Noob grow attempt

BlaziNoob

Got around 20 bag seeds from a friend who got them from his own plants of various strains. Growing them in batches of 3 plants. I also have 2 stolen / borrowed semi functioning traffic lights with LEDs. The LEDs work in RED color for both street lights and yellow on one of them. Dnt knw much about the LEDs except that the plates on which they are attached have 2.2k x 54 and RS220x54 written on them. I'm trying to grow them outdoors during the day and indoors at night where I give them a few more hours of light via these LEDs. Currently have them around 1.5 to 2 feet away from the light. Two out of the The first batch only have 3 bladed leaves (2-3 sets)+ first set while 1 has 1 abnormally big leaf being surrounded by smaller 3 bladed leaves.

Now that you know my setup. Is there any advice you guys might have for me. Everything I've learnt about growing has been through your forums .

Growing in soil mixed with sand, coco peat. All 3 of my first seedlings are in a shallow 1.5x1x0.5(depth) plastic container.
Planning to shift the 3 into 2.5 litre clay pots soon.

IMPORTANT- I have posted another forum about breaking 1 of my main plants completely from the stem, so if I could get an answer there it would be great.

Getting caught isn't an issue at all. If anybody has any experience with LEDs pls help me out in how I can use the ones I have.

you may want to check out a member on here his tag is vladimirputin. He is a guy that does all sorts of DIY and makes his own LED lights, you may want to ask him. If there was any questions about growing I could answer those but as to how to use a street light as a grow light I am at a complete loss, However I would love to see pics of that!

Had one question about one of my seedlings. It has grown one huge leaf surrounded by other very small 3 bladed leaves. It's in the same plastic container as the other seedlings which are growing normally.

Will post a pic with the combined traffic signal lights soon . Looks like anyother LED grow I've seen online except for missing blue colored LEDs

Most LED panels come with several wave lengths of light often measured in nm.

So it is not a simple case of red & blue light in fact you may find that they several different wave lengths involved in per colour.

I suspect the traffic lights are just a single colour of red at a set nm :high-five:

Hey Fuzzy thanks for the info. But still doesn't answer my question of whether it is of any use in my grow. I've read red is good during the flowering stage.I've also got a few low power cooldaylight CFLs.

Ye more likely not worth using those leds for that stage of growth to be honest but to supplement flowering time it is an idea :thumb:

How ever for vegging i'd more likely stick with the cool day light cfls & keep them with in a few inches of the plants to provide optimal energy as cfl do suffer greatly with the diminishing light return over distance aka the inverse square law of light effect !

You are better off buying cheap CFL lights if you want grams to smoke homes..... traffic lights don't have enough lumens or the right spectrum yo! waste of time yo....get cheap cfls and hook them up

Bro I'm already using a mix of CFLs and these LEDs. I Cut out the LEDs and moved them outside for strong sunlight before winter kicks in. My main query was that The LEDs must be supplying the plants with some sort of light = Food to the plants, because I saw the sudden growth when I brought them under LEDs from outside, and they also consume next to nothing in terms of Power. Still hoping for advise on how I could use a mix of CFL and these LEDs more effectively.

LED's give a full spectrum that is why Plants do very well in VEG when under LED's... BUT when it comes to flowering LED's do not pack a punch against HPS... I used Mars II 1600 watt to flower two plants and i used 2 600 Watt HPS to flower two other plants. In two different tents but same nutrients and same clones vegged for two months from the same mom... The buds on the two HPS plants were twice as big as the buds on the Mars light... although the The flowers on the Mars light were smaller it had a lot more trichomes but overall yield it was 92 grams less than HPS Tent... The bottom line is its good to use LED's for veg but for flower if you want yield then HPS all the way. I flower in a 3 meter by 1.5 meter by 2 meter tent and i have 3 600 watt HPS and 1 600 MH in cooltubes... I ran LED's and it just wasn't for me.

That's not necessarily true. If your only using 1 led panel than yeah your going to get those smaller buds loaded with trichs, to me quality of quantity. But either way add a light mover and you'll see a dramatic difference between harvests. Also if you use let's say 4 400 watt panels located throughout the grow you get some pretty monstrous buds when compared to hps. Just because you tried 1 led light, doesn't make them bad for flower, you just have to learn how to fully use them during the flower stage to get the results your looking for.

Bro, there is no concept of indoor growing in my country. Everything is outdoors. Plus finding any of these fancy lights is next to impossible. Il have to get them imported at a huge customs duty cost. So I'm looking for anyone to tell me how I can add to my existing setup and if any one can give me any sort of information about the usefulness of my LEDs that would be great.

You seem to have a nice setup going on, I only have CFLs in my country and fluorescents which I've heard are shit. I'm getting additional CFLs soon, strapped for cash currently,but I want the least power consuming option available.

ok so i have the candy cane strain from crop king seeds and they have a 92 % germination rate ok so tell me wtf why cant i get any of them to grow like day 6 and im pretty sure i kill them all had one with a tap root in a good soil but somhow it rose to the top with the root showing first like i took it out and put it back into the paper towel method the other 4 have been germinating for a week now and nothing im getting new seeds tommorow but like im almost willing to give up idk what to do anymore please help me my seeds arnt doing anything they should be doing like in all these damn videos i see where the dam root is showing after being in a cup of water for 16 hours like i did everything this card is telling me to do and i feel like im wasting money sorry about the rant but please please help!!!

Might be old seeds or premature seeds, to help with this try finding a piece of sand paper, roll it and gently shake the seeds inside it while covering both ends, and try terminating again. Other than that I have no clue maybe the experts can help. I've lost some seeds too.

Back
Top Bottom