Zoom’s Soil Mixed Variety 2020

ZoomZ06

As I wait for my super silver haze to finish up I grew bored and decided to start some new plants in my veg tent. I have 3 plants started, 1 super silver haze, 1 white widow, and 1 ace killer OG. SSH seeds have been given to me through a friend so I’m not sure who the breeder is. Th WW and AK OG were ordered through pacific seed bank. I started these girls off germinating through the paper towel method. Soaked 2 pieces of paper towel using room temp bottled spring water. I then placed the seeds and covered with an out her paper towel. I placed the paper towels on ceramic pot saucers and placed in sand which bags to keep humidity up. I placed my germinated seeds in my veg tent to keep them in a warm, dark, undisturbed environment for 24 hours. After 24 hours all seeds had cracked and little tap roots appeared. I let them relax for another 6 hours and reinspected. Had nice 1/2” tap roots which meant time for planting! I took some plastic solo cups and added some drain holes on the bottom. I used a trick I had seen on YouTube ( I can’t remember who it was or else I would give credit) of using a lighter to burn holes into the cup instead of using a knife. I found this to work better because it created large holes instead of little slits. Anyways! After my drainage holes were made I added in my promix hp with mycorrhizae and using a pen made my seeds a nice little home about 1” deep. I placed my seeds in their new homes and lightly covered them with soil. I have them a little spritz of room temp ph’d water to moisten the soil. As the top layer dried out, id keep it moist with a quick mist. After about 18 hours my little girls poked through. I grew worried with my SSH as it was having a hard time knocking its shell off after another 24 hours. Using sterilize tweezers I helped the shell off. Once the shell was gone I realized why it had a hard time... she’s a tri-leaf! This will be my first grow with a tri-leaf so I’ll be documenting this quite thoroughly to see if there’s any issues/difficulties/yield difference etc. Once the girls were a few days old and had some roots established in the soil, I gave them a good watering and allowed for run off. The girls are on day 10 of germination 7 day as a seedling. I will be using the remo supercharged nutrient kit once the girls get a little older. I know with my soil there isn’t a lot of nutrients so I do start my schedule a little earlier than most and will cut the portions to 1/16. As of right now I am keeping my tent at 27°C through a controller. Humidity is controlled and at a stable 67-70% RH. I will probably do a weekly update on here, hope everyone enjoys this grow. Any advice, feedback, comments are greatly appreciated!

Strains - super silver haze, white widow, ace killer OG
Veg Tent - 2x4x6
Flower tent - 4xx4x6.5
Veg light - 2 viparspectra 450w (200w true)
Flower light - mars hydro ts3000
Soil - promix hp with mycorrhizae
Nutrients - remo supercharged kit
Ventilation - 4” 190CFM in-line fan (no filter)

Attachments

• 000416C2-47D8-4C65-86EE-5966FA5386CA.png
    000416C2-47D8-4C65-86EE-5966FA5386CA.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 43
  • C0459CEE-D5E6-4CDC-8D6B-DAC133F12530.png
    C0459CEE-D5E6-4CDC-8D6B-DAC133F12530.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 45
  • 90181471-961B-4CAB-9258-1197C53EC78E.png
    90181471-961B-4CAB-9258-1197C53EC78E.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 42
hey zoom, have you seen the journal section of forum? Also, some pictures in natural light would be better as the blue light doesn't really show much

Yea I have read over the guide lines for journals and have been following a few other members journals. I figured blue lighting wouldn’t be a big deal since the girls are just starting off. There really isn’t much going on in terms of growth or anything, was more just to throw up a couple quick pics. Once they start developing more and I start my training better pictures wil be available lol

Is there something I could improve on besides the natural light pictures? Is there any information I have left out that you were curious about?
grab the url link above and go to black menu and hit signature. Past your url in there and that would help you help the members to find you. :hmmmm:
perhaps break down your content so it's easy to read. it feels cluttered. Also, seedling stage is a crucial timing for plants health and if there is something, I can't see it but will take your word for it.
Promix hp already has mycoryza and you don't really have to add extra. I would add 5-10% additional perlite for better water drainage.

Update time! I feel there’s been enough growth for an update but not much to make it exciting to be honest lol. It’s hard to tell because the leaves are still so small, I’m hoping it becomes more defined as it grows. But.... my tri-leaf super silver haze seems to have had 2 of the stems merge and form one leaf with a few extra points in it. From what I can see using my jewellers loupe, the next set of leaves look like there are just 2 stems. I have talked to my friend who gave me the seeds and he had said he had the same mutation early on but it cleared up. I’m guessing from this point on it’ll grow just like any other plant. I guess only time will tell. All the other girls are looking nice and strong.

Attachments

• 7F7752E8-23F5-4697-A9BE-492D261D2061.png
    7F7752E8-23F5-4697-A9BE-492D261D2061.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 36
  • B5A07B5D-D4AF-46B9-B287-8A175A443F4D.png
    B5A07B5D-D4AF-46B9-B287-8A175A443F4D.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 43
  • D886C0A2-5CCE-4A1D-9381-744E8F464B47.png
    D886C0A2-5CCE-4A1D-9381-744E8F464B47.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 44
  • 19070585-C017-4616-9EED-7AA552A25614.png
    19070585-C017-4616-9EED-7AA552A25614.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 35
grab the url link above and go to black menu and hit signature. Past your url in there and that would help you help the members to find you. :hmmmm:
perhaps break down your content so it's easy to read. it feels cluttered. Also, seedling stage is a crucial timing for plants health and if there is something, I can't see it but will take your word for it.
Promix hp already has mycoryza and you don't really have to add extra. I would add 5-10% additional perlite for better water drainage.
I had thought about that. I wondered if making it more bullet point like, straight to the point if that would be easier for people to read.
I did not add any additional mycorrhizae, I just typed out what was on the bag. From what I had been reading you could get promix hp without it, so I figured I would specify that I had it just to be sure I covered my grounds lol

@ZoomZ06 have you tried mycorrhizal inoculants? We would love for you to try out DYNOMYCO our mycorrhizal inoculant! It's got 900 propagules per gram of two species of endomycorrhizal fungi. Both species have been scientifically proven to form a symbiotic relationship with cannabis plants. Perhaps it could worth adding some DYNOMYCO when you transplant these beautiful babies to their bigger pots - once you grow with DYNOMYCO you won't grow without it again. Feel free to reach out to me with any questions, I'm around :peace:

hey zoom!! How are the plants coming along bud

They have bounced back from their transplanting. I’m debating if I want to top them a little early this time around to keep them nice and flat when I put them in the flower tent and under the SCROG net. But these are where they’re at today. Also I have a light ring on order so I’ll be able to get better natural light pictures soon! :rofl:

665388C7-521F-447B-9420-B1A3B320B60D.png

8AED8319-953C-404A-BBA4-FD43095F763A.png

A5FA9956-9294-4ACE-805A-A103777E8C69.png

lol, you got one to many journals of the same kind. Let's keep it to one journal for this grow so everything is in one place.

i noticed your plant side branches, you should try to get the leaves to the side so that the new branch development can get better light. She looks good.

you mentioned you topped it, are you planning on training her?

I do LST I just typically give them a couple days to recover after the topping. I use twine/gardeners ties to keep the branches down. Once they’re bigger I’ll be moving them to my flower tent and they’ll be under a SCROG/trellis net. I’ll let them veg for about a week or 2 under the net before flipping them fully to flower

Back
Top Bottom