first leaves are showing some slight "burn"?? Advice is to give seedlings (in rockwool) 1/4 strength nutrient. I'm following the bottle directions which make the strength a little over 1/4 full strength. I don't know if it is too much nutrient or not enough (or something else) as the other seedlings seem a good color. And the new growth looks healthy- jyst too yellow (photo doesn't really show HOW yellow). Or maybe I'm worried about nothing? First time growing from seed..

Attachments

• 20200429_091009.jpg
    20200429_091009.jpg
    952.3 KB · Views: 76
  • 20200429_010819.jpg
    20200429_010819.jpg
    672.2 KB · Views: 82
  • 20200429_010811.jpg
    20200429_010811.jpg
    854.8 KB · Views: 78
Hiya Ilovedrugs, tough to tell with those pics but those guys don't look very happy in general. Do you have some heat under those? I find my rockwool needs to stay a bit warmer than soil, and they kinda have a droopy overwatered look to them. It's a tricky thing keeping rockwool wet properly. I'm no expert, that's just what pops in my old bean. I'd guess most would say you are early on the nutes too. CHeers, gl to your grow! :yahoo:

Thanks, yeah I'm finding it really difficult to work out watering with the rockwool. Should I be letting it get quite dry before watering again? I find it confusing because growing in soil I would wait for it to get quite dry- does the same principle apply with rockwool? I have been weighing the cubes, runoff at 45g, I've been letting it dry to approx 25g before watering, so almost 50%.

Well I just don't know, I'm terrible with measuring. The only thing I measure is nutes, and I don't do a very accurate job of that! I can tell you if I keep my rockwool too wet, it gets algae and moldy, but I also don't cover them very good, just stick them in a tray on a heat pad in a little tent or dome that gets pretty humid. The plants don't seem to care very much if I let them dry pretty significantly. I'd say give letting them dry out well a try and see if the girls start praying for you before you water again. MOst likely right now the leaves feel pretty stiff, just have the sad downward bend right? You'll know they are getting too dry when the leaves start to become soft as well droopy.

Well I just don't know, I'm terrible with measuring. The only thing I measure is nutes, and I don't do a very accurate job of that! I can tell you if I keep my rockwool too wet, it gets algae and moldy, but I also don't cover them very good, just stick them in a tray on a heat pad in a little tent or dome that gets pretty humid. The plants don't seem to care very much if I let them dry pretty significantly. I'd say give letting them dry out well a try and see if the girls start praying for you before you water again. MOst likely right now the leaves feel pretty stiff, just have the sad downward bend right? You'll know they are getting too dry when the leaves start to become soft as well droopy.
Thanks!

My Green Gelato has very light green/yellow leaves compared to the other seedlings. The first leaves are showing some slight "burn"?? Advice is to give seedlings (in rockwool) 1/4 strength nutrient. I'm following the bottle directions which make the strength a little over 1/4 full strength. I don't know if it is too much nutrient or not enough (or something else) as the other seedlings seem a good color. And the new growth looks healthy- jyst too yellow (photo doesn't really show HOW yellow). Or maybe I'm worried about nothing? First time growing from seed..
What are your intentions with the plant, are you putting it in another medium or going into dwc buckets?
The little Rockwall block it's in is tiny,the roots may need more medium to purchase too,or even going into more water so it can feed. You can get larger Rockwall blocks that yours can fit into, like up potting.
Do you know your water ph?

Back
Top Bottom