Your finger works pretty well for moisture in the soil. If you mean relative humidity in the air, any household thermometer with a humidity dial will do.
simple_thermometerhumidity.jpg

The humidity dial is adjustable, BTW. If you find it is different than other devices you have in the same area, just twist the ring on the back to calibrate.

Thank-You for your response, and sorry I didn't provide more info.
I'm using DWC and want to check inside the buds to see how much moisture is still in it. I pulled two other plants about 6 weeks ago, you still get high, but you have to smoke it all day. My buds now are fairly dry on the outside but are still green on the inside. Do u know how much moisture is suppose to be in the buds before you harvest them? Can you recommend a good moisture meter? Thanks for posting, I'll be waiting to hear from you

Oh, so sorry, Pete2! I am still growing in soil.

Once you dry them to the stage where the stems just snap, you jar them with a 62% humidipak, then burb the jars several times a day for at least a week. This lets out excess moisture.

I check the humidity in the mason jar with the same device in my previous post. Since it is taller than the jar, I enclose the jar, bud, and thermometer combo in a clear plastic bag until the RH stabilizes. After you get to around 60%, you can cap the jar and store it in a dark, cool place. If they get TOO dry during storage, you dampen a paper towel, put it over the mouth of the jar, then cap it overnight.

I hope I was in the ball park this time. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom