• Soil

119 47.04%
  • Hydroponics

134 52.96%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Soil Vs Hydro

Soil Vs Hydro

Where do you think the Highest quality of bud can be produced?

You can do all orgainic either but I think you get something with the soil that you don't with hydro, and that is the dirt. I feel like the soil itself can actually contribute to the over all flavor of the bud, something that just water and nutrients cannot do. Maybe if you put some juice in your hydro system, You should try that Shavogrrl .

So what do you all think? Remember Quality not Quantity.
    Last edited by Brett2theMax; 05-07-2006 at 09:45 AM.
    Smoke buds with your buds
    -Me

"Its better to have known puff and to have lost it than to have never puffed at all"
    -Buttercup

Re: Soil Vs Hydro

The highest quality bud would be hydro for its ability to have the plant absorb the nutes and water better.
    Just a opinion from a hydro guy.

could you bring me a sample of both sir?

I always wondered why street prices differentiated (sp?) between "killer budz" & "Dro" Isn't the difference between the two only the method it's grown? I mean can't Schwagg weed be grown in a hydro setup just as easily as killer budz? and if so, would it be considered "Dro" or "Schwagg?"

Okay Thanks Carp!

420 Member

well considering i have only grown with soil. i cant say hydro, besides, soil mediums are easy when you dont have as much time to commit to your grow(i.e people that work alot).

LOL, we are at 50/50.
    Smoke buds with your buds
    -Me

"Its better to have known puff and to have lost it than to have never puffed at all"
    -Buttercup

I would think having the watering and lighting systems all timed would be less of a strain than soil.
    Just seems more controllable, hydro.
    But me, having a time with soil grows (Im a bit messy with all the dirt.) I have to try hydro to see whihc one I personally prefer.
    And as for smoking either of the two.. as I said earlier- I need samples of both. Seems like that would be the defining moment there. I never know what I am getting. Thats why I will be happy to harvest my own.And when (if) I move to Cali, they have freakin menus!!!.. so..

I just wanted to see the general concensus.

Quote Originally Posted by MadameCrash View Post
    I always wondered why street prices differentiated (sp?) between "killer budz" & "Dro" Isn't the difference between the two only the method it's grown? I mean can't Schwagg weed be grown in a hydro setup just as easily as killer budz? and if so, would it be considered "Dro" or "Schwagg?"
    Prob Dro.Ive heard that even mexically swag is pretty good before it gets all raped, and all the crystals get lost from compacting it so much.So if you took good care of a swag plant,It might not be DANK but probably not too bad either.

I've only grown hydro. I chose hydro because it seemed to me that it would be a lot easier to control. Soil seems really dirty to me. I grow indoors, so I don't want a bunch of "dirt" in here! Of course, outdoors, I would choose to grow in soil.

It seems that people who grow in soil SWEAR by it. Has there been any experiments that have grown soil and hydro using climate and light as control factors?

If you could do a soil grow and a hydro grow at the same time, using the same type of light and the temperature and humidity was the same...etc, it would be interesting to see what the difference would be.

Blog Entries

I am assuming here you mean soil outdoors.
    I think indoor/hydro is good for the growers who are hands-on hobbyists, enthusiast, or breeders. It involves a lot of mothering so a bond does develop between grower and plant. I guess outdoors is like being a surrogate mum lol.
    As for best buds. From a gardeners point of view, outdoors is best. You simply cannot beat the sun. The quality and size of a sun grown bud, where all other factors are met, is profound.
    The buds are bigger, "richer", danker and more vibrant.
    Put a human in a humidicrib and feed him through a IV drip only and see what you end up with at the end of the grow cycle.
    My conclusion then is that the sun is best, even though I grow indoors at the moment. Soil over hydro for flavour.
    Last edited by Medical Marijuana; 10-30-2007 at 09:08 PM.

420 Member

One big motivation to grow is so that you can control the process and be sure it wasn't soaked in pesticides or whatever. Hydro has a reputation for needing harsh chemicals. Organic soils and nutrients just sound a lot better....

soil tastes best, followed by cocos, then hydro...

the yield may (and I do stress MAY) be bigger on cocos or hydro but tastewise you can ALWAYS pick out the organic soil grown weed out of the bunch...

in case you don't believe me, one of the main reasons people here LOVE to smoke decent homegrown is because all coffeeshop weed is grown on hydro and just isn't as tasty, some shope even sell organic/soil grown weed, for a big mark up...but hey at least hey ARE offering it :P

now ofc a good grower on cocos will prolly still make better tasting bud than an idiot on soil so.....

my 2c

sly

Soil !
    Where there is secrecy, there is no truth; Where there is no truth , there is no justice ; Where there is no justice, there is no freedom. Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty ; It is the arguement of tyrants : It is the creed of slaves.

Blog Entries

I've grown all ways and if done right you will "NOT" be able to tell the difference in taste, looks or stone! If your worried about a chem taste from growing hydro, use organic nutrients. Pure blend pro is a great nutrient for all systems and set ups IMO.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast