Questions on limits

Den Master 60

420 Member
Hey all,

What I mean by limits is, I plan on making butter, salve, tincture,oil on this up in coming harvest.

I know that the more you use in the edibles the stronger they will be.

But what about salve. The more used the stronger the salve is?
Or is there a limit? I figured not but don't know for sure. Don't want to waste any.

I plan on making tincture, probably about at least 2 quarts. I will bottle probably 4 ounces at a time put the rest in a dark cool place.

How long to leave the weed in the alcohol is my question?
The longer the better/stronger?
Is there a limit on how long to let soak?

I'm guessing the longer the better like wine?

Any help here would be appreciated!!

Thanks

Den Master

Lots of questions there.

So lets start with coco oil/butter. I have heard from other medical users that you can go g/g. I use a ratio of about 100g bud/shake to 1000g (2 and some odd bricks of butter or 12 sticks) But it is very strong and taste strongly.

In your salve you either need to impregnate your oils and or glycerin. I've only made a couple that were mildly successful in the beginning but were not nearly strong enough. They were also made using 1/10th strength(compared to now) coco oil which only makes up 1/3rd~ the full recipe.

Tinctures. I used 1 oz /Liter 90% alcohol and it was strong as a drink, let alone if you got it down even more. You could easily increase the amount of cannabis in the brew.

Letting it sit longer does not actually make it better. Most people believe that leaving it in the freeze for months makes it stronger. If you use high percentage alcohol to extract it a few minutes should be all you need to get the good stuff and not have too much crap in it. Thats true for making extracts anyways. I have found no harm in leaving it sit.

Back
Top Bottom