What light to add to current LED setup?

Strykr

I ran my first grow a few months ago and with many mistakes on my part such as LED's being to high, overwatering, heat issues and a bunch more I was relatively happy and learned a ton.

I currently have 2 300w Apollo LED's (150 true watts) that I learned afterwards were way to high and have 90 degree lense' on them. I was only getting maybe 15000 lumens as opposed to the 36000 they would receive 1 foot off the plant.

So I plan on running these as secondary side lighting and adding another light to my grow. Just bought a 3x3 tent and have the room so...

Would you guys suggest getting a 400-600w hps or maybe just add some cfls? Heat really isn't an issue I just want the best bang for my buck and to increase my yield.

You could run a Mars II 400 5w LED and use what you have to fill in or get a Mars II 700 if you really want to rock that space with one light.

The 5w LED's have a lot more penetration over the 3w from the Apollo.

But that is just what I would do.

I own a Mars II 400 and 900 and many old ones like the Apollo.

I'd love to see 300w of LED complimenting 400W of HPS in a 3x3! Quantity, quality, intensity.... Best of everything! All this from a person that won't run HIDs in my own setup for safety reasons, whether real or perceived risk. Good luck with whatever you choose!

A Mars II 700 will light it well with a core flowering footprint of 32x32. It will still get pretty good light out to the edges.

A Mars II 900 would light it like the sun and give you 50w psf.

50w per psf of power pulled from the wall is what a lot of us are looking for to max out LED.

Both lights would work great in there.

You can find a lot of LED's that will work real nice.

But it is a big jump in price over Mar's for most others.

There are better ones for sure.(i do have a high end one too) But for the price. I think Mar's are by far the best deal out there

(I assume you are happy with the results you get from the Mars lights?) I have a monster og kush under my 900 right now. Yes I am very with it.

The yield from one run should pay for it.

At one time I grew with HID. I would spend plenty of time worrying about burning down the place.

I moved to 3w LED's 2.5 years ago and to 5w LED's last year. I love growing with LED myself.

I'd love to see 300w of LED complimenting 400W of HPS in a 3x3! Quantity, quality, intensity.... Best of everything! All this from a person that won't run HIDs in my own setup for safety reasons, whether real or perceived risk. Good luck with whatever you choose!

Hi Strykr, MarsII700w will cover 3.5'x3.5' at the height of 24". It will cover the 3'x3'. :Namaste:
Thanks for the reply duke. I assume you are happy with the results you get from the Mars lights? I've seen them mentioned but don't know to much about them.

The 700w would be enough to get good light to the whole 3x3 area you think?

Back
Top Bottom