300 watt dual spectrum cfl?

tommyb88

300w of low cost high output plant lighting!!!

With alternative red 2700K & blue 6400k filaments,

what are your opinions on this light any good or not?

What's the source? I'd be interested in taking a look. Are those interchangeable filaments? or separate blubs?

Thanks

there selling them on ebay if you want a look, arnt sure wot u mean by interchangeable filaments? or separate blubs? im new to this

Hey guys, what a great site! So much information and so many willing to share. I'm planning on starting my first ever grow in about 2 months and just sifting through lighting options for the time being. I'm definitely going to go the CFL route for the convenience and of course these dual CFLs seem ideal. I've looked at them on Amazon and ebay but not sure what to make of them so I have a couple of questions and anyone's input will be appreciated.

1). Does a 300w dual filament mean that I can only use 150w of the blue during the veg stage then switch to 150w of the red for flowering or do I use the dual spectrum ( 2700 / 6400 ) all the time throughout growing and only adjust the timing ( 18/6 then 12/12 ) for the different stages?

2) Either way, what do you think is the best way to go as I'm looking for maybe a 300w CFL setup for 4 plants.

Thanks guys :thumb:

I have one of these, as all as a 300w red one, but quickly moved to HPS when flowering as they just aren't good enough for that stage, veg, yes, flower, no; they are only 15,000 - 19,000 lumens, too, so, big watts for not massive light :Namaste:

Hi there, I have been reading on 420 magazine for a while and finally I have signed up so I can post and ask some questions!

I haven't asked any questions before and this is my very first grow so please bare with me...

About my grow:

Medium: Coco Coir and Perlite
Strain: Sweet skunk Automatic
Plants: 3
Lights: 2 x 300watt dual spectrum CFL's ( with enviro grow double reflector)
Ventilation: 5 inch black orchid inline extractor - venting out the top of my tent. I also have a small fan inside the tent
CO2: 1 x Exhale Co2 bag
Tent: 800mm x 800mm x 1800mm Maylar tent
Temp: around 25 -30 degrees C
Humidity: 40 - 60%
Nutes: So far all I have used is Formulex at 600 - 800 ppm (I also have Vital link max for hard water but I havent used it yet)
Ph: 5.8 - 6.1
Water: My tap water is about 330ppm and 7.1ph so I always have to use Ph down.
Time: It has been 3 weeks since sprouted the ladies sprouted.
Pots: 2 of the plants are in 5 Gallon felt (plant!t pots) seem to allow alot of air. And 1 is in a normal plastic 3 gallon pot...

I recently watched a video tutorial by Ledrf in which he has advised to water the plants in coco every day so I have recently started that...

I am wondering if there is anything which I am doing wrong or if there is enough light to get some decent bud for myself from each plant?

I also made a mistake and topped the one plant (she was the fastest grower and I didnt know better at the time) but she has made a good recovery and has 4 good tops now!

Should i do some LST? or change nutes? I feel like I should be seeing some happier plants...

The leaf burn was from wen i sprayed my plants with some bug stuff which main component was rapeseed oil... I forgot to ph the water so they didnt like that much...

Any help would be greatly appreciated and I will continue to post so we can all see how well (if well at all) these 300watt CFL lights do (2 x dual spec)

Maybe I should replace them with 2 x 300 watt red spectrum for the flower stage? a
image25704.jpg
ny suggestions or advice please!!

Kind regards

Sorry, I messed that up here is the setup...

I am not sure if formulex is the correct nutes for explosive growth and more yield??

image25706.jpg

Back
Top Bottom