A frequently asked question

solareclipse

hi i would like to ask about OG Kush....i grow it for first time in my life...i will harvest today or 2moro...BUT??????i hear (read) from too too many people here they love it....i never smoke og kush ro any other og...but why is it so popular?(i quess i wll find it out in a few days...lol....really what is it ,it is make it so special?i will google it right now but i would like to know from real experiences....thank u
be well
smoke weed everyday....:circle-of-love:

I think people like OG Kush because the strain has been around a long time. it also has been crossed with a number of other strains to enhance the flavor and flowering time. it is easy to grow for a beginner and adapts itself to any number of training techniques. From seed, you can get phenotypes from tall and lanky to short and bushy. You just clone from the phenotype you like the most for your perpetual grow..

From what I've read, you can have either a heavy-sativa lineage (which I think is the older strain) or a heavy Indica ancestry (which I think is the newer strain).

I lucked out with a sativa-heavy OG Kush, which smells and tastes of its various parents as it matures and cures: Lemon Thai, Chem Dawg (a light diesel smell) and an Afghani. It has the long narrow leaves of its sativa ancestry, as well as the insanely long flowering time! The odors (scents, actually) and flavors are pleasant, and, depending on when you harvest, can give you a head high, a body high or both.

I got the description of the smoke from my testers, as I do not smoke. (edibles are my thing) The odors I have experienced myself at different stages of flower. I will say, however, that the grow room gets kinda stinky between late flower and the first 2 or 3 days of drying! Before and after that, the odors are rather pleasant.

Back
Top Bottom