Super Silver Haze & White Widow DWC 2019

Amazon lol

That's my go to place for mostly everything. Can't beat their prices. Hell, I even got my Betsva light from them.

Is that the viagrow one? Is it fairly good quality? The seals and plastic thickness was one of my concerns

Me too bought almost everything off there... Its actually pretty good quality i threw it together in like 45min and no leaks... using only 2 of the buckets the pump was to strong and made bucket levels uneven, i crimped the line and it was fine then got a smaller pump... but for what it is, its definitely worth it

Well everything seems to be going ok for now
200ppm
5.9 ph
1200 watt phlizon led 26in away from canopy
Runing flora trio with rapid start hydrogaurd and a tea i made (TEA IS AMAZING) 3 weeks and 5 days from sprout (4 weeks from start of germination)
be carefull with the folier feeds. It can magnify light on the leaf and cause burn but also watch for too high R.h. could rot your stem without evaporating quickly on the plant. look happy and the tea certainly did the trick. lol

So i switched back to 2 solo 5 gal buckets for my 1st grow, was getting a bit overwhelmed with rdwc and having to change it so often cuz of trying to get rid if ailments... plus theres 2 different strains, will be easier to cater to each individuals needs... got ahead of my self

Dropped my thermometer and humidity meter in my res yesterday... my ph pen quit working today... i think i may be getting some slime back
Ppm- 235 - 240
Ph 5.8 - 6.0
Not been a very good past few days
20190408_094345.jpg
20190408_094453.jpg

I have done that more than once lol. To be honest, I ended up buying the blue lab ones as I started to doubt the Amazon bought ones and they are waterproof!

Good luck with the slime, did you start the z7 yet? When I got some slime I bought some 3% H2O2 and mix it with pH water and ran it for a couple of days, adding a cup or 2 of h202 every day couple of days. After that I did a res change with z7 and 1/4 nutes. Be careful of running z7 and H2O2 because it will kill all the good z7 bacteria.

I have done that more than once lol. To be honest, I ended up buying the blue lab ones as I started to doubt the Amazon bought ones and they are waterproof!

Good luck with the slime, did you start the z7 yet? When I got some slime I bought some 3% H2O2 and mix it with pH water and ran it for a couple of days, adding a cup or 2 of h202 every day couple of days. After that I did a res change with z7 and 1/4 nutes. Be careful of running z7 and H2O2 because it will kill all the good z7 bacteria.
Yea i started the z7 and it seems like thats what caused the slime regrowth, but idk... starting from scratch basically again

Yea, i plan on using only as a last resort if nothing else works, then i will run that and work on preventive measures

Just don't do the same mistake I made during res changes. My water temp was around 54-57f when I did res changes and I figured this would be ok as the temps will raise. Well, when I changed the res every 3 days thinking I still had root rot because the plants look droopy the temps never got to stabilize on a good range and I was shocking and starving the plant a lot! Lol

Roots are doing a little better... the battle continues on what ever this brown fibrous shit it... been doing some Light low stress training... 5ft by 5ft by 7ft tent
1200watt phlizon led 27in above plants
6in exaust fan
4in intake fan
Oscillating tower fan
Air temp 74°
Res temp 69°
2 air stones each bucket (950 gph air pump)
Humidity 18% (workn on getting it up)
Ppm 235 - 240
Ph 5.8 - 6.0
GH Flora trio rapid start hydroguard heisenberg tea
i smelled my res today, it had a smell, but not bad, it smelled almost earthy, is this normal/ok?

The roots don't look bad but I am not sure about the smell since you have that tea concoction going. I would suggest a res change using 1/4 nutes, hydroguard and z7, increase your humidity and lower your res temp. That's based on just a few months of experiencing similar issues and what I know I did.
My res doesn't really have much of a smell at all. Just the nutrient smell.

Looking pretty good there. The only issue I see with the setup is the lack of oxygen. I see your using the circular type stone. You should go for a large flat stone. 6 inches. Is best. Or do the defused ring like Ganga. The problem is that the round stone doesn’t put enough air in the whole bucket. And always rember. That warm water doesn’t hold as much Dissolved oxygen as colder water does. And for the most part. The oxygen is at its highest content at burst. Right at the top of the bucket. So if you can get more of a oxygen spread. Th will help with that bacteria growth tremendously. Looks like slight root rot from sitting water.

sound advice from a pro. air can be the end of the crop if not taken care of too. looking good though kent. smell could be one of the additives . give each bottle a whiff. Golden tree smells of rotten egg when i use it and slighty stinks the room when changing res. stains the roots too.

Looking pretty good there. The only issue I see with the setup is the lack of oxygen. I see your using the circular type stone. You should go for a large flat stone. 6 inches. Is best. Or do the defused ring like Ganga. The problem is that the round stone doesn’t put enough air in the whole bucket. And always rember. That warm water doesn’t hold as much Dissolved oxygen as colder water does. And for the most part. The oxygen is at its highest content at burst. Right at the top of the bucket. So if you can get more of a oxygen spread. Th will help with that bacteria growth tremendously. Looks like slight root rot from sitting water.
Yea, im currently lookn for new stones or defusers, i got a couple of those defuser line and they didn't work for shit so still on the look, thanks for advice @Iceman420

Back
Top Bottom