When to harvest?

ceungo

I've planted it (SATIVA from Aceh, Indonesia) for 4 months but growth is very slow.
Every 1 week I gave NPK on the edge of a circle parallel to the leaf and always keep the soil moisture
At the end of the growing leaf buds always young and never become to be flowers and now
their height reached only 1 meter. how much longer I can harvest it ?
My all friends... Please give me your best advice
THANK YOU in ADVANCED

:Namaste:

Check the trich's (crystal's, resin) on flowers (buds) and when you see them getting Amber in color she will be ready, for a flush and then harvest drying & curing.

I'm sorry to say that Sativa's can take along time to mature & ripen....patience will reward you.

I've planted it (SATIVA from Aceh, Indonesia) for 4 months but growth is very slow.
Every 1 week I gave NPK on the edge of a circle parallel to the leaf and always keep the soil moisture
At the end of the growing leaf buds always young and never become to be flowers and now
their height reached only 1 meter. how much longer I can harvest it ?
My all friends... Please give me your best advice
THANK YOU in ADVANCED

:Namaste:

Like BG said- looking at the resin glands is the best way to tell when they're ready. Nowadays they make great little pocket microscopes. 60x is enough magnifying power to see your trichomes fine. Based on the low height you're getting I'm wondering if maybe some the growing conditions aren't as good as they could be? Maybe some nutrient/soil issues?

Not sure on what to make of this...

But ye on a gut feeling have ya flipped your lights to 12/12 flowering cycle ?

Some info is missing tho whether it is under lights or out doors tho... so a gut feeling is given !

Thanks in advance...
:thumb:
@BuddroGreen : Maybe I have to wait until trich's (crystal's, resin) on flowers (buds)
@Weaselcracker : I dont have microscope. Got passion to wait it !

Are you running your light at 12 hours on, 12 hours off??

Or are you growing outdoors??

Yeah send us a bit more info Ceungo. Post some pics if you can. I was guessing with your climate you are probably growing outdoors? We should be able to get those plants growing nicely for you no problem. :)

Weasel Ma Man...
I'm so excited man. This is my first baby !!!
I plant it has been entered 3 months. But, to wait her bring flowers, feeling like already one year old :loopy:
I can not wait anymore !!! :biglaugh:

IMG01438-20150214-1754.jpg

IMG01441-20150214-1754.jpg

sorry for my garden conditions
because in my country this plant is still banned
and I had to be careful for it !

Please comment my photo : Cinta:
My Canabiss Male or Female ?
I get it from Aceh - Indonesia. What happen to the leaf.
Some leaf near the bottom getting dry than other.
Thanks for your comment : Namaste:

IMG01686-20150415-1003.jpg

IMG01684-20150415-1002.jpg

IMG01661-20150405-1626.jpg

IMG01664-20150405-1630.jpg

IMG01696-20150415-1008.jpg

Hey Ceungo. I looked at the pictures of your plant before I read the question and wondered if it was male or female. Hard to tell because the pics look a bit blurry, at least on my phone. But I thought it may be a hermaphrodite- both male and female flowers. Usually people throw these away because they don't produce very good bud and the male flowers on them cause everything else to be pollinated and grow seeds. Other people may have a clearer view of the plant and be able to say for sure. Are there yellow flowers on your plant?
I'm not sure what caused the dead grey leaves. The white growth on the leaves I have never seen before. Very interesting. Possibly some sort of insect cocoon?

I'm on the ipad tonight so I can see the pics way better. Definitely a hermaphrodite plant. What will you do with it?
And the the white stuff still looks like some sort of insect creations.
If you are keeping the plant it would make sense to clean and remove the grey dead part to prevent reduce the chance of it spreading in case it's a disease or mold of some sort. ( I really don't know what it is though )

That is defiantly a hermie no doubt about it, and by the looks of it its only been flowering for about 3 weeks max, your looking at another possible 10 weeks depending what sativa it is, but by the look of the weird white stuff on the leaves it probably wont last that long if you don't get some bug spray on it and quick

Uuuuh... I Shock to heard it is a hermaphrodite plant...!!!!

As you told, right know another leaf get dry (it slowly getting yellow)

I don't know when it get harvest. When it can be harvest broth ????
And how long I hang it to get dry and order to be consumed ?

Broth... where I can get a good seed (female) ?

THanks for your motivation broth....

The best way to know when to harvest involves looking at the resin glands (trichomes) with a 30x or greater microscope. You can find info on this and your harvesting questions along with many many other important subjects, in this link-

How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know
You can also consider turning the plant into some sort of edible- like grinding it up into a 'smoothie' of some sort.

Normally people don't save hermaphrodites, unless they have nothing else growing, though they will produce some bud, which will be pollinated by it's male flowers and full of seeds.
You can buy feminized seeds (will grow only female plants) from some of the sponsors of this forum. I personally don't have any experience with any of the sponsor seed banks, but they can all be trusted. Some seed banks will offer guaranteed shipping - so if your order doesn't arrive they will resend your order. Check to see if cannabis seeds are legal in your country, or if not what the penalties are, and if you're worried about it, think about having them shipped to an alternate address, which is not yours, or at least not the one you are growing at. Most seed banks use very stealthy shipping techniques though and seeds are very small and easy to hide in innocent looking packages.
When you get new seeds, do some work to prepare some nice soil for it beforehand and put it in a good sunny spot.

Back
Top Bottom