Is this a cannabis plant? - My first grow

nibuzz

Looking for all you experienced growers! I'm sorry I cannot provide much information on the strain, as they were 'free seeds' with my order, with no label...

But this is the plant I have.. wanting to know if I got ripped off or if this little guy will actually grow! (First timer here)

I am growing under 4 CFL''s with an added Agro-Lite by Philips for a blue light & some warmth.
Room is fully reflective (all walls, ceiling, floor)
In a mixture of perlite soil & black topsoil & potting soil (has been used with household plants and they grow fine)
Watered with tap water that has been sitting for 24hours and oxygenated.
Plant has sprouted, was germinated in a glass of warm water in complete darkness for 24 hours, then planted into loosely packed soil mixture in 24h light.

HELP

Welcome. First and foremost, pictures will help. Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos is a link to help with that. Second, I would not personally go 24 light schedule. IMHO all plants need some down time. I use 18/6 for vegging my girls. Post some pics, and let's see if we can help. ;) :peace:

Biologically speaking cannabis doesn't need rest periods where as other plants such as pine trees do. 18/6 allows them some more stretch, helps in controlling heat from lights, and reduces energy costs. On the cons side, HIDs run for longer when they are not turned on and off as do ballasts, also you reduce the amount of time that your plant is using photosynthesis to grow.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

this is the best question i have seen here so far :D i think you should be less high when trying to ask for help. Sounds like you don't have real problem.

Biologically speaking cannabis doesn't need rest periods where as other plants such as pine trees do. 18/6 allows them some more stretch, helps in controlling heat from lights, and reduces energy costs. On the cons side, HIDs run for longer when they are not turned on and off as do ballasts, also you reduce the amount of time that your plant is using photosynthesis to grow.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

after checking out the journals around and comparing with what i have done i would say me running my seeds on 24 hours a day has slowed growth substantially compared to other guys grows timeframes.

also i have read running seeds 24 hours a day while they are getting their third set of leaves causes more stress and more males.

im switching my setup to 6 hours off starting tomorrow to see what happens. i am a little worried of shocking them, i was thinking starting with 3 hours off tomorrow, 4 the next, 5, then 6 and stay at 18/6 after that for veg.

nibuzz: Cannibus is a weed. Treat it like one.

All plants require down time. During lights on, they photosynthesize. During lights out, they use the sugars they have made during the day to grow and repair tissues. There IS a definite growth advantage to letting them sleep for 6 hours every night.

Back
Top Bottom