Help - Smell!

Cloud9999

setup :
1.2mx1.2mx1.8m growtent
240m3 carbon filter
180 m3 exhaust fan
computer intake small fan

so plants are now on their first week of flowering and whole flat started smelling
any suggestions???
my plans are to put ONA gel into the end of exhaust tube. what u think about it???
Not sure what i did wrong only idea is ventilation power...

Exhaust fan sounds to small for a tent that size & the little computer fan for intake is questionable by the sounds of it you not creating any negative pressure as to get odour leak.

Negative pressure is when the tent walls get sucked in slightly which helps you carbon filter work more efficiently.

Part of the problem is fan size & set up perhaps not enough air flow per hour.

What you need to look at is a fan capable of 400 m3 per hour if not a little more, ideally for exhaust either some 125 mm or 150 mm fan perhaps a dual speed fan this may mean you need to change carbon filter size as well.

I work on a simple solution with passive vents open at base of tent & use a single exhaust 125 mm dual speed fan with a little more m3 than i need with all most zero odour problems with negative pressure inside the tent.

You can go down the route of 2 fans for intake / exhaust if you really like basically a smaller fan size for intake & larger one for exhaust ideally same model, you could look at fan speed controllers as well but a low setting may cause bearing rattle/chatter more noise etc so it is better to go over gunned on the fans m3 per hour in most situations !

Back
Top Bottom