Healthy or unhealthy?

Slingbladesax

Hello everyone, just wanted some opinions on if these look healthy or not... the one in the middle and on the left are about 13 days old and the one on the right is 6 days old. They seem ever so slightly yellow under the lights and slightly droopy for my liking but want to see your guys opinions. Using 2 - 52w full spectrum 6400k cfl and 4 - 13w full spectrum 6400k cfl about 6 inches or so away from the plants. Just put a small fan on them a couple days ago blowing through the top of the grow box they are in. Not using any nuts yet.

Attachments

• 20190127_120206.jpg
    20190127_120206.jpg
    590.2 KB · Views: 77
Hey sling, welcome to :420:
The plants look OK right now but that's going to change for the worse real quick if you keep watering them. The droopiness is from too much water. Let the cups dry out some so they feel light when you lift them. Then mist lightly around the stem until you get them in a bigger pot.

Check my signature for a couple of good links, one on the Proper Way to Water a Potted Plant. It's important to start these off right.

What are your long term plans for lights?

Hey sling, welcome to :420:
The plants look OK right now but that's going to change for the worse real quick if you keep watering them. The droopiness is from too much water. Let the cups dry out some so they feel light when you lift them. Then mist lightly around the stem until you get them in a bigger pot.

Check my signature for a couple of good links, one on the Proper Way to Water a Potted Plant. It's important to start these off right.

What are your long term plans for lights?
I plan on getting a led light. Probably viparspectra... looking at getting 2 vipars with 200w actual draw each.

I plan on getting a led light. Probably viparspectra... looking at getting 2 vipars with 200w actual draw each.
And I always let the soil dry out from top to bottom before I give them a good watering again. I thought maybe I was understating them because the symptoms of over/under watering are very similar

Overwatering is a different kind of droopiness to under. If your pots feel heavy then it's over watering.

Under watering your pots will be light and the plant will have a droopiness like something dying under the sun.

You said about leds.. I have 5 300w leds and they don't compare to 1 600w hps. I don't recommend investing the money unless it's on a top range led. Hps are cheap and cheerful and give you the growth you're looking for.

So here are the girls about 30 hours since I've last watered them. The young one looks great the other two seem to slowly be rebounding... the pots are very light completely dry.. not sure how long I should keep waiting until I give them a drink of water again???

Attachments

• 20190128_160039.jpg
    20190128_160039.jpg
    671.3 KB · Views: 40
  • 20190128_160034.jpg
    20190128_160034.jpg
    659.6 KB · Views: 42
  • 20190128_152427.jpg
    20190128_152427.jpg
    660 KB · Views: 42
Hi,

Do you have draining holes in the bottom of the pots? I guess the plastic one yes. What about the other one? Also are you in soil? What is your ph? At that stage if they re not good green it s often overwatering or bad ph

Hi,

Do you have draining holes in the bottom of the pots? I guess the plastic one yes. What about the other one? Also are you in soil? What is your ph? At that stage if they re not good green it s often overwatering or bad ph
Yes they all have drainage holes... I definately overwatered the two. Growing in soil. Not sure the pH I don't test that yet. I'm 99% sure I overwatered them, I posted this thread yesterday, but they look much better then they did yesterday. But I'm just concerned when I should start giving them a bit of water again

The ones in the peat pots you need to watch those, as they dry out fast in strong lights. Add drops of water away from the stem until it becomes moist again. You just don't want to soak them like before. They do look much better! Try not to get too close to the stem as you want to get a strong root system going now.

Yes they all have drainage holes... I definately overwatered the two. Growing in soil. Not sure the pH I don't test that yet. I'm 99% sure I overwatered them, I posted this thread yesterday, but they look much better then they did yesterday. But I'm just concerned when I should start giving them a bit of water again
Considering the size of pots and plants I would water once the other day without reaching runoff or every three days till runoff. At that stage they don't drink that much so you should really water only when most of the top look dry

The plastic one is probably ready too but may be able to go another day. Misting that one, again around the stem, might be better.
Thanks for the help guys, I just misted the two girls in the peat pots away from the stem trying to only get the top half or top 1/3 wet. Im going to wait a bit longer to do the plastic pot one as it seems the soil is still moist at the bottom looking through the drainage holes.

The plastic pot one is blue dream and one of the peat pots is also blue dream and the other is grannys skittlez and.
I had a northern lights aswell but dropped it upside down and killed it, so I started the 2nd blue dream about 7 days later that's in the plastic pot.

Thanks for the help guys, I just misted the two girls in the peat pots away from the stem trying to only get the top half or top 1/3 wet. Im going to wait a bit longer to do the plastic pot one as it seems the soil is still moist at the bottom looking through the drainage holes.

The plastic pot one is blue dream and one of the peat pots is also blue dream and the other is grannys skittlez and.
I had a northern lights aswell but dropped it upside down and killed it, so I started the 2nd blue dream about 7 days later that's in the plastic pot.

And yes before when I was watering them too much I would completely soak it until a tiny bit dripped out the drainage hole. Once a day but I would always wait until it was dried out to soak it again... I think soaking it top to bottom was just too much for such little girls

Hey guys so it's been about 24 hours since I last gave these two a small drink of water. Last time I watered then 24 hours ago I just got the top 1/3 to 1/2 of the pot wet after going 30 hours with no water before that. I was hoping to see more growth and better color after a day but I think it's about the same if not ever so slightly worse, on the one anyways. Any suggestions would be great when I should water or anything else to save them! Soil is very dry top to bottom at the moment

Attachments

• 20190129_153912.jpg
    20190129_153912.jpg
    655.9 KB · Views: 36
  • 20190129_153905.jpg
    20190129_153905.jpg
    612.9 KB · Views: 35
  • 20190129_153902.jpg
    20190129_153902.jpg
    636.5 KB · Views: 29
  • 20190129_153857.jpg
    20190129_153857.jpg
    635.8 KB · Views: 35
The new growth will always be lighter in color at first, although they do tend to look a little on the yellow side. They are reaching for the sky which means they are happy little plants.
What type of medium is it in? What are you pH'ing your water at?
Not testing ph yet, just tap water but I know I over watered these several days ago also my 3rd one is thriving on the tap water aswell. Using root farm hydro potting mix .2 - .06 - .1
Not sure if the need another small drink of water or if I should wait another 12 or 24 hours and let them sit in the dry soil longer?

Back
Top Bottom