Revegging questions?

exile19

Can anyone tell me how to reveg a plant after harvest, step by step possibly with pics would be great. I got grow big from fox farm is that a good source of N?

Re: Revegging questions..??

I have never done it, but when you harvest you need to leave some vegetation on the plant. then just move it back to your veg room. You have to leave vegetation on it though, it your remove all of the fan leaves it will not survive. the plant needs to be able to photosynthesize.(if thats a word)... but take your plant and harvest it, leave some of the smaller buds and as many fan leaves as you can, then flip her back to 18/6 light schedule. go back to regular feedings of veg nutes and in a couple of weeks you should see new growth. Just remember that it has to flip back to veg so this can take some time. I have also read that you should cut the roots down as well so it is not root bound but hopefully someone else will chime in on that..

I've done it. I do it with clones on occasion as well.
It takes a while. I know that it can tend to lead to hermis... but I've never seen it.
It's really quite easy. A bit messy. Just leave the bottom 3rd of your plant and return the plants to your veg light schedule.
It will take a good 4 to 5 weeks to start seeing fresh growth. The growth will be a bit wacky for a while with oddly shaped leaves while it's shifting gears. You'll see lots of single fingered leaves.
After the new growth gets going, you need to clean it up. Cleaning it up will be an ongoing process for a while as the older bud growth dies off. Be careful about fungus or mold growing on the old bud areas. Try to remove the old growth without damaging the new growth.
After a few more weeks, you'll have a fully vegging plant. It might need a bit of trimming up to keep it even and good looking.
Treat it as you would any other plant from then on.
I'll not really address the nute levels except to say that I just feed them my veg mix at light levels. The shifting process takes a while and the plant doesn't have heavy needs during that time.
In the end, you can end up with some oddly shaped branches and what not, but it works well if you're patient.

Here are some photos of a re-veged clone. While not exactly the same thing... some similarities. This plant is nearing flowering... probably one more trim job, a few weeks of grow out, then flower.
Note the single fingered leaved outlined in green. Also note the general complexity (a.k.a. wackiness) of the branching underneath.
fclone2.jpg
fclone1.jpg

WOW thanks guys

I haven't revegged any plants yet but will soon so I'm following this thread. When I am trying to grow out a plant that has sat root bound in the same soil for a long time, for example when I want to flower one of my mother plants, I pull it out of the pot and cut most of the soil and roots down to a fairly small ball, and then repot in new soil. The plant likes it a lot and I end up with nice new roots and lots of growth. I've heard of people doing this when they reveg so was going to try it that way.

One question on the main stalk, the kola(top nug) I know I cut it off but how far down is acceptable? I will try to upload pics to give you an idea of what I'm talking about.

i wonder if i would get a good result from letting it dry a little then removing the solid root ball and cut 4 inches from the bottom and 3 from the side of a 5 gallon smart pot and then replant it in another 5 gl with fresh soil under and around it . hmmm i have a very strong jack widow that im about to harvest that's a good 4 feet tall. i might do it with her since i wont have anything to lose .

teAD did u trim any of the higher branches to bring the height back down ?

Absolutely. It's not really trimming. I harvest from the top down. I leave the bottom popcorn nugs. I say shoot for 1/3 plant mass left because that's the standard wisdom. Personally, I'm sure I cut them down to somewhere around 1/10 the plant mass. You really just need some green leafy branches left to re-grow.
Like I said earlier, I've never trimmed up the root ball. I'm just too much of a coward.
It can be a handy technique. The recent cold zapped a clone I had. I'm flowering the clone's mother at the moment. She'll get re-vegged to save the genetics.
I prefer to plan ahead a bit and cut clones in veg, but it's nice to have a backup method when shit happens... or 'excrement occurs' for those with sensitive ears.

Absolutely. It's not really trimming. I harvest from the top down. I leave the bottom popcorn nugs. I say shoot for 1/3 plant mass left because that's the standard wisdom. Personally, I'm sure I cut them down to somewhere around 1/10 the plant mass. You really just need some green leafy branches left to re-grow.
Like I said earlier, I've never trimmed up the root ball. I'm just too much of a coward.
It can be a handy technique. The recent cold zapped a clone I had. I'm flowering the clone's mother at the moment. She'll get re-vegged to save the genetics.
I prefer to plan ahead a bit and cut clones in veg, but it's nice to have a backup method when shit happens... or 'excrement occurs' for those with sensitive ears.

Hey Tead. Heard a lot of talk about the re-veg plants not being as good. Do you notice any loss of our potency or any such problems yourself?

I'm copying and pasting this in here from where I had it in another thread in the hopes somebody will give their opinion on whether this looks like a revegging plant. I assumed that it did and chopped it. Thanks in advance

Re: Oh Oh - Timer for lights crashed
Alright- so it appears I did get a bit of revegging from this mishap. As mentioned, the timer for one of my flowering lights decided to stay on instead of shutting off at 'night' and it took me a couple days to notice. The other light, in the same room, worked normally. So under the light that was affected- one of my plants, a Mama Thai pure sativa, showed signs of what seems to be revegging. A lot of the fan leaves which grow out of the buds died and went brown, and suspicious changes started happening.
image22227.jpg
She was about 9 weeks along in flowering and I figured she had 2-4 left to go. The rest of the plants under this light seem ok but they are only about 3-4 weeks into flower and are indicas so maybe were slightly less shocked at the event due to flowering stage and strain (?). The plants under the other light seem ok but I'm keeping an eye on them. The revegging (?) Mama Thai- well, I figured if she wants to reveg I will grant her wish. I harvested most of her and put her back in the veg room. And- does this look like a revegging plant to you folks?

Back
Top Bottom