Grow Box Smell Control

Im using a cardboard box w a fishtank filter on the back of my grow cabinet out take. It works ok but I need to change it often. But if I had the dough Id get the real nice inline carbon activated filter ohhhhhhh lol ;)
420-magazine-mobile2021979111.jpg

Sent with my Light and Love Happy Growing

Lol laughed my way in here. I have had great luck with inline filters. You can blow air into them and mount outside the grow space too I have seen.

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine
I'm trying to laugh. But I'm frustrated trying to convince him we need something more substantial than his sock plan. .

Smell the flowers

There are huge differences in the effects of the methods you each prefer. Your way, the fan and charcoal, pulls ALL the air out of the box and cleans ALL the air that is leaving the box. The fan also forces ALL the air through the charcoal and then right out of the grow box.
This process allows room for outside clean-smelling air to be pulled in to replace the air that is leaving the box.

What your partner is suggesting for odour control will have virtually zero effect on the the smelly air in the box. The sock filled with chracoal and hung on the wall would have no physical way to interact with air; there's nothing forcing the air to integrate with the charcoal so it cannot get cleaned by it. The charcoal won't work like a Glade plug-in air freshener. The grow box air will remain as smelly and that smelly air will not be going anywhere except, as it passively leaks out at a steady rate to the rooms, spaces, and people around your grow room.

I want an inline activated carbon filter on the exhaust fan.

My husband wants a sock nailed to the wall full of activated charcoal.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Smell the flowers

My Old Lady would either tell me to put a sock in it or tell me where to put the sock...but she kind of a smart alec. Depends if a little smell is fine or not, if you can afford it I would think an inline one would maybe do more. I'm running my boxes thru the carbon prefilter stuff that comes in a sheet for air purifiers but holes size of computer fans and when it was in the shed the smell wasn't so bad but in the house got me in the doghouse ;) :rofl::rofl:

He told me to go on the grow box and see what he did.

420-magazine-mobile702331341.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1966330514.jpg

More details of my setup are on my journal. I still want something more significant that this old sock... We'll get there. :)

Smell the flowers
Are those fans blowing at or away from the plant?

Sent from my SM-G900V using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hey flowernose. Sorry if this is kinda rude, but I wanna ask, will a 4 inch inline extractor be strong enough to deal with the odor in my 100x100x180cm tent? God I hope so...
Wish I knew! Haha. Questions aren't rude, It's what we're here for! My husband's the engineer, though. He's doing all the tech and designing the space for the grow. I'm providing love, general YouTube education and plant interaction. I'll ask him.

Smell the flowers

We finally did get the odor down though. We used the sock with activated carbon, but put it on the back of a fan in the cab. There's also a foam carbon filter panel we've folded up and put under the exhaust fan, forgot to take a pic of the brand. Kind of ghetto rigged, but we're figuring it out. :)

Smell the flowers

Hi flower nose don't mean to be rude but I have a question to ask regaRding carbon filters. Usually in which stage do you switch your carbon filter on? :) first grow

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hi flower nose don't mean to be rude but I have a question to ask regaRding carbon filters. Usually in which stage do you switch your carbon filter on? :) first grow

Hi, Blowing trees. Questions aren't rude! :) It was about 3 weeks into veg when I started noticing a "green" aroma in the room with my stealth cab. I liked it and we had no visitors so we left it for a while. Start using the filters whenever you notice smells. :)

Smell the flowers

Hi, Blowing trees. Questions aren't rude! :) It was about 3 weeks into veg when I started noticing a "green" aroma in the room with my stealth cab. I liked it and we had no visitors so we left it for a while. Start using the filters whenever you notice smells. :)

Smell the flowers

Thank you flower nose quick reply and goodluck with your grow :)

Wish I knew! Haha. Questions aren't rude, It's what we're here for! My husband's the engineer, though. He's doing all the tech and designing the space for the grow. I'm providing love, general YouTube education and plant interaction. I'll ask him.

Smell the flowers
Guess ill just hsve to wait and see haha. I guess every fan must be a little different too. So i suppose ill just have to see once it gets here and check the low down. Nice filter system btw! Very interesting. Ill admit i underestimated sock power! Haha

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom