Before I start to grow just wanna know if I'm on the right track

Markyboy420

i enjoy smoking cannabis and use it for my back pain. What to be able to grow the strains I want and smoke something I no will be grown right (hopefully).Just need some wisdom from the elders before I start my journey.

I would like to start with autoflowers. Autoflowers are getting very good these days and should be abit easier and quicker to grow.

I brought a grow tent which is 80cm x 80cm and 160cm high

I got a Mars hydro 2 400w led.

4inch extractor fan and carbon filter

Biobizz nutrients ( bio grow, bio bloom, top max, bio heaven, root juice)

Bio is light mix soil

3x 2.5 gallon pots ( I might trade them in for 2x 3 gallons ones)

6 inch fan for air flow ( might get another one).

I done some reading and thought this would give me a nice personal yield for a tent that will be with me in my bedroom.

Any advice would be great fun and hopefully get growing in a week or two.

:)

I have that setup also. I can do 2 or 3 plants in soil in 3 to 5 gallon fabric pots, depending. I get a seedling going in solo cups, then put them in the pots for 30 to 40 days at 18/6, then 12/12. I use both switches all the time on the mars. I think i prefer a 40 day veg and 2 plants, if I was gonna do 3 plants I would use 3 gallon and 30 day veg. So 7 days to germ and seedling, 30 day veg, 60 day flower, 3 plants, 97 days, 9 to 12 0zs of jar able bud. Why do you want to do autos?

Hi

Thank you for the help. I wanted to do autos because for my first grow I wanted it to be abit easier on me. So having a short veg stage and keeping them in same pot because I've heard autos don't like being transplanted and not having to change light cycle seems abit more straight forward. i think I will go with 3x 3 gallon pots. 9 to 12 Oz's of bud I would very happy with that. I wouldn't mind growing normal feminised seeds. You do seem more in control of growing the plant. Is there any strains that work well with the led. Due to tent size I think indicas would be better plus more for my needs. Is the biobizz range easy to work with. Everything I've brought and no about has all came from online :)

Thank you

You got the basics for decent growing Markboy420

You're right to grow autos straight in their final pots and ought to get decent results with the nutes etc that you have. I would top the plants once they have three or 4 sets of true leaves to keep them shorter and bushier. I'd go with the 3 gal ones at least.

Keeping the light on 24 hours until they start flowering helps slow down the onset of flowering and let them get a bit bigger for larger yields. Then go to 20/4 or 18/6 for the rest of the grow.

Lots more to learn as you go but you got plenty of time yet.

:peace:

I would also go with 3 gallon pots. I agree with OldMeduser above on the topping of autos but on your very first grow I would hold off on that. Just keep it straight and simple. Topping of autos works and works well but it's also a very delicate cut that has to be done at a crucial time with autos. When topping auto's you want to do it right about day 15 from popping soil. This is tough because the new growth (usually above the 4th node) is so small that an untrained eye may not get the wanted portion snipped without taking the future side branch nubs that are very very close too. When topping a photo plant it's no biggie because you can wait longer before doing the top so the new vegetation parts are further separated making it very simple. With an auto you can top with no stunting but it has to be done quick. For a first grow you can almost achieve just as much with LST alone in my opinion.
Sounds to me like you are well on your way!

Thank you sir

I'm happy Im on the right track.( the nutrients I will get dosages right when it comes to it. That's another big factor for a decent grow)
I am going with 3x 3 gallon pots .would be just right. Would you think one or two CFL lights would help during flowering just so light can get everywhere or is the led enough. I was thinking of topping the plants but just didn't want to do to much for first grow. I can't wait to be able to smoke my own bud. Must be a good feeling.

The light schedule I will keep that in mind thank you.
I really can't wait to have those seeds planted and watch them grow. I will be growing in no time with help from everyone .

Thank you fanleaf.

I probly won't top the plant due to lack of experience. I unerstand you do need to be careful. I think for my first grow just getting a harvest of smoke able bud would the goal. Stuff like that would be for the next one. Thanks for advice :).

Thank you sir

I'm happy Im on the right track.( the nutrients I will get dosages right when it comes to it. That's another big factor for a decent grow)
I am going with 3x 3 gallon pots .would be just right. Would you think one or two CFL lights would help during flowering just so light can get everywhere or is the led enough. I was thinking of topping the plants but just didn't want to do to much for first grow. I can't wait to be able to smoke my own bud. Must be a good feeling.

The light schedule I will keep that in mind thank you.
I really can't wait to have those seeds planted and watch them grow. I will be growing in no time with help from everyone .

some 2700K or 3000K CFL's would be a good idea for the flower stage. I say that because you have 6.25 square feet of grow area (30"X30") and with your LED at 180W (400W but actual draw is 180 or slightly less) your only hitting 28.8 watts per square feet. That's great for veg but a little light in flower. Adding a few cfl's really close to the plant/s on the sides would in fact help.
Adding

Hi! I always love to see someone on the right track, which you are!

You have definitely got the right idea when it comes to autos vs photos. I'm actually in the process of growing out a few autos in my journal if you'd like to check it out. They're my first so you might learn from my mistakes. I also want to jump in there behind OldMed and stress long lights hours for autos just in case that wasn't clear..

CFLs are an excellent supplemental and early stage light source for the hobby grower in my humble opinion. Heat from CFLs can be an issue though, they generate more than LED especially if you have many.

Also, for photos (which is how I started) I would recommend checking this one out:
UltraDan's First Grow - White Widow - Flux - 2015

I really enjoyed that one I found it had lots of information embedded even if you're not trying to flux. :)

Good luck, happy growing!:Namaste:

Thanks again fanleaf.

I thought for the flowering I might need abit more light. I might be able to get 3x 2700k cfl's and add them down the side's of the plants. Would that be suitable for my first grow. I read somewhere that tucking in the fan leaves dueing flower would help with light. I would be using 18/6 light schedule. Picking leaves off they don't like it.

18/6 is fine. 3 or 4 cfls will help some. You will be just fine for a first grow. You can always change things up a bit or add more light later on another grow. Tucking the right leafs can help too. When you get up and running you should start a journal here so we can watch!

Sent from my VS980 4G using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hi young yoda

Thank you I will definitely be giving your journal read and a follow. Evey bit of information I get is great. I will take the temperature in consideration. Temperatures and humidity is not to bad where I am but might need to bring humidity down abit dueing flowering.

Thank you again young yoda and best of luck with yours :)

Thanks fanleaf

That's true. For first grow i most probably might just stick with mars hydro. I will remember to tuck right side. Let the light get in. I first grow won't be amazing but if I get close I will not give up. As soon I've got abit more information and a decent camera I will be uploading everyday. Why should I struggle when the best people 9/10 are on here. I can't wait get a good journal going for everyone. :)

Back
Top Bottom